Hibs are not dead !

Blackchaos

Fledgling Freddie
Hehe just wanted to say hibs did a good job at leirvik yesterday :) took few towers and ck!God job hibs, showed those albs ^^(ranger blackcahoz).Just made this thread to show hibs are still at, it in that bg atleast ;)

Jpeg[LOD]

Fledgling Freddie
Coldbeard said:
taking leirvik ck is just lovely exp :D

how much exp for taking ck in leirvik ?

p.s also can the exp for taking it be gotten continuously.?

Jayce

Fledgling Freddie
Jpeg[LOD] said:

Not sure but previous bgs are about 3 bubbles.

Jpeg[LOD] said:

No, only once.

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
Jpeg[LOD] said:

nearly 3.5 bubs.

once per level.

Now I'm upset. Hibs are back and I leveled my scout up 2 days ago in SI zones :mad:. Would have been perfect to do the last bit of xp in Leirvik then take CK and see if you get any xp for it.

Got a Mincer in Molvik called Bullet, having great fun there when I can.

Coldbeard

Part of the furniture
aye , 3 bubs and you can do it each level, Did it like 3 times on druid :D

Jucklo

Fledgling Freddie
And it doesn't even have to be your realm taking the keep, I had my char hidden inside a tower of the Molvik ck when mids took the keep from albs once and I got full reward. So easy exp for any stealthers I guess :p

Blackchaos

Fledgling Freddie
lol aye once mids took ck and i was inside aswell... fast 3 bubs for nothing :cheers:

Sanzor

Fledgling Freddie
Hawkwind said:
nearly 3.5 bubs.

once per level.

Now I'm upset. Hibs are back and I leveled my scout up 2 days ago in SI zones :mad:. Would have been perfect to do the last bit of xp in Leirvik then take CK and see if you get any xp for it.

Got a Mincer in Molvik called Bullet, having great fun there when I can.

No wonder as your lvling a scout. Have a hunter and sb myself at 43 and 42, and its impossible to travel around alone in leirvik with my stealthers, due to albs being anywhere. Not to mention the ubah hard hitting scouts. Cba to walk in there for quite a while. Just getting farmed -_-

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
Sanzor said:
No wonder as your lvling a scout. Have a hunter and sb myself at 43 and 42, and its impossible to travel around alone in leirvik with my stealthers, due to albs being anywhere. Not to mention the ubah hard hitting scouts. Cba to walk in there for quite a while. Just getting farmed -_-
I would agree scout dmg is high. Although saying that I have been single shoted by a Hunter as a 50 buffed inf at AMG Emain.

In Leirvik any scout will beat you easy bow v bow but in melee range we plain suck. Even buffed I could barely manage 70-80 dmg on a SB. Usually had to run or die.

The most I ever got hit for by a ranger/hunter was 448 (from memory) and I suspect that had a nice crit attached. Normal hits were in the region of 100-200. Do all rangers just use quickshot? Arrows come fast but dmg sux, as low as 60 sometimes. At bow spec to level a lvl 44 Scout can easily do 600+ dmg a. I single shoted a lot of mid/hib casters and a couple of rangers with critshots.

My scout was Marricus btw hope I did not farm you...too much :). Good luck next time you go in there.

Regnorm

Fledgling Freddie
Hawkwind said:
I would agree scout dmg is high. Although saying that I have been single shoted by a Hunter as a 50 buffed inf at AMG Emain.

In Leirvik any scout will beat you easy bow v bow but in melee range we plain suck. Even buffed I could barely manage 70-80 dmg on a SB. Usually had to run or die.

The most I ever got hit for by a ranger/hunter was 448 (from memory) and I suspect that had a nice crit attached. Normal hits were in the region of 100-200. Do all rangers just use quickshot? Arrows come fast but dmg sux, as low as 60 sometimes. At bow spec to level a lvl 44 Scout can easily do 600+ dmg a. I single shoted a lot of mid/hib casters and a couple of rangers with critshots.

My scout was Marricus btw hope I did not farm you...too much :). Good luck next time you go in there.

Scout has longbow, witch explains the dmg.
Scout got shield in melee combat, with that you can easy stun/run away, restealth.
And btw, im sorry i can't believe you in that you've been one shotted as a lvl 50 infil fully buffed, when you say yourself: 'The most I ever got hit for by a ranger/hunter was 448 (from memory)', witch explains you should have less than 448 hit points, aka lvl 20 or less. :)

Blackchaos

Fledgling Freddie
my ranger has capped dex or or maybe 1 or 2 missing but.. (44+10bow) atm if fully buffed i can do some hard dmg with my mp bow aswelll ^^so scouts aint only thing mids got to worry about, sad im 0.8 away from 45 though :wij:

Sanzor

Fledgling Freddie
Scouts don´t suck in melee...stop saying that stuff. Its just as obvious as albs playing a sorc, don´t think the class is a bit retarded. In Leirvik hunters can barely compete with scouts.

First of all they have shield to block arrows, better range, more damage.

Second...im not buffed. Its sad how many people wanna be buffed in bgs these days, just to pwn -_-

Third, i might be able to chop down a scout in last bg, but the chance of finding one solo = 1%
Bloody annoying with the amounts of albs pop when you start hacking away. Either you just cba to solo, or everyone is just damn rp hungry :(

Doubt i´ll take a step in most bgs anymore. Alb population is sick + relics = easy mode atm.

Sigh :(

Sanzor

Fledgling Freddie
Blackchaos said:
my ranger has capped dex or or maybe 1 or 2 missing but.. (44+10bow) atm if fully buffed i can do some hard dmg with my mp bow aswelll ^^so scouts aint only thing mids got to worry about, sad im 0.8 away from 45 though :wij:

Kinda remembered when i was taking a small step into Leirvik and found you shooting at me. Wtf i said and went to get you. Just to release later, as you were grped with a NS. Both of you being buffed....cute..

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
/wave :)

did you realise my inconnu with a crossbow was an armsman btw?

Blackchaos

Fledgling Freddie
yeh :) but the first time i meele fighted you i wasned buffed ^^I was soloing all the time in leirvik when we took ck but just happens that other hibs were around also and we had cg =) but maybe sanz u mean some other day not sure ;)

microhard

Fledgling Freddie
u dudes see that yesterday.........was out bg1 yesterday with my luri spear hero and was runnin with 3 or 4 rl m8s and evreytime we would use our route we would run into a mid guild group mostly mages and they are the ownage ..... just in case ye run into them they are very good at breakin up in battle so an aoe is nearly inpossible .... they are very good...i did kill 3 or 4 but that aint nothin espeaccialy 4 the fact that there is about 2fgs og them
:flame: :flame: :flame: :flame: :

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
Sanzor said:
Scouts don´t suck in melee...stop saying that stuff. Its just as obvious as albs playing a sorc, don´t think the class is a bit retarded. In Leirvik hunters can barely compete with scouts.

First of all they have shield to block arrows, better range, more damage. /QUOTE]

I'm not asking for a Mythic nerf or some scout loving. Scouts are good chars and yes compared to ranger they rock! As far as melee goes if you spec high shield for slam (42) and have 50 Bow, you only have 18 or so points left for thrust/slash so your gonna hit for crap dmg. 45 bow is an option but at lower RR I think its better to go full sniper spec. Just personal view and I know alot of people would say otherwise.

Hunter has more utility with the pet line and do uber dmg with the spear. Yes, I know they have to cut down on bow dmg to get these spec lines up. But, having been hit (Inf) in RvR for 500+ then melee for 250-300 a swing by hunters I think they get a good deal. Again, personal opinion and thats probably more about play style than the chars. I prefer to be up near the front and not sat behind a tower wall. Hence I get killed alot. Still I enjoy it and don't mind the deaths. Its part of the game.

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
Sanzor said:
Fair enough, I have a scout and I am going 50 Bow 42 Shield 18 Thrust. So as far as melee dmg goes I will suck. Don't think you can argue with that. Its a spec issue, I know but I want 50 bow and Slam at low RR. maybe i'll respec at RR5. Did not say the class was retarded, would not have lvl'd to 45 if I had thought that at all.

I play chars in BG's then lvl the ones I like playing. I dont have a 50 sorc and only played a 24 mind one in Thid, great fun btw ;).

Have fun and enjoy Leirvik. Hope you meet some solo chars to slay :)

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
a ranger has dual wield - that means they have half the chance to be blocked or evaded. With no spec at all into the line they get that...

With shield you spec 42 points for an ok chance to block, the evil anti-archer tool (engage) and slam, a style which outright misses 15% of the time and faces the full level of evade/parry/block/whatever on your opponent....

It's great when it lands - just landing it is far from certain.

Remove shields from scouts and you have a ranger without the buff line and without the CD line ;) you have a hunter with no pet, no self buffs and a 1h sword (lower damage from no 2h bonus). Don't forget the ranger/hunter speed shout - it may not be the most uber thing in the world but it lets you get away from some enemies.

Scouts are dangerous because we have 3 strength relics, that's it.

Unfortunately my scout only has range 1500 and can't stealth :( he does have platemail and a polearm to make up for it though :)

seeph

Fledgling Freddie
Scouts are dangerous because we have 3 strength relics, that's it.

As far as i know Strength relics do NOT influence Bow damage

and thats where scout's are strong and dangerous. +200 range and +0.5 on the slowest bow makes for a BIIIG difference (hunter point of view)

and with range bonus 10% that 2200 becomes 2420 against mid 2000-2200

18 slash +3str relics still is lousy meleedamage.

and Albs soloing is a myth, it doesnt happen, there is no zone big enough for that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom