Hitting a BG near you.. [Bramstoker]

RS|Phil

Can't get enough of FH
GrafenburgMerc said:
Funny thing is an inf should easily beat a vamp if only you had the brains to figure it out...

Hit them till they die? oO

GrafenburgMerc

Fledgling Freddie
Ashton said:
...and for those for whom pictures speak louder than words...

/edit: seems system bar is a little scrolled up: the celt vamp targetted is infact Manor, Isus is the other celt vamp and the shar vamp in the blue + black cloak is of course my friend Morienara

Yeah and this is the screenshot where you were defending ck right, look like it was in a lot of danger to me - NOT!

Your ss also doesnt show the 2 scouts and a heretic on the roof, crush merc inside and god knows how many other infs lurking around.

Isus

Perf

One of Freddy's beloved
RS|Phil said:
Vamps will be nerfed.
We will laugh.

Seriously all the clases are OP in some regard or another except valk which is dog shit.

Vamp HoT, Warlocks DoT, Heretics FDoT - all insane.

Vamps HoT does not make them overpowered, maybe in some circumstances in thid or molv, but aftr that it isnt. After thid then it equals out, I never hear how Op Vamps are in higher bg's or indeed big boy rvr about warlocks I dont know. I dont understand really why ppl cry nerf, vamps will not be nerfed because in the end game rvr they arent Op at all, and thats what matters to the ppl who design this game. looks like warlocks are though from what i read.

liloe

It's my birthday today!
Ashton said:
ROFL :eek: yeah m8 sorry, what was i thinking, next time i'll come out and let u 3 vamps kill me by standing there toe to toe and trying to kill one of u. Just like the time u mentioned when i was standing there repairing the wall, what happens?... u and some other vamp turn up and kill me. And what was the heretic thinking of, healing a realm mate in combat? OMG surely not, what a disgrace.

And yes i am always solo on my inf, unfortunately i dont have the power to control every other alb in there so unless im standing in some corner of thid i aint ALWAYS gonna be alone especially not when trying to defend the ck lol.

Sorry for the sarcasm etc, but calling someone a gimp for what i would consider sensible play, ie. not getting killed by 3 vamps to 1 inf is kinda lame imo. Get a clue tbh :(

I don't know if you just forget some stuff or try to be funny, but where did I ask you to stand still when 3 vamps hit on you? Where did I say it was lame to get heals when 3 guys jump you?

a) You killed that other Vamp in front of the door, was pretty fast, then I was alone there ( alone = no other vamps ). I have to deal with a keepguard, than this highlander guy jumps out of the door. I attack him and at the moment he walks back to door direction, bang, I get you in my back. I kill highlander and turn to you, 1 more claw and you were dead, bad luck for me there, I'd have needed 30 HP more.

b) The screenshot outside PK. Maybe you don't know the situation outside PK, at least nearly all dm's from you were from Thid Faste, but to enlighten the situation, there were 5 mids running around together with skald/bd/shammy/warlock/other class and they were spotted around the PK, sooo we went there to kill them together instead of being farmed over and over, understandable, no?

c) When I killed you ( besides the hole in the wall ), I was under assault from a heretic all the time. Still, I must say it was a nice satisfaction to lie on the ground besides you I must say.

d) If I had time to do some lameass RP-PL'ing I'd come as RR2 aswell and we'd see a bit how you try to kill me, ok? Just I can't be bothered after doing it once, such a waste of time :(

e) You don't have the power to control every fight and claim to be solo, still you add on every fight? Not that I care, not in Thid, but then don't spread such crap at least please.

ehm well, I think that was it. Hoping to finally get crafted weapon today =)

EDIT: my vamp looks cute on the screenie =) blue is really TEH color =)

liloe

It's my birthday today!
Xoxarle said:
Hrm, for a moment there i thought you were trying to deny vamps were overpowered...
Retard.

And as to comparing them to warlocks, they got enough moans already, we already know whatthey do, here we bitch about vamps.

Retard must be the most used word on FH, maybe some people should go back to school and enlarge their vocabulary a bit, hm?

"You not same opinion? You be retard m8er" - oh how I love this. Maybe you just read again what Perf wrote, cause I think he hit it quite well. The Vamp is surely not a weak class, but it's not the killer people pretend it to be. You also can't judge this by Thidranki or a few individuals. That's like saying Mercenaries are totally OP just cause Gladric kills fg's or ppl in fg's in his 4 videos. I have played a lot of classes fully equipped in Thid and tbh, the Skald is one of the strongest classes I've played, including the fact that he was not even SC'd, just /lvl armor and a crafted weapon with proc +buffbot. Runemaster is also terrible enemy if you know how to use your tools. Mincer is an ok'ish class, but most mincers don't understand that their stun shout has a too short duration. Cabba and sorc are nice, but cabba pet is far away from the chainstunning machine people claim it to be and if you want damage on sorc, you give up on the long range mezz, at least in Thid.

So, comparing the Vamp to the other classes I played in Thid, I come to the conclusion ( that between black and white there is no room for 2 :p ermmm...) that he is a strong melee fighter who is very vulnerable to most ranged attackers who know to play well.

RS|Phil

Can't get enough of FH
Perf said:
Vamps HoT does not make them overpowered, maybe in some circumstances in thid or molv, but aftr that it isnt. After thid then it equals out, I never hear how Op Vamps are in higher bg's or indeed big boy rvr about warlocks I dont know. I dont understand really why ppl cry nerf, vamps will not be nerfed because in the end game rvr they arent Op at all, and thats what matters to the ppl who design this game. looks like warlocks are though from what i read.

You're not looking it from the correct perspective. You're falling in line with all the other people and saying "Vamps aren't OP! Look at Warlocks tbh!"

You miss the point.

Warlock are overpowered, totally - I should know I have one. And I have a Vamp too. VAmps are overpowered. I should know, I play one....

A Vamp has too much going for it.

- Heavy Tank HP table.
- Self buffs even a bot can't duplicate - and I've fought a Vamp fully buffed btw and they still kick arse..
- Climb walls (on a tank WTF lol)
- A HoT spell that heals for more than 2 stacked DoTs per tick. And I mean big boy RvR and BG4 and BG5 - I have spent time coming to my conclusions you know.
- Instant interrupt (this is my main concern btw since it basically means a Vamp can stop a caster and move at speed into melee before the caster can do anything)
- Chainable ranged attacks that can outcast a Sorc/SM nukes. Do little damage yep, but it renders the caster impotent.
- Mastery of Stealth ( see the WTF on a tank lol comment above )

There are so many reasons. They will be nerfed. You can believe this - as they are currently they have no place in the game.

No doubt you'll come back with some reasons why they aren't but we all know what we know - and we know Vamps are OP .... unless you play one. Funny that.

Amel

Fledgling Freddie
tbh the way mythic are trying to sell their expansions by introducing way OP classes at the expense of some peoples enjoyment of the game makes me sick, its just proof of what a sad sad world we live in that revolves around profit and not the important things

Amel

Fledgling Freddie
liloe try and understand not everyone writes like they do in text books so just relax a bit wud ya? u misunderstood alot of what was said it seems

RS|Phil

Can't get enough of FH
Amel said:
tbh the way mythic are trying to sell their expansions by introducing way OP classes at the expense of some peoples enjoyment of the game makes me sick

Yes, they'll leave them OP for a few months then nerf :)
It'll come soon, since the box-set has gone on sale now.

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
People who's sole ability to argue consists of going "HUHUH YOU RETARD!!" will be getting a short sharp smack with the hammer of banz0r :)

Behave.

liloe

It's my birthday today!
Amel said:
liloe try and understand not everyone writes like they do in text books so just relax a bit wud ya? u misunderstood alot of what was said it seems

I don't know who's misunderstanding here, I was just stating that the most common instant reaction on FH atm is: you're a retard. I never asked for textbook writing, did I?

Also I'm not sure what I misunderstood. I gave my PoV of the Vampiir in Thid, how I see the spells/abilities. I'm sry if I sounded like if I pointed at the Warlock, what I mean is: that the vamp can be outperformed by other classes and ok, I said Warlock because those were the ones who mostly killed me yesterday =) but there are other classes ( as stated in my post ).

I'm relaxed, I just don't like if ppl claim stuff I never said or try to imply things in my posts.

liloe

It's my birthday today!
Flimgoblin said:
People who's sole ability to argue consists of going "HUHUH YOU RETARD!!" will be getting a short sharp smack with the hammer of banz0r :)

Behave.

<3 Flim =)

Ronso

Can't get enough of FH
Flimgoblin said:

Behave.

I frikin love that hamzor !

Ashton

Loyal Freddie
liloe said:
I don't know if you just forget some stuff or try to be funny
Nope, fairly hard to forget something i just watched 2or3 times on the fraps recording i have of the entire incident.

liloe said:
Where did I ask you to stand still when 3 vamps hit on you? Where did I say it was lame to get heals when 3 guys jump you?
Well as i understood it this was the main point of your whine when u said...
liloe said:
EDIT: Brokeninfil, you're a gimp. Everyone can run in and out of the keep or have a heretic inside to heal
What do u suggest i should have done differently in thet scenario then? Sit inside ck and do nothing while theres 3 enemy outside? Go and suicide on the 5 roaming mids? Get killed by trying to kill all 3 of u at once? I know everyone CAN run in and out of the keep when they are outnumbered and even when they're not, thats what its there for, and u see it happen all the time.

liloe said:
a) You killed that other Vamp in front of the door, was pretty fast, then I was alone there ( alone = no other vamps ). I have to deal with a keepguard, than this highlander guy jumps out of the door. I attack him and at the moment he walks back to door direction, bang, I get you in my back. I kill highlander and turn to you, 1 more claw and you were dead, bad luck for me there, I'd have needed 30 HP more.
Nope, just after that screenshot i pa'd the sitting Manor, went inside, reapplied poison. Came back out, killed Isus (not by PA -> Run as i thought before watching the vid but hitting on him the whole time until he died) he had 1 armsman npc agro admittedly. Turned to you once he was dead, hit u once then ran back inside. As i ran from u i didn't think i was going to make it inside b4 u killed me so i popped vanish so u lost stick/loc on me. As i was resting the paladin who had just arrived Derfal went out of the gate and i assume killed u, u of course had the npc agro at this time.

liloe said:
b) The screenshot outside PK. Maybe you don't know the situation outside PK, at least nearly all dm's from you were from Thid Faste, but to enlighten the situation, there were 5 mids running around together with skald/bd/shammy/warlock/other class and they were spotted around the PK, sooo we went there to kill them together instead of being farmed over and over, understandable, no?
I believe the 5th mid was norse zerker(?) name begingng with F in the green/white emblem. Yes i was in CK for a fair while... Didthathert had supplied some wood and i was repairing the door. Naturally when ever i heard u3 come back (ie when i heard the fight between u and the npc's outside) i would pop my head out and attack.

liloe said:
c) When I killed you ( besides the hole in the wall ), I was under assault from a heretic all the time. Still, I must say it was a nice satisfaction to lie on the ground besides you I must say.
I know u was, i coulda done with a heal from him :p But Isus was there too (i'm not saying he was grouped with u coz i know for a fact he was solo when i saw him at other times in the night)

liloe said:
d) If I had time to do some lameass RP-PL'ing I'd come as RR2 aswell and we'd see a bit how you try to kill me, ok? Just I can't be bothered after doing it once, such a waste of time :(
Well i leeched rps from keep/tower takes/defences but same thing i guess. And yes it was boring.

I still don't really get why you're whining tbh, because u died? Because i didnt on that occasion? Because i used the inside of ck to escape enemys when i was low on hits? Because i used the kinda common hit and run tactics when i was outnumbered?

/afk lunch :D

RS|Phil

Can't get enough of FH
They should have made it so that you can go into BG1 with 350 RP but get no more RP - however if you gain RP over 350 then you can't.

Silly design team.

Ashton

Loyal Freddie
GrafenburgMerc said:
You say you were defending a keep that was in no danger of being taken by a couple of solo vamps???. IMHO you are just lame for sitting in safety with your scout and heretic buddies.
Defending keep = killing enemys inside that keep. Didn't say it was in danger of being taken obviously not, but why were u there then? Because there was enemy there that u could fight... snap, that and the fact i was repairing the door.

GrafenburgMerc said:
You should take your rr2, legendary heat wielding, toa overcapped, buffbotted, overpowered spec AF but still gimped infil and level to Molvic.
Awwwww thanx. And FYI they're level 26 Mithril Dirks dyed with crimson weapon luster, LGM's look totally different (they have the hand guard things and are a brighter red) and will appear to u as 'stiletto' or 'rapier' on system bar.

GrafenburgMerc said:
And before someone says qq...

You know we met once in open field and I tore you a new one, only vanish saved your sorry ass.
Aye i remember, but u cant exactly say u ''tore me a new one'' when u was the one who died, specially when i missed PA by a long way.

Ashton

Loyal Freddie
RS|Phil said:
They should have made it so that you can go into BG1 with 350 RP but get no more RP - however if you gain RP over 350 then you can't.

Silly design team.
agreed

or allow over the 350 cap to be earned at 1rp per kill in thid

RS|Phil

Can't get enough of FH
Ashton said:
agreed

or allow over the 350 cap to be earned at 1rp per kill in thid

Just cap it at 350 and disallow access.

I gather from above you're a RR2L4 infil? That's the kind of player that's spoiled Thid for the casual leveller - too many people play Thid full time now making it a difficult for someone to just pop in emerald gear and have a fair fight.

Personally, I played till I get 25 RP and levelled out because of that.
oO

Devilseye

Fledgling Freddie
Yes.. Vamps are OP'd in Thid..
No.. Vamps are not OP'd @ 50 :<

Spam Power Leak (battlemaster Master Ability) on them. and its Bye bye vamp

Duelled a Vampiir with Mistify (50 warden. 6sec pbt... ML6)
6sec pbt is already a pain.. but i think it can be compared to a 42-50shield specced tank.
first time in that duel.
I spammed Power Leak allot.. he did never get enough power for the HoT.
2nd try i accidently hit Essence Flames.. (he also gets that "proc" in a duel so i smacked my self up with that 100~ dmg proc :< (tobad))
because of that, he did get a HoT in.. and we both got to 10% hp

And no.. dont call a celt warden with only 1900~ hp op'd.
(i was fully buffed tho. as always ;)

And Brokeninfil "Used" to play well. and i think he still does

or shall i bring my NS out again. prolly covered in spiderwebs by now :p

Ashton

Loyal Freddie
RS|Phil said:
Just cap it at 350 and disallow access.

I gather from above you're a RR2L4 infil? That's the kind of player that's spoiled Thid for the casual leveller - too many people play Thid full time now making it a difficult for someone to just pop in emerald gear and have a fair fight.

Personally, I played till I get 25 RP and levelled out because of that.
oO
nah 2L0. i cant play 24/7 so i aint got loads of 50's and am in a smallish guild so dont go ''proper'' RvR much. I play thid to have fun, its a game after all and everyone should be playing to have fun.

If someone popped into thid in emerald gear they'd be killed by any infil with sc regardless whether or not they are RR1 or RR2. I've escaped fg's a few times with vanish which i have ''earned'' by trebbing etc in NF. The game allows me to do so and i take advantage of that just like anyone else can :)

Kalidur

Fledgling Freddie
maybe they should rescale the vamp spells a little, the HoT they get at 22 be taken to 25 and the one at 38 moved upto 45,

maybe the claws scaled a little aswell with the end drain just to make them on par in the BG and still hold there value at 50

liloe

It's my birthday today!
Ashton said:
I still don't really get why you're whining tbh, because u died? Because i didnt on that occasion? Because i used the inside of ck to escape enemys when i was low on hits? Because i used the kinda common hit and run tactics when i was outnumbered?

/afk lunch :D

mmm...forget it tbh, I was a bit upset cause it happened often enough that night to me, people porting inside keep at 5% health, getting zerged by dem mids, Warlocks snaring me and running away, Skalds insta mezzing and running.

When I whine I'm mostly in crap mood cause smth happened ( it doesn't happen often =) ). I hope you didn't take gimp as insult, it was not meant personal but playstyle dependend.

And no, nothing wrong with getting helped when 3 ppl attack you, or maybe I just mixed up the 2 fights, I should run fraps again =)

And Mistify, Vamps can pop the ML that gives +60% end use, try using your BM styles then, it's gonna be tough. They can also run from you after you spammed 1 style, they will have more endurance, run 30sec, use powerbolt, then do parry buff, it's gonna be fun then when both parry a lot. Or if they make you fumble you won't get in your BM styles and waste lots of endu on them.

Anyways, I'm off this post, except if you wanna talk to me by quoting or smth =)

Dorimor1

Banned
Titan Moist said:
this thread sucks, just looks like your fishing for compliments...

Picked this up from another thread as I felt it would make a huge example of you. You feel you are so important that you had to make 2 threads not only does this show how much of a sad hypocrit you are but the fact that you HAD to tell of your epic tale how you ran around thid with a FoTM grp killing everything, OMG gratz u'r soo powerful y00 thid legend! :worthy: :worthy:

<cough>:wanker:<cough>

Ashton

Loyal Freddie
ok nps :)
liloe said:
I'm off this post, except if you wanna talk to me by quoting or smth =)
nah i wont quote u anymore i promise...

...damn :p

Devilseye

Fledgling Freddie
liloe said:
And Mistify, Vamps can pop the ML that gives +60% end use, try using your BM styles then, it's gonna be tough. They can also run from you after you spammed 1 style, they will have more endurance, run 30sec, use powerbolt, then do parry buff, it's gonna be fun then when both parry a lot. Or if they make you fumble you won't get in your BM styles and waste lots of endu on them.

Anyways, I'm off this post, except if you wanna talk to me by quoting or smth =)
true.
and about the running.
i have my own end regen (insta. same as friar) i can sprint longer than he can. and he has a 10sec "out-of-combat" timer for power tab(also a 30sec recast timer).. /em throws a weapon @ him ;)

and about the fumble.. will hurt.. thats true
But then again i can spam power leak allot (30% end reduction. and and tireless is a nice combo :))
Dont think he can cast 48% fumble (right?) with only 1 power tab.
but yeah if he can.. i'm fecked i think
Tobad i cant do essence flames in a duel. since he will get the effect aswell.

and that i cant cast TWF or Grapple in a duel. since it breaks the duel :<

GrafenburgMerc

Fledgling Freddie
Ashton said:
Defending keep = killing enemys inside that keep. Didn't say it was in danger of being taken obviously not, but why were u there then? Because there was enemy there that u could fight... snap, that and the fact i was repairing the door.

Awwwww thanx. And FYI they're level 26 Mithril Dirks dyed with crimson weapon luster, LGM's look totally different (they have the hand guard things and are a brighter red) and will appear to u as 'stiletto' or 'rapier' on system bar.

Aye i remember, but u cant exactly say u ''tore me a new one'' when u was the one who died, specially when i missed PA by a long way.

Lets speak the truth here Broken...

You lost and you know it, the fact that you killed me while sitting on a bridge at 10% health means nothing. Fact is you should not be in thid at rr2.

Isus

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom