hmmm

N

norwegicus

ok, got SWG to day, im now a medic, but what do i do?
go right for the mission thingy?
i tried doing some missions, and i run and run and run out in the wilderness :p

N

norwegicus

ill see if i find one :)
how do i become better in healing ppl? go heal every wounded i see? :p

T

Tenko

Exactly mate!

Earning money may be tricky to start with, if you get novice scout as well you can harvest some of the matterials you will need to make your own stims saving money and...this advice line could go on for ever!

Check out the FAQs at the top of the official profession forum board for medic advice. For each class Ive started Ive found these a great help.

N

norwegicus

Thanks!
last question for to night... i think :p
how do i become an imperial ?

N

norwegicus

ive had it whit medics, only confused here, what class is the way to go?

N

Nightchill

as I said, take scout/medic/marksman at the start so you can hunt successfully by yourself :) then decide later. no rush at all

N

norwegicus

phew... i miss the simple daoc professions.
if your a healer you click on your heal spell, you wave your arms arouns abit and the job is done.
as when i read a forum about medics it was talk about crafting stuff, foresting items for crafting, mind damage... im so not interesting in learning all this, and crafting sounds really boring! :)

N

Nightchill

if you want an easy to learn game which is basically target the mob and start hitting it, really suggest you return to DAoC hehe

A

amuse

The crating system in SWG is SOOOOO much bether and funnier than DaoC, witch is press a button, half finished, failed, and the same proces all ower again.

in SWG u get to chose the ingreedience, what parts u want, but powerups in the armor/weapon/clothes, NAME the armor/weapon/clothes, chose the color of the armor or clothers, and the bether crafter u get, the more colors u can "dye" ur armor with.

it is SO much funnier than daoc crafting syste..
in daoc i crated to 400 WC, 400 tailoring and was bored and didnt think of it anymore, in SWG i have crafterd to become a Droid Engineer, that takes aboute the same time to get as 400 tailoring, and im stil not bored of crafting.

and theres diferent types of crating.
theres Medical crafting, Droid crafting, Armor crafting, tailoring, a scouts/rangers camp crafting, cheffs crafting or cooking of food (yes, u need to eat some times, not to stay alive, but to get some stats bonuses, adn u NEED to feed ur pets)

and almost all these types of crafting are diferent, so u kinda never get bored of crafting, if u havent masterd all of those proffesions, and that takes a LOONG time.

and the healing system is the same as in DaoC, u chose ur target, press a button and u heal, but the difference is that u hafto make the medicine urself, get experiense in medical crafting to make bether medecine, and get experience in medical use, to be able to use the medecines u make. and if u die here, u die, and can only be ressurected by a master doctor, or go to a cloning facilety far far away from where u was.

have loads of stuff to say, but i fear that the post will be even more boring than it is now if i do :p

N

norwegicus

well, ill go try this out, abit sad giving up after i spendt 2 hours getting accepted into the imperial faction :)
ill try foresting for crafting items :p

M

Mophead

The medical forage skill is completely crap - the chances of you actually forgaging enough of the same resource to make something are equivalent to a snowman surviving in hell. In my opinion your far better off getting novice artisan and some survey tools.

O

old.Trine Aquavit

My advice is to pick up all basic professions at the start. It only costs 600cr to do and each one of them gives you something useful. You can always drop them later when you need the skill points for other professions but in the early stages they will all help you earn XP.

Example:

You go on a bunch of destroy missions. You find your target quickly (Scout) and start killing with your rifle (Marksman). The creature attacks so you switch to your heavy axe (Brawler) to finish it off. You take some damage, which is easily fixed by a few Stim-B's (Medic). You harvest the creatures for meat, hide and bones to make stims and camps.

Eventually, your wounds get too much so you set up a camp (Scout) and heal your wounds (Medic & Entertainer). While you're there you decide to survey (Artisan) for the metal you need to craft some more stimpacks. You find a nice concentration of good quality resource, set up a wind generator and a few mineral harvesters. You leave them with enough power/maintenance for a few days and carry on with your killing. Eventually you come back to your harvesters and pick up 20K of good quality metal, half of which you keep to make your stims, the other half you sell on the bazaar to buy some armour.

Eventually, you'll have a better idea of what you want to do in the game and how you want to play but taking up all the basic professions will help whichever path you choose.

W

|WarpiG|

Medic advice?
Get some cash, buy a personal mineral extractor and a micro flora farm and some wind energy from the market.
Run out out side a big city and find a place with lots of harvesters and place yours. Get it extracting copper and any type of organic crap with a decent %

Kill some stuff or logout and sleep while the harvesters gather the stuff. Once you have a a few K of each of the 2 materials, go find a nice quiet corner of a cantina or medical center and start grinding up the Organic chemistry skills by practice making the bio effect controllers.

Once you hit lvl 4 you will be able to make and experiment on Stim B's and C's and Wound Pack B's

Make as many of Stim B's as you can then go out with a hunting party of brawlers. Work your way up the pharmacology tree next.
Stim C's can only be used at level 4 Pharmacology, but they alow you to heal very much faster and for alot more xp per use.

Once you make an use your own Stim c's you will hit master medic in no time :)

Or you can buy stims's from the market and do the grinding last :)

O

old.Trine Aquavit

A couple more tips to add to that:

1. Get three crafting devices (of the type that's needed). You can generally keep 3 devices busy when crafting lots

2. Set up your mouse so that your middle mouse button does a double click.

3. You can use a macro to do the rest of the crafting, but not the middle mouse stuff.

A

amuse

heres a good start:

start as a medic, buye scout and marksman skills, go do some "kill" or "destroy" mission and gather up enught cash for some mettal, and remeber to harvest every creature u kill.

then make some stimpacks and use them to heal while u fight, or when u are resting after a fight.

edit: and get into groups.. the xping is faster then :)

N

norwegicus

ok, 1 more question :p
tend damage dont seem to need any medical equipment... why?
do i get better at healing using that?

N

Nightchill

tenddamage is a heal which doesn't need equipment but (iirc) causes mind wounds. use only in a last ditch attempt when it's neccessary.

D

darbey

Just some tips on how i made it through medic pretty quickly.

Biggest and best idea is as soon as you can get ytourself on sharnaff hunting parties, majority of the time hardly anyone was harvesting them so harvest them for their meat, makes a high quality ingredient for medicines. Once u got a few in meat , buy some inorganics off bazarre, quality isnt really an issue at this point as i would stick to stim a. Then goto cantina in coronet city or any of the capital cities for that matter and heal the entertainers continously depleting action pools. Stick with stim a as u can heal small amounts of damage (there will be other healers there so u often trying to complete with healing) . U can craft stims while u r healing and they will also mind buff u for your services. You should rattle through very quickly.

N

norwegicus

WOHOO!
i did it, i actualy managed to craft some stimpacks! :D
proves even a molle can understand it :p
thanks for all your help, took a while but im abit brighter now. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom