Hmm why are Mids gimped with some Realm Abilities

S

Stonebits

My shaman has just dinged past 40, and having some RA points to spend I have been looking at what to buy.

I had aleady decided to get Wild Arcana (Chance of Crits with DOTs) and started looking at some of the other things I can get...

Hmm i think, surely there must be an ability to Wild 'whatever' to give a chance of crits on my bolts... There is its called Wild Power... But I cant get it!!!

In Mid only Runemasters and SM can get it, plus now the bonedancer, where as in Alb 5 classes can get it, and in Hib 4 classes can get it.....

So thats Alb 5 Mid 3 Hib 4

Having a look a the other 'wild'powers

Wild Arcana: Alb 6 Mid 5 Hib 5
Wild Healing: Alb 2 Mid 2 Hib 3
Wild Minion: Alb 3 Mid 1 Hib 2

Why does Midgard get less of these wild powers, surely shammys should have access to Wild Power.

Also... Wild minion... Only Spirit Masters can get it... Why not bonedancers.... Necros in Alb can get it....

Grumble.... :m00:

Ps: all my info came from here http://www.ping.de/~sven/daoc/configurator.shtml

E

erl

Because Albs and Hibs have more pure casting classes.

O

old.Zeikerd

To relieve you somewhat. Wild Minion is bugged. Even in 1.60 it doesn't work.
What should it do?
Make your pet attacks crit with 5% chance each level

What does it now?
It makes your pet attacks crit with 0% chance each level

It does NOTHING, don't spend points into it.

A

Apathy

~wobbles around laughing~

lips.jpg
Lips for Mythic! :clap:

a.

T

Tigerius

Oh cry me a fucking river shammie-twat. Why don't you compare RELATED classes. Shammies get Wild Arcana, Druids don't. Shammies don't get Wild Power, neither do Clerics. Healers and Druids get Mastery of Blocking, Clerics don't. Where exactly are Mids bad off here?

As Cleric I'm wishing every day I could get some form of RA that would boost my combat abilities, but there are none. Aug Strength.....

D

Danya

Shamen are not a pure casting class, so they can't crit their DDs anyway. Because of this they also don't get the DD-crit increasing RAs, I'm really not seeing the imbalance here. As erl said, Midgard has less casters classes than hib and alb so they will have less classes able to get the abilities.

O

old.yaruar

Originally posted by Tigerius
Oh cry me a fucking river shammie-twat. Why don't you compare RELATED classes. Shammies get Wild Arcana, Druids don't. Shammies don't get Wild Power, neither do Clerics. Healers and Druids get Mastery of Blocking, Clerics don't. Where exactly are Mids bad off here?

As Cleric I'm wishing every day I could get some form of RA that would boost my combat abilities, but there are none. Aug Strength.....

I got hit last night by a cleric for nearly 400 hits.

Please don't get any help ;-P

At least I assume it was a cleric, I'd hate to have been hit by any other staff weilder for that amount.

D

Danya

That's a friar, most clerics are lucky to hit for 50. ;)

R

Roo Stercogburn

I like the shammy RA's. Got Wild Arcana, Mastery of the Arcane, Wild Healing, Mastery of Healing, MCL, Aug Acuity, Aug dex, aug con.

Noticable difference in buffs since getting the buff RA, crits on disease and DoTs are a hoot. Bolt rarely hits anything so not worried, the dd is just a nice to have, its rarely going to kill someone and I don't get overly excited about it. The healing related ones help compensate for weak mend.

Ichor - expensive, but very very nice I'm told by the shammies that have it.

I think shammy RA's are amongst the better ones. Not uber, but good.

S

Stonebits

Oh cry me a fucking river shammie-twat.

Ahhh nice to see that some people still know how to try and make themselves look big by swearing and being offensive while at the same time looking an idiot.... tsk tsk... :ROFLMAO:

Thanks to everyone else for their structured answers....... :great:

Roo think I may be saving up for Ichor hehe :wink2: seen a few clerics I want to try it on :)

T

Tigerius

It's not like me, but when the only healing class with acces to critting RAs comes whining about.. critting RAs.. it stings.

As for the stick-wielder hitting you for a few hundred, that would almost guaranteed be a Friar. Clerics can admittedly use Staffs, and since I've broken 100 a few rare times with a Mace I suppose a Staff Cleric could go somewhere around 150 (with 3 melee relics), but not beyond that.

A

Aule Valar

it could have been an inf PAing you with a staff

T

tripitaka

Oh cry me a fucking river shammie-twat. Why don't you compare RELATED classes.

ROFL pot calling kettle black - Mr BUFF BOT. 'My Cleric is gimped / nerfed - i need a buffbot' Cry yourself that river....

M

moo_work

Also... Wild minion... Only Spirit Masters can get it... Why not bonedancers.... Necros in Alb can get it....

wild minion is possibly the most worthless ra since lifter and mastery of water,

5% chance to crit on pet melee attacks

OMFG OWNAGE!

S

Sibanac

Re: Re: Hmm why are Mids gimped with some Realm Abilities

Originally posted by moo_work
wild minion is possibly the most worthless ra since lifter and mastery of water,

5% chance to crit on pet melee attacks

OMFG OWNAGE!

actualy lifter if fairly usefull, reduces chance for perma root on castets and my pally can now carry a ram with just a basline buff

T

Tasans

Excited Frenzy
Tundra
Fury of the Gods
Static Tempest
Shadow Run

Great RAs all of them :p

T

Tigerius

Originally posted by tripitaka
ROFL pot calling kettle black - Mr BUFF BOT. 'My Cleric is gimped / nerfed - i need a buffbot' Cry yourself that river....

Sorry what exactly is it you are trying to say here?

I'm a perfectly viable buffbot thank you. I'm not a viable damage support as shammies are unfortunaly.

T

tripitaka

Str8 over ur head eh ?

Thats exactly my point. Ur a buffbot.

Why do you feel u need to have a buff bot ?

If not to make urself and those around you better than the enemy, which in itself is kinda prudish & big headed.. Look at me im uber... No, i think ur a bit lame tbh.

I could continue my arguement against buffbots, but i won't, simply because this is turning into a flame, which it wasn't intended to be.

M

Madonion Slicer

Shaman have one of the best RA Longwind 1, couple this with the lvl32 End Regain and you never run anywhere again Sprriiinnnnttt your way around Midgard, and turbo sprint from keep to keep in Odins.

S

SilverHood

Originally posted by Tasans
Excited Frenzy
Tundra
Fury of the Gods
Static Tempest
Shadow Run

Great RAs all of them :p

Add those the the Mastery of Water list for useless RA's.
Add the "combat" style mid tanks get as well.
:rolleyes:

F

Flimgoblin

Re: Str8 over ur head eh ?

Originally posted by tripitaka
I could continue my arguement against buffbots, but i won't, simply because this is turning into a flame, which it wasn't intended to be.

Actually Tigerius is an enhance cleric...

he leaves the PK ;)

F

Flimgoblin

Originally posted by SilverHood
Add those the the Mastery of Water list for useless RA's.
Add the "combat" style mid tanks get as well.
:rolleyes:

hey, I get one of those utterly shite combat styles too.

Unique RA crapness is fairly liberally sprinkled around the classes, just a few got lucky (and none of them were in Mid which they like to remind us of constantly)

Hey I don't get Avoid pain! nerf!

K

Kernum

At least I assume it was a cleric, I'd hate to have been hit by any other staff weilder for that amount.

as was said this is a Friar... a healing class...wait a god damn fucking minute a healing class doing 400 dmg..ooh lets look at all the other support classes melling for that shall we???????
NO wait sorry there isnt one..
ohh well least all the other realms have got a caster who cant be PA`d cause Mythic made them invulnerable..no wait sorry my bad again!
Ohh silly me its only ALB that has those...why am I shocked??
K.

T

Tigerius

Re: Re: Str8 over ur head eh ?

Originally posted by Flimgoblin
Actually Tigerius is an enhance cleric...

he leaves the PK ;)

Thank you for that refreshing comment.

I don't HAVE a buffbot, I AM a buffbot. I have 1 or 2 alts sure, but they're on the same account and in no way using my high Enhance Cleric as a bot. I play her when she's on and that's that.

So please, take that superior crap and stuff it somewhere? The only thing I have a need for is supporting others in the best way I can.

A

Arumar

Originally posted by Kernum

as was said this is a Friar... a healing class...wait a god damn fucking minute a healing class doing 400 dmg..ooh lets look at all the other support classes melling for that shall we???????
NO wait sorry there isnt one..
ohh well least all the other realms have got a caster who cant be PA`d cause Mythic made them invulnerable..no wait sorry my bad again!
Ohh silly me its only ALB that has those...why am I shocked??
K.
Um, friars are a healing class?? since when?? they're a fighter, and a backup healer class. a group would only ever look to a friar for healing as a last resort. their primary goal is to deal out damage. Look up the info on a class before you comment on it...
and as for the mid ra, like has already been said, only those who can crit the shot get an ra to increase the chances. otherwise, i want an ra to get a crit on my mincer's dd shouts! :)

Y

-yoda-

Originally posted by Stonebits
My shaman has just dinged past 40, and having some RA points to spend I have been looking at what to buy.

I had aleady decided to get Wild Arcana (Chance of Crits with DOTs) and started looking at some of the other things I can get...

Hmm i think, surely there must be an ability to Wild 'whatever' to give a chance of crits on my bolts... There is its called Wild Power... But I cant get it!!!

In Mid only Runemasters and SM can get it, plus now the bonedancer, where as in Alb 5 classes can get it, and in Hib 4 classes can get it.....

So thats Alb 5 Mid 3 Hib 4

Having a look a the other 'wild'powers

Wild Arcana: Alb 6 Mid 5 Hib 5
Wild Healing: Alb 2 Mid 2 Hib 3
Wild Minion: Alb 3 Mid 1 Hib 2

Why does Midgard get less of these wild powers, surely shammys should have access to Wild Power.

Grumble.... :m00:

Ps: all my info came from here http://www.ping.de/~sven/daoc/configurator.shtml

Shamens are NOT casters :) they are classed as a healing class :) thats why you dont get extra dmge to your bolt. i aint checked cleric ra' but i wouldnt be suprised if clerics dont get it either ,

A

Arakasi01

Whole midgard setup of Realm abilities is a joke to be honest, not only shamans suffer.

E

eben

What a sack of shite about mid RAs. Yes some are gimped, but other realms have their share of gimpness too.

In fact the Shaman RA - Ichor of the Deep - is very good. Insta aoe damage root on bolt range. I tell you it rules. I've garnered many an RP thanks to that (I have a 4L9 shaman on excal). Also it will save your ass too.

Add to that Perfect Recovery - fecking great healer RA. Gets any dood back on their feet in battle with no res sickness and full power and end.

The runie trap is nice too.

I think the original poster might wanna review a couple of things. Shammies do well in Midgard for RAs. Also, it's not clever to compare numbers of classes with certain RAs when the realms don't even have the same number of classes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom