HL2 delayed again

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
How can there be a delay when no release date has been mentioned by Valve?

munkyf

Fledgling Freddie
Valve stated an original release date of Sept 2003. Then spring 2004.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
The more you think about it, the longer its going to take. Just put it in the back of your mind, under lock and key.

Deady

Fledgling Freddie
i find it quite amusing that people "upgraded their pcs ready for Halflife2" in about 2001 :)

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
munkyf said:
Valve stated an original release date of Sept 2003. Then spring 2004.
No they didnt. The Sep 2003 date was never confirmed in questions at the time, and it was Vivendi that stated the Spring 2004 release date -which was then denied by Valve.

Doomy

Fledgling Freddie
I hear one of the secret characters is Duke Nukem.

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.
*sigh*

I was discussing with Xavier the other night that I'm giving less and less of a toss about HL2 the more crap I hear about it in the news. For me, it was the most anticipated game of 2003/early 2004 - but now I don't give a shit if it's pulled altogether.

Edit: I expect a xmas 2004 release, so don't think sept 2004 is the defacto date.

I've got a feeling Far Cry is going to be a much better game.

G

Xavier

Can't get enough of FH
Ch3tan said:
No they didnt. The Sep 2003 date was never confirmed in questions at the time,
I'm afraid they did, both at E3 and in some interviews. I sat and watched the first public demo at the show last May and even then Gabe Newell was talking about their commitment to a september 30th launch.

Up until the August, where it was becoming clear Valve weren't going to make the deadline, all of the builds of HL2 had comments as to the date of the compile *and* the remaining time til 30/9/03

Ch3tan said:
and it was Vivendi that stated the Spring 2004 release date -which was then denied by Valve.
When we were benchmarking HL2 late last year, the valve pr bunnies were also touting a spring date...

At the moment the slippage is unconfirmed, I guess we'll have to sit and wait for an announcement, either in the next month or worst case at E3 '04.

What bothers me more is that ATI are apparently no longer bundling Half Life 2 coupons with the 9600XT.:(

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Yeah, its upto the board manufacturers to pay to include the coupon in all boards but the 9800 XT.

This latest delay report, like most others is from a retailer who has speculated and changed the release date. Its nothing at all from Valve.

Valve shut up about the sept 30 release at the start of September, and refused to comment either way.

Either way, speculation about the date is pointless now. I think it is quite clear that they will release it when it's ready and when they decide the time is right.

]SK[

One of Freddy's beloved
How did valve ever let it get to like 5 days before release before saying oh its gonna be delayed? I mean it doesnt look (being how many months on now) that they were only just off finishing it.

leggy

Probably Scottish
Does anyone care though?

If this game never gets released I won't be shedding a single tear.

leggy

Probably Scottish
IMO, if you ahve already parted with cash for it you are either daft or a liar. Most places will not charge your card until it is ready for despatch. Anyone who does before hand is breaking the law.

I, myself, have a worthless coupon.

Pro]v[etheus

Fledgling Freddie
leggy said:
IMO, if you ahve already parted with cash for it you are either daft or a liar. Most places will not charge your card until it is ready for despatch. Anyone who does before hand is breaking the law.

I, myself, have a worthless coupon.
Nit picking git :touch:

Ok, i haven't 'paid' for it as such but i have pre-ordered it.

Omega

Fledgling Freddie
Shame we keep having to wait around, chance to save cash for a PC upgrade though.

Mophead

Loyal Freddie
I've just got no interest at the mo - unless of course they put a lightsaber in :p

]SK[

One of Freddy's beloved
Theres Lightsabers on the incoming map of svencoop :)

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.
There is a rumour spreading like wildfire on halflife2.net that HL2 is due for a Feb 24th release.

http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?&threadid=73451 also documents this.

Speculation, rumours, lies, truth - who knows. Just more of the same rumour mill.

The first person to post "total bollocks" shall be taken to the desert and shot in the face.

G

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
[font=verdana, arial, helvetica]A souce at ATI leaked the release date of HL2 as the 24th feb 2004, *snip* ( got the info from SKY'S Gamesville programme and there not normally wrong with there PC news)
Gamesville LOL. Always wrong :)
[/font]

~{z3r0c00|}~

Fledgling Freddie
i think hafl life 2 will roxxx way better than doom3 which will sux coz their will b no mp ~8-(

but i heard u will need an dual p4 and 2 gig ram and 9800xp

i still liek half life 1 but cs is boring wit lots o n00bz

Conchabar

Fledgling Freddie
the more and more ppl care less about it the less hype there will be about it and the better the game can be imho anyway. hyped games nearly always sux imho

]SK[

One of Freddy's beloved
Nah hl2 wont suck, I took it as Valve are pretty much making HL2 a copy of HL1 with some updated features and graphics. I can er tell you the game feels and plays like HL1 ;o

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom