Hibrid pally ( with BG )- Opinions please

Kinetix

Can't get enough of FH
<Briton>

With the upcoming patch ive been thinking of changing pally for a hibrid one.

Some ppl said 46chants 42shield 44slash 17parry or 46 chants 50 shield 39 slash... but somehow it just dosent feel right.

I was thinking if this spec makes any sense...?

46 chants - Celerity
15 thrust - Beartooth 6sec stun after block (yeah i know i have slam)
34 2H - Decent damage and High Atack Speed reduction
42 Shield

Coments please :)

Usura

Fledgling Freddie
you know that your weapon base skill affects your damage ? 13 is too low. even with +skill and rr. your 2h will hit with too high variance.

go 50 2h or 50 shield. you dont need slam, learn to use your positional style chains, they have stun effect too.

as long as albion has this double speccing for 2h and pole, pallys dont have enough points for good hybrid specs.

Golena

Fledgling Freddie
You'll hit like a wet lettuce both using 1 hand and 2 hand. Your thrust skill effects the variance on the 2-hand damage, 15 will mean you'll get massive variance on all your swings.

Either go full 2-handed and scrap shield or go s/s
You can just about get away with hybrid specs at very high RR but you have to drop chants into the 30's to do so, so even then it's not really worth it.

Kinetix

Can't get enough of FH
What about this one then.. ?

50 2H
46 Chants
30 Parry
15 Crush ( Stun 6 sec on 2 hits ) since 2h is mostly positional Behind or side

madman

Fledgling Freddie
you still only have 15 weapon base skill meaning you will still have far to much variance on your attacks

Tosi

Fledgling Freddie
if you want to deal damage with 2h spec on pala, you definetly need 50 base weapon skill. and tbh, with all these damn nice 2h styles, who would need a slam anyway...
and wasn't that last celerity at 44 chants?
atm my pala is 50 2h 37 slash 20 parry 42 chants. autotrained ofc, not enough points otherwise :> next patch will lower slash and parry according to rr and celerity fun ;P

Rellik

Fledgling Freddie
you will be wanting the 46 chants for the last celerity, aswell as 42 shield.

so i whould put
46 Chants
42 Shield
39 2-h (should still be able too do some decent 2-h dmg with celerity)
rest slash/crush/thrust what ever you decide
and whats left from that into parry

Golena

Fledgling Freddie
People really don't seem to be getting it.

On Alb you NEED points in your base damage type. You can go 50 twohanded all you want, without points in the base damage type your going to be doing crap damage.

Rellik said:
46 Chants
42 Shield
39 2-h (should still be able too do some decent 2-h dmg with celerity)

This leaves you with 20 in your base damage tree. Sorry if you think that's going to do even close to decent damage your just kidding yourself. A cleric will probably be doing more damage in melee than you as they have their own damage add.

Kinetix

Can't get enough of FH
so...

46 chants is certain
39 crush/slash/thrust? + 11= 50
44 2H
Parry 19

Gamias

Fledgling Freddie
I think albs cap their swing speed even if they have yellow celerity so no point/need of red. Also if a pala going for a spec with 2h + celerity he has to play offensive with good assist :p cause no point of the 2h and also celerity is 350 radious. Another thing about pallies is that they aint a usual target for enemy tanks especially if the pala plays offensive and not BG, so no need of the red AF self buff too i believe. So my suggestion about a nice spec for hybrid pallies on 1.83 would be:
33 chants
42 shield
50 2h
21 slash/thrust/crush

You get yellow celerity (31% haste), yellow fatigue regen (that is good enough) and yellow AF self buff.

Or you can also drop chants to 32 and loose the yellow AF self buff so you get 23 slash/thrust/crush.

Pirkel

Fledgling Freddie
Gamias said:
I think albs cap their swing speed even if they have yellow celerity so no point/need of red. Also if a pala going for a spec with 2h + celerity he has to play offensive with good assist :p cause no point of the 2h and also celerity is 350 radious. Another thing about pallies is that they aint a usual target for enemy tanks especially if the pala plays offensive and not BG, so no need of the red AF self buff too i believe. So my suggestion about a nice spec for hybrid pallies on 1.83 would be:
33 chants
42 shield
50 2h
21 slash/thrust/crush

You get yellow celerity (31% haste), yellow fatigue regen (that is good enough) and yellow AF self buff.

Or you can also drop chants to 32 and loose the yellow AF self buff so you get 23 slash/thrust/crush.

Well done not reading the thread

21 base damage type in alb means CRAP damage...

My new 2 handed pala is 46 chants, 50 2 handed and 37 slash (not autotrained could be 41 I think with autotrain)

Red celerity will make me hit at 1.6 second swingspeed with celerity and 17% haste from an item so not sure where you get your idea that yellow celerity will make us cap?

But yes the 350 radius means that unless your pala goes on the assist train it's going to be useless.

Manisch Depressiv

Part of the furniture
Please...

50 2H,
34-39 Slash/Thrust/Crush,
46-48 Chants.

Forget the shield and slam. Take two Mercs on assist with celerity or something. Let someone else do slamming Reaver/Armsman). You get super good positionals with stuns/snares from the 2H line and if you want to be Battlemaster, you can still BG in 2H mode!

Pittbull

Loyal Freddie
i agree with manisch.. AND if a pally is a part of an assist train, would u not think 1 merc would be crush? In that case, fuck the shield, as stun from that d00d will be plentyfull..
Pack some dmg in that t00n m8, let 1 merc stop your target, besides that, u have sidestyle stun ad backstyle hinder, so its not like u need positionals with effect now is it :D

Kinetix

Can't get enough of FH
Ok so your saying:

50 2H
46 Chants
35 Slash/Crush/thrust + 11+RR5

But the point is that this spec is a 2h pally spec not a hybrid one wich makes my post useless

Konah

Fledgling Freddie
46 chant, 44 2h, 34 dmg, 23 shield, rest parry 8+ depending on auto or not.

rear snare + insta stun, side stun chain, good dmg, ok defence, retain guard3.

Kinetix

Can't get enough of FH
Konah said:
46 chant, 44 2h, 34 dmg, 23 shield, rest parry 8+ depending on auto or not.

rear snare + insta stun, side stun chain, good dmg, ok defence, retain guard3.

ty mate that sounds more what i was expecting :)

Gamias

Fledgling Freddie
Pirkel said:
Well done not reading the thread

21 base damage type in alb means CRAP damage...

First of all its 21 + 11 + rr. By being hybrid either u get slam which has 9 sec stun and is good and u sucrifice some dmg, or u sacrifice shield and u get at least 36 slash crush thrust and give the points to shield / parry splitted.

Pirkel said:
Red celerity will make me hit at 1.6 second swingspeed with celerity and 17% haste from an item so not sure where you get your idea that yellow celerity will make us cap?

And since red/yellow celerity stucks with haste and there are 20% haste charges i dont see the reason why u use 17% charges. With even semi decent quickness like 230 and champ weapon 5.6 speed u still can get swings with 20% haste charges and yellow celerity of 1.62 sec.

And by the way pala is meant to be mostly a supportive and semi offensive tank its not a pure offensive tank. The main thing is that with yellow celerity the mercs / reavers ( light tanks) will cap their swing speed. Capping in a grp pala the swing will make no big difference.

Smellysox

One of Freddy's beloved
Manisch Depressiv said:
Please...

50 2H,
34-39 Slash/Thrust/Crush,
46-48 Chants.

Forget the shield and slam. Take two Mercs on assist with celerity or something. Let someone else do slamming Reaver/Armsman). You get super good positionals with stuns/snares from the 2H line and if you want to be Battlemaster, you can still BG in 2H mode!
Im going with mani on this one , you really wont need slam if your running with the assist train + output damage ftw <even tho palas cant smack for shit> maybe only 44 chants tho but will wait till patch before seeing whats what .

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom