High server side latency...

Lorfo

Loyal Freddie
Should send a mail to mythic and demand a proper company to host the daoc server.
Constant lag on all english servers and no ingame support etc etc.

Libertine

One of Freddy's beloved
Lag has been appauling the last week and a bit and today its terrible. Its really poor that a company who runs an online game can struggle to keep the servers lag free for more than a few days.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
its been laggy for nearly a year now, goa have had hundreds (at least) of ping plots nothing is getting done, surely its in thier best interest to find where the problem(s) are and get them fixed, or dont french companies bother providing a good service to their customers (opentransit's service to goa that is) at the end of the day rvr is pretty much un-playable atm, pve pretty bad too, its turning people off playing the game. Fix it or arrange for it to be fixed or relocate to a country that uses modern day equipment, not one that clearly is way behind the times.

prodical

Fledgling Freddie
Raven said:
its been laggy for nearly a year now, goa have had hundreds (at least) of ping plots nothing is getting done, surely its in thier best interest to find where the problem(s) are and get them fixed, or dont french companies bother providing a good service to their customers (opentransit's service to goa that is) at the end of the day rvr is pretty much un-playable atm, pve pretty bad too, its turning people off playing the game. Fix it or arrange for it to be fixed or relocate to a country that uses modern day equipment, not one that clearly is way behind the times.

as he said. if u cant rvr and a simple task like scroll farming is now hard too do with this lag y bother.

btw are we gona get a reply too this thread from someone who knows wats going on?

flinter

Fledgling Freddie
I wonder why we don't get some statement from GOA, I mean how is it possible that they just CANT FIND the problem?

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
the game is unplayable yet again tonight :m00: if the lag is still around when it comes to paying the subs for my 3 accounts i will just cancel them, not paying if i cant even play, i think everyone should do that tbh, its the only way they will take thier heads out of the sand and fix it.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
spend half an hour getting to darkspire because bb unsticks due to lag every 10 seconds, pull a mob red bars dead, waste of fucking time. enough excuses now, get it damn well fixed. You are part of the same group, in the UK it would be fixed in days, why not in France?

elbeek

Part of the furniture
I am on the verge of cancelling both my accounts. This lag is total BS.

siaka

Banned
Raven said:
spend half an hour getting to darkspire because bb unsticks due to lag every 10 seconds, pull a mob red bars dead, waste of fucking time. enough excuses now, get it damn well fixed. You are part of the same group, in the UK it would be fixed in days, why not in France?

they are le tired :<

Riddcully

Fledgling Freddie
It's because the French like to shaft the English at every given oppertunity :(

Cadiva

Part of the furniture
I don't usually get lag even when other people are suffering it and yet this past two weeks have been horrendous with 5 to 10 second lock-ups.

As I've never had a problem with lag and nothing's changed on my computer I can only summise that it's originating at the GoA end of things.

Would be really nice to just get some kind of statement on what the hell is going on with it as it's really bad on both Excalibur and Prydwen.

Kelan

Fledgling Freddie
Dont hold your breath with them releasing any info about lag etc you might end up a bit on the dead side :(

Ssera

Fledgling Freddie
Hmm it's top news item on the goa homepage: http://daoc.goa.com/en/

and just in case you can't see it here's the link for it directly:

http://daoc.goa.com/news/view_news.php3?id_article=3171

or even better the actual message:

GOA News said:
[18-05-2005] Maintenance on routers tomorrow morning

Tomorrow morning, May 19th starting at approximately 6h30, some maintenance will be performed on the entrance point into our network. Several routers will be updated and our network traffic will be given a higher priority.

The purpose of these updates is to solve the recent latency problems a lot of you have experienced. During the work you may experience connection problems.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom