Hitting a BG near you.. [Bramstoker]

Xoxarle

Fledgling Freddie
GrafenburgMerc said:
Lets speak the truth here Broken...

You lost and you know it, the fact that you killed me while sitting on a bridge at 10% health means nothing. Fact is you should not be in thid at rr2.

Isus

Why shouldn't he?

Everyone can do it, its not breaking any rules, and is a way to gain an edge.
Its no way different from fully spellcrafting a thid char or owning a thid buffbot...

liloe

It's my birthday today!
Devilseye said:
true.
and about the running.
i have my own end regen (insta. same as friar) i can sprint longer than he can. and he has a 10sec "out-of-combat" timer for power tab(also a 30sec recast timer).. /em throws a weapon @ him ;)

and about the fumble.. will hurt.. thats true
But then again i can spam power leak allot (30% end reduction. and and tireless is a nice combo :))
Dont think he can cast 48% fumble (right?) with only 1 power tab.
but yeah if he can.. i'm fecked i think
Tobad i cant do essence flames in a duel. since he will get the effect aswell.

and that i cant cast TWF or Grapple in a duel. since it breaks the duel :<

problem is, that if you take RR into account a Vamp will be able to charge out of TWF and such and get away from you without needing to use end, he will also be able to IP or use RR5 ability which will return mana to him quickly. Also don't forget that vamps hit very fast, so pbt won't help you so much in that case. And his claws are not absorbed by pbt ofc =)

WullieTheRed

Loyal Freddie
I dont think Vamps are OP in thid at all, true they are a strong class, but thats only if the guy knows how to play. As has already been mentioned, if you have 2+ guys on you hitting for reasonable damage, then your HoT is useless. You also wear leather armor and hit with one weapon. With no shield. True, you can cast spells etc, like HoT and that nasty claw, but you actually need to bring your pow up first to be able to do that. These things are easily taken away from the vamp if the enemy knows what he is doing. Of course some enemies out there are a bit fooked should they encounter a vamp, but then aren't most tanks a bit fooked should they encounter a caster solo? I must say though, the whinge is funnie. Who was it that said the only people who say vamps aren't OP are the ones with vamps? Maybe thats because we're the ones who play them and know what they can do. If we're gonna talk OP, then my shade and ranger I took thru bg were defo more OP than the vamp I took there.
All good fun n games :D

Amel

Fledgling Freddie
lol cant believe the amount of people here saying vamps arent OP cos they cant win a 2v1 sometimes... its not the case :p the reason they are so OP is cos they can beat almost any class ONE ON ONE if they know what theyre doing

I mean jeese guys... read the posts from other vamps, more vamp players admit the class is OP than say it isnt

Devilseye

Fledgling Freddie
hmm thats 100% true Liloe ;) glad there arent rr5 vamps on this server yet :p

Amel said:
lol cant believe the amount of people here saying vamps arent OP cos they cant win a 2v1 sometimes... its not the case :p the reason they are so OP is cos they can beat almost any class ONE ON ONE if they know what theyre doing

I mean jeese guys... read the posts from other vamps, more vamp players admit the class is OP than say it isnt
Vamps are OP'd in BG1..
And wheres your lvl50 in the sig? You havent met 1 @ lvl 50 yet. so you cant say their OP'd @ 50.

Its just a stealther killer and some mages (scouts/hunters can kill them with ease from a nice range)
Buffed tank vs Vampiir = default win for the tank (unless the vamp is realy high RR, but that will take a while ;))

Kais

Banned
how does a unbuffed toon fare against a vamp in similar gear ?, i'm guessing it gets a new arsehole torn. Thats balance indeed.

Devilseye

Fledgling Freddie
Kais said:
how does a unbuffed toon fare against a vamp in similar gear ?, i'm guessing it gets a new arsehole torn. Thats balance indeed.
Vampiirs are always buffed (passive tho)

but my Shar Vampiir had... 904hp in thid (bit of +cons +hp stats from catacombs items)

leveled him to 30 on mobs in thid.. and had 1200hp... :p

Tobad those mids had to camp my body (To prevent rezzes).

was fun tho..
lvl 20s con grey
lvl 24s con green :p

but still my dmg didnt improve.. well maybe my to-hit bonus
But A) cant spec more pierce (no trainers in BG1)
and B).. i dont have any base spells.. so couldnt improve dmg on claw either

was fun tho :)

GrafenburgMerc

Fledgling Freddie
Xoxarle said:
Why shouldn't he?

Everyone can do it, its not breaking any rules, and is a way to gain an edge.
Its no way different from fully spellcrafting a thid char or owning a thid buffbot...

The RP cap in thid is 350 for a reason...

Gaining rp's out of thid and returning is imho an exploit and should be stopped.

You cant even compare this to spellcrafting armour, sorry.

Isus - 24 Celt Vamp, ooops capped out @ 350 RP's (no I wont be getting rr2 and coming back)
Ishdar - Shar Vamp in the making

Outlander

Part of the furniture
Devilseye said:
hmm thats 100% true Liloe ;) glad there arent rr5 vamps on this server yet :p

Vamps are OP'd in BG1..
And wheres your lvl50 in the sig? You havent met 1 @ lvl 50 yet. so you cant say their OP'd @ 50.

Its just a stealther killer and some mages (scouts/hunters can kill them with ease from a nice range)
Buffed tank vs Vampiir = default win for the tank (unless the vamp is realy high RR, but that will take a while ;))

gotta agree there, fought a fair few vamps with my chars on pryd/alb and beat them, was using either my infil or wiz at the time, didnt seem too tough when knowing how to beat them. Leveling my own vamp on hib/excal and yea see why people shout OP at bg levels what with the hot and passive buffs etc but have found that higher they get the more even they get, yet to try my own at 50 but atm see it becoming pretty tough against tanks/casters. Anywho its just from what Ive seen so far and the fights Ive had against them myself in rvr, I do see a few things that they should probably change with the vamp to lower there utility more than anything but really dont see the great need for the major nerf alot seem to think it needs.

liloe

It's my birthday today!
in response to Mistify =)) I think Vamps at RR5+ will get really hard to kill. It's not cause of the HoT or smth like that, I guess at such RR you can respec other lines, which give you other nice toons to make other classes useless versus you. We'll see though, how they do then =)

haoth

Fledgling Freddie
Kais said:

i have destroyd vamps in leirvik unbufed when i got drop on them.
last nigth i dueled a vamp named Famelton 2 times first time i kill him with 10% healt left the 2 time he won with 10%-15% healt left and that where a duel so could not use dd mezz dd since he faced me and interupted.

Danamyr

Fledgling Freddie
haoth said:
...and that where a duel so could not use dd mezz dd since he faced me and interupted.

Why didn't you just insta stun then DD DD and then Mez?

haoth

Fledgling Freddie
Danamyr said:
Why didn't you just insta stun then DD DD and then Mez?

more dmg to mele while stuned than to dd stunn mezz dd melee only have a green con flute so my mezz dont last so long that stun imunety timer drops
:(

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom