Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --- The movie

Whipped

Part of the furniture
Please don't suck! Please don't suck! Please don't suck! Please don't suck! Please don't suck! Please don't suck! Please don't suck! Please don't suck! Please don't suck! Please don't suck! Please don't suck! Please don't suck! Please don't suck! Please don't suck! Please don't suck! Please don't suck! Please don't suck! Please don't suck! Please don't suck! Please don't suck! Please don't suck! Please don't suck!

ReActor

Fledgling Freddie
Whipped said:
Please don't suck! Please don't suck! Please don't suck! Please don't suck! Please don't suck! Please don't suck! Please don't suck! Please don't suck! Please don't suck! Please don't suck! Please don't suck! Please don't suck! Please don't suck! Please don't suck! Please don't suck! Please don't suck! Please don't suck! Please don't suck! Please don't suck! Please don't suck! Please don't suck! Please don't suck!

My sentiments exactly.

Doh_boy

Part of the furniture
Whipped said:
Don't Panic

Well I had to.

dysfunction

FH is my second home
Can't wait! Can't wait! Can't wait! Can't wait! Can't wait! Can't wait! Can't wait!

mank!

Part of the furniture
Whipped said:
Spot on.

I like the idea of Bill Nighy as Slartibartfast though. Be interesting to see how it turns out as the TV show looks quite dated but I won't get used to anyone else playing Arthur.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
mank said:
Spot on.

I like the idea of Bill Nighy as Slartibartfast though. Be interesting to see how it turns out as the TV show looks quite dated but I won't get used to anyone else playing Arthur.

Funnily enough, if he was a bit younger I think Bill Nighy would make a great Zaphod. Martin Freeman's a good choice; he can actually act too - he was very good in that Charles II thing.

ReActor

Fledgling Freddie
mank said:
Spot on.

It looks hopelessly dated, ugly, generally lame and totally crap. The only things they got right in the TV series were Arthur (thankfully played by Simon Jones, the same guy as in the radio series) and the Guide itself. The film could turn out worse than Dungeons and Dragons and still be 10 times better than the TV series.

sibanac

Fledgling Freddie
ReActor said:
It looks hopelessly dated, ugly, generally lame and totally crap. The only things they got right in the TV series were Arthur (thankfully played by Simon Jones, the same guy as in the radio series) and the Guide itself. The film could turn out worse than Dungeons and Dragons and still be 10 times better than the TV series.

Of course if looks dated, it was made as a low budget tv serrie in 1982.
Its still extreemly funny.

xane

Fledgling Freddie
throdgrain said:
The TV series was great.

Seconded (from someone with autographed books, and the radio series on CD).

sibanac

Fledgling Freddie
"It's a really good script. It's really, really faithful to the book.

Thats kinde a shame, the radio serrie, the books and the tv serrie all had widely diffrent scripts.
But then again withdout the big man still around they would most probably have screwed it up anyway.

BTW anyone heard any news about the fillming of 'good omens' ?

Doh_boy

Part of the furniture
Well the last I heard Terry was sure it wasn't going to happen and neil wasn't sure but in an optimistic way. :)

Cthulhu

Fledgling Freddie
Sure the tv original looks dated, Blake 7 effects and all.
Still funny as hell though.

Jonaldo

Can't get enough of FH
[Hollywood prick]
Needs a good strong American in the lead role, Tom Cruise or Harrison Ford, otherwise it won't sell as many tickets/copies.
[/Hollywood prick]

Well we can only wait and see, and hope it turns out ok :)

Wij

I am a FH squatter
The TV series was brill. Bad effects are part of the charm.

fatbusinessman

Fledgling Freddie
I'm thinking that bit of casting could go either way: it could work really well, or it could just plain suck.
Sam Rockwell as Zaphod has plenty of potential though :)

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
I know the book is supposed to be ace. I know the TV series was supposed to make you feel amused, warm and fuzzy all at the same time....

...but I've never read or watched it....

I'm not proud. I'm just wallowing in my individuality.

mank!

Part of the furniture
Scouse said:
I know the book is supposed to be ace. I know the TV series was supposed to make you feel amused, warm and fuzzy all at the same time....

...but I've never read or watched it....

I'm not proud. I'm just wallowing in my individuality.

You fool! Go forth and buy!

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
A m8's got all 5 books in one big hardback version.. I shall borrow at some point. :)

mank!

Part of the furniture
Scouse said:
A m8's got all 5 books in one big hardback version.. I shall borrow at some point. :)

You won't regret it!

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Scouse said:

You've not read them already ???

Can someone get DBs to write a script so that when Scouse presses the 'Post Reply' button it says 'Please do not press this button again' ?

dysfunction

FH is my second home
Apparantly they are starting the filming this in the next month or two...so its going to be a while yet before we get to see it!

Summo

Loyal Freddie
I really want Sam Rockwell to be Ford Prefect. :(

Also, if this had to be an all-American cast (and thank God it isn't) I'd like to see William H Macey as Arthur Dent. And Phillip Seymor Hoffman as Zaphod.

edit: Ooh! Just noticed on IMDB that Sam Rockwell will be Zaphod! Coolio!

edit: Also, just stepped on FatBusinessman's toes. Sorry. :)

Doh_boy

Part of the furniture
Just an update I've seen, apparently John Malkovich is in it as well (as some cult leader) and Bill Nighy is slartybartfast.

Whipped

Part of the furniture
Willow offgood as Marvin!!! :)

Will they jam him in the suit and make him control it like a giant Mec. That would be cool ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom