hit points per constitution point?

• Thread starter old.Krogar_Thane
  • Start date
O

old.Krogar_Thane

ahh, once again, here i am, with a question for the most knowledable forumites the world has ever known. allegedly.

I am tinkering with my spell craft template, and the question has arisen indirectly.

How many hit points, does a character recieve per constitution?

Is it a flat rate? a sliding scale? is it race dependant or class dependant or anything like that?

For your info i am a Dwarf Runemaster soon to ding 50, i am hoping to include +199 hits and 75 constitution amongst my armor and items.

So what i want to know is...how many hit points do i get for that 75 constitution?

can anybody gimme a cold hard figure, or a website, or both?

I thank you heartily in advance!

:clap: :clap: :clap:

B

Belsameth

there's been a fairly elaborate threat on the subject a few weeks ago (or was it months?) I can only suggest to do a search.

as far as I can remember tho, it's unknown how much you'll gain per Con point, since it depends on Class/Race/level/colour of your helmet/anything else you might be able to think of.
either that, or I'm totally wrong (which I often am :p) and you're still better off with a search

O

old.Krogar_Thane

how do i search for a thread?

^

O

old.Krogar_Thane

umm...never mind!

ill use the search button shall i?

yes, yes...i shall!

thanx! ill check it out.

:clap:

F

Flimgoblin

last I checked I got 8 hp back every second point of constitution...

whether that's constant or not I have no idea.

F

Flimgoblin

Originally posted by old.Hardbein
1con = 4hp, afaik

aye but it doesn't update as single points (I regen one con - hp stay the same - I regen a second one, hp jump up by 8)

O

old.Krogar_Thane

my investigations...

have uncovered the general consensus is that...

pure tanks get 4hp per point of constitution
hybrids get in the region of 3 ish per point of constitution

however i have been unable anywhere to locate the figure for caster types.

im hazarding a guess at 1hp per con point, or close to that. anyway, lets assume that for arguments sake.

as my original post has stated......im tinkering with my spell crafted armor....and im hoping to have a runie that can survive a couple of hits from a melee class (discounting some kind of uberzerk critical).

anyways...my template still needs rejigging, but the current total of hitpoints for my runemaster is floating in the 1200 hp range, which isnt too shabby for a caster.

"You are doing it all wrong if you are getting hit! you fool!" i can hear you all shout, but for some unknown reason, my white bearded, eye patching wearing bolter of death seems to draw tanks to him like flies to shit, so with a nice bulky chunk of health points and an elixir of health in my quickbar, im hoping to give time to my team to get those nasty tanks before i drop to the floor with a punctured head.

anyway, its all fun, this spell crafting lark aint it??!?!

thanks for any and all replies.

O

old.Hardbein

So is that ^^ a display bug or another tweaking possiblity for the most hardcore SCers? :p

If u have an uneven number of CON-cap, then dont bother caping CON all the way. Place points in CON as high as possible, as long a its an even number :p

Just my 2 cents.....lets start a discussion here :)

A

Apathy

See, that's really odd because when I buy back con on my sorcerer...I get 6hp per con. And the HP total goes up with each point I buy.

I wouldn't worry about the amount of HP per CON. I would just bear in mind that maximum +CON = level x 1.5 i.e. 75 at 50.

Resists = lvl/2 +1 = 26% at 50
Skills = lvl/5 + 1 = 11 at 50
Hits = lvl x 4 = 200 at 50

a.

T

Tranquil-

Also you get less hp per con point the higher you get. There is no fixed amount of hp you get. Depends on several things.

O

old.Krogar_Thane

well ok....

this is leading on to some very interesting thoughts and discussions.

ok, here is my quandary.

i am playing a Dwarf runemaster on Camlann. he is currently 48.5 ok....so obviously im talking about him at 50.

I have a full suit of 99% cloth in my vault, ready for a friend to do her evil dark spell crafting juju magic, and i have been tinkering, and tinkering, and tinkering, and tinke...(you get the idea) with my SC template.

i have nice items, which give me a good basis to work off....the fact is that a MP set of cloth is out of the question, just too damn expensive...so i have to make the best of the 99% i have...im currently looking at overcharing 31/28 on each piece.....(i can handle a couple of explosions - since A) she has SC over 800 and it should be kept to a minimum, and B) buying back the 99% pieces that do explode (if any) will not break the bank, or my heart).

but UGHHHHhhh!

hitting those caps is damn hard, for a caster, we only use one slot, the 2h staff slot...and mine is a nice drop, i dont want a crafted one.

so my thoughts are con and hits maxed out....giving me as much chance to survive those short, brutal fights which are prevelant on Camlann.....power is not an issue for the same reason, i will be dead or my enemies will be toasted marshmallows long before i run out of power.

Now! the final spanner in the works is that i read that piety gives me damage, on a sliding scale, now we all know damage is good.

hmmm....decisions, decisions.

just not enough imbue points to hit 26% resists in all, and get capped

dex - for cast time
con - for hp
hits - for hp
piety - for damage

at present i have managed capped resists, dex, con and hits...and piety is way short by about 50 points.

does any1 have any views on this, since all the searches i made about SC templates in all the other threads rarely mention casters. and never mention runemasters.

piety> dex ?
dex > con ?
con > piety ?
resists > con ?
beer > pie ?
pie > sex ?
etc > etc ?

your views are appreciated!

S

Solid

Ignoring Toughness RA, hp for Midgard is as follows FOR LEVEL 50 CHARS ONLY:

Robed Casters (RM/SM) 3.2hp per Con
Hunter/Thane/Skald/Shaman/Healer - 3.6hp per Con
Shadowblade - 3.8hp per Con
Beserker/Warrior - 4.0hp per Con

The value of hp per con is level dependant and at levels lower than 50 the hp per con for each of the classes is on a sliding scale according to the char level. Noone really worries about lower level hp per con unless its a 24 BG twink as end game is where most tinkering with items comes into play.

Hope that helps

O

old.Krogar_Thane

that my friendly thane...

...is the most complete, exceptionally helpful answer i could ever need.

where did you get this info btw? because i really hunted and hunted for it!

thanx man!

O

old.Krogar_Thane

^^

im looking at 1411 hp with my level 50 runemaster.

yum!

M

mabs0r

just to confuse people

isnt CON<->HP on a sliding scale ?

u get class/level/race/wtf-ever
but also it varies on con ?

so CON of 0->50 u get , say, 4hp per con
then con 50->100 u get , say, 5hp per con...

u get the idea....

oh and for the record, i think infils get 1hp per 2 con points :|

S

Solid

Krogat_Thane, 1411hp on a runie, I dont think so buddy :D 1150 maybe but nowhere near 1400

T

Tranquil-

Exactly why I said there was a diminishing return the higher you get.

O

old.Krogar_Thane

Solid

i have 950 now. without any of my spell crafted armor.

my spell craft template includes 75 con and +199 hits.

if your assertion of 3. something points per con pt is anywhere close....then it will be closer to 1400 than 1150.

however i cant tell you the final figure before i get it crafted, watch this space.

regards all and thanks for the advice and answers.

S

Solid

Hmm I may have overstated the hp per con for pure casters in that case. I dont know any caster with more than 1300hp unbuffed so it may well be 2.X hp per con, but I know the hybrid/tank figures are correct.

O

old.Krogar_Thane

ok....like i say....

have to wait and see for final spec before i can give you the figures.

wow, that would be kinda nice if i was the most healthy runemaster of all time though.

:-P

ok.....now i have another question for you chaps, see the other thread please!

Users who are viewing this thread