Hibernians please read

Aran Thule

Fledgling Freddie
Its getting bad and unless we pick up our act its going to get worse.

Then last few days our frontier has been overrun by albs as well as the odd mid group.
I tried last night to organise things but after two hours of frustration and harrassment i had to call it quits, tbh it was like herding cats and banging your head against a brick wall.

We are badly outnumbered so have to all work together or we will just be farmed repeatedly.

I can try to lead but there is no point if noone follows, and too ofter last night people started doing thier own thing or chasing peopl, end result we get split up and die.

I try my best to give information so we can move together with enough time to prepare but when you have 10 groups in /bg and move out to find only 2 groups are with you it kinda defeats the objective.

One of the issues is i dont know who half the people/guilds/groups in excal are, and given that two thirds of pryd/hib have left over the last few months i dont have a core of people i know and can give missions to.

It doesnt help when trying to get infomation you just get a tumbleweed in return, even simple things like siege, i tried to form a /cg to coordinate what we had, end result only myself and one guildy said they had siege, from a large /bg thats very disappointing.

We need to get organised, we need to carry siege and we need to work together, we are fighting an uphill battle and its getting harder each step.
There ar lots of people that work hard for the realm as a whole but without the support of everyone else they will get disheartened and leave, simple things like carrying siege and old staffs/bounty wood help a lot.

I just hope people can be responsive to this and refrain from flaming/spamming here.

Solari

Can't get enough of FH
What can I say other than: "Word!".

What can I say to a post I generally agree with... keep it up and keep your faith. Each time you try you ensure more returning supporters to aid you. I admit there's still a lot of people out there playing their own game, which in my book is their own matter since, however those groups who goes like: "let's go brynja and farm middies" during a RR has no right at all to moan about an eventual relic loss.
As said, keep it up, you have a support in me and I'm sure I'm not the only one.

kiliarien

Part of the furniture
You'll find me and all my guildies helping as much as possible, as a non-rvr guild we're never organised enough to put together a mission group, but we're definitely trying to defend hibland.

I tried to play 2 chars in rvr, using my chanter on main pc and druid as a DI bot last night - I will attempt to carry 3 dim rams on him at all times now if I can to aid the seige situation.

I would like to agree on the seige thing - my 2nd pc is uber laggy with crap fps when it gets crowded so I really couldn't get rams last night, if it was on my main machine I would of. I was also disappointed that those who were near/at crua gorge when the shout came for seige basically ignored it. :eek6:

/salute to those few who did go back and get - I know Spet's group did.

I would like to echo Solari - you'll have more support I'm sure. You have mine (not sure if that's a blessing or curse :p ) Keep on fighting the good fight :clap:

Gahn

Resident Freddy
Another thing i noticed is there aren't dimi siege pieces at all on Merchants.
Pls crafters make some and put it up!

Sharkith

Can't get enough of FH
Hi Aran,

what can I say even though we were very very poor last night your tactic worked. I am finding it really depressing to play with random groups of people who can't stick together. I tried to lead but in the end as a druid I got everyone sandwiched because I was busy healing my group. Thankfully we did get a good person to lead. He is new to Hibbie from Italy and to be honest he was appalled by how badly we played.

We need to start thinking more.

Watching my group evaporate at the sign of an Alb or mid is sad. People need to learn to follow their group leader who really ought to be following the BG leader.

I am going to try and stick at it but my patience is wearing really thin now.

kind regards

Sharkith

Hestethun

Can't get enough of FH
I think its good that u do that work. And im ofc mad on the hibbies that dont follow the orders when u are in bg. Aran do whats good for the realm , and atm our rvr will be poor if we cant stand togheter and get those keeps back. We need those keeps so hope we can orgenise something tonight! time to use all our energy on taking back our lands!

To arms my fellow hibbies!!!!!! We are a strong nation!!!!

Alexandrinus

Fledgling Freddie
what i have to suggest is, prydwen hib has an own ventrilo server and its open for everyone who fights for the realm,learn how to use ventrilo its a huge different in gameplay when you can contact per voice com.

and a big THX to all the people who try to lead a Bg, its tough work, sometimes very frustrating and it really drains out your energy.

and to the people who know's everything better, let the leader lead like they want,in the next night you can try your own luck in leading (if you think you can do better)

Tallen

Fledgling Freddie
It was grim last night, i think a few things didn't help though.

The main problem last night was everytime the BG moved out, it got split, this was initially down to some groups having speed every time. Then you have half the BG getting attacked and the other half either fall back to help, or carry on at mach 5, then wonder where everyone has gone.

/BG listen would be great, I have been on your raids in the past Aran and my guildmates will agree with me that you are a superb leader, too many chiefs and too few indians unfortunately is what kills a BG and a raid. To lead that many players you have to keep constant connunication, 5 minutes of no text causes the BG to fall apart and start following anyone who shows any form of leadership.

I would recommend that all the alliance leaders get together and plan large-scale rvr raids, it's the only way to stop spying and ensure all Hib know when the call to arms is announced.

Aran Thule

Fledgling Freddie
Tallen said:
I would recommend that all the alliance leaders get together and plan large-scale rvr raids, it's the only way to stop spying and ensure all Hib know when the call to arms is announced.

As i mentioned when we first got clustered, i normally post RvR information in the pryd.net secure section.
Also have the guidelines to my MARR's there.

but to see the secure section you have to sign up.
Then go to usercp (top left corner) then group membership then sign up for the secure section (excal or prydwyn) then after one of the mods accepts you you will be able to see it.

Thanks for all the comments, it means a lot, just gets frustrating at times but i dont intend to stop anytime soon.

Hestethun

Can't get enough of FH
Makes me sad that ppl xrealm like shit now! And to those that do it, ur fucking retards, but ofc it will come with when 80 % of excal is ebayed. But i hope some day it will stop and if it dosent stop i think goa should consider that ppl should just be let to play 1 realm not two as some can now. And ofc some will have 2 accs one spying and one on there main realm. So do something about it now goa.

AngelHeal

Part of the furniture
Hestethun said:
Makes me sad that ppl xrealm like shit now! And to those that do it, ur fucking retards, but ofc it will come with when 80 % of excal is ebayed. But i hope some day it will stop and if it dosent stop i think goa should consider that ppl should just be let to play 1 realm not two as some can now. And ofc some will have 2 accs one spying and one on there main realm. So do something about it now goa.

You know better :(. goa will never do that...and if they do.. i really want the stuff i got on alb payed back on hib 4× the value ^^

Meradesh

Fledgling Freddie
with "classic" fever it's hard to find claimers to all the hib towers and harder to find enough guilds to claim towers during an attack to other realm. A system o let little/inactive guilds claim hib towers in a way more populated/active guilds would be free to claim towers/keeps at any decisive moment would be great.
I.e. I'm the only semi-active player at my guild atm, usually can't join any rvr offensive cos of work but could check, let's say a forum, to log in DaoC a minuts and claim with my guild an alrdy claimed tower by an active guild, the active guild would be free now to claim an enemie tower/keep in a RR.

Thadius

Part of the furniture
Aran Thule said:
Its getting bad and unless we pick up our act its going to get worse.

Then last few days our frontier has been overrun by albs as well as the odd mid group.
I tried last night to organise things but after two hours of frustration and harrassment i had to call it quits, tbh it was like herding cats and banging your head against a brick wall.

We are badly outnumbered so have to all work together or we will just be farmed repeatedly.

I can try to lead but there is no point if noone follows, and too ofter last night people started doing thier own thing or chasing peopl, end result we get split up and die.

I try my best to give information so we can move together with enough time to prepare but when you have 10 groups in /bg and move out to find only 2 groups are with you it kinda defeats the objective.

One of the issues is i dont know who half the people/guilds/groups in excal are, and given that two thirds of pryd/hib have left over the last few months i dont have a core of people i know and can give missions to.

It doesnt help when trying to get infomation you just get a tumbleweed in return, even simple things like siege, i tried to form a /cg to coordinate what we had, end result only myself and one guildy said they had siege, from a large /bg thats very disappointing.

We need to get organised, we need to carry siege and we need to work together, we are fighting an uphill battle and its getting harder each step.
There ar lots of people that work hard for the realm as a whole but without the support of everyone else they will get disheartened and leave, simple things like carrying siege and old staffs/bounty wood help a lot.

I just hope people can be responsive to this and refrain from flaming/spamming here.

I know the feeling Aran. Albion has that problem sometimes, when so many are in BG, you say move out in 10 and noone does, then get spam in bg saying where are all the fights etc

Belisar

One of Freddy's beloved
Tonight was not much better.

So many people at DC and so few in the bg is seemed.

Hibbies seem too interested in rps to bother about doing things which do not directly involve killing the enemy.

Stealthers unwilling to assist in case they lose "their" rps on a kill. Alb scouts assist like hell and kick our butts.

And as before people not listening, not carrying seige and not being willing to be flexible and move.

We even had people accusing someone of giving misleading info when they asked us to go to one location and then when the middies came and changed things asked us to go somewhere else. They were accused of giving two different commands rather than sticking to just one. Changing situations need changing tactics and we spend too long looking for excuses or reasons not to do things.

There is some hope - we proved to be quite stubborn a number of time and albs at least know we do not die and log. We really do need group leaders to guide their groups and in turn listen to the bg leader, else we are not much more than an organised rabble and only so much can be achieved through strength of spirit alone.

Manisch Depressiv

Part of the furniture
Moving in BGs is dangerous.

You demezz fellow realm mates and they will get you killed by lifetapping after being EoY-rezzed high RR Druids/Healers that are mezzed. Cba with it. Better off with a group leader that can anticipate what is good for the BG/realm but still remain autarkic.

Asq

Fledgling Freddie
I completely agree with Aran.

Last couple of days though (mostly due to having not enough time to play) I get my ranger on and solo a bit till I need to log again.

Belisar said:
Stealthers unwilling to assist in case they lose "their" rps on a kill. Alb scouts assist like hell and kick our butts.
Just a note to explain there are also stealthers that don;t own 'their rp :):
I played together with Ebenezer's ranger as well. Nothing in there about not assisting, not playing together and whatnot. Just having loads of fun (while he gets killed and I'm aoe mezzed)

The point is though, whichever the need, people either curse stealthers because they are leeching (see the rp-system thread and others) or that stealthers don't assist enough. Of course the situation varries, but just the other day I was called a coward :)D) for shooting an alb at crau western bridge...

I take it a lot of the stealthers are playing the way they want or have been 'pushed' towards due to all the comments these last few months.

It's not just the Hib cooperation that needs improving, it's also the general idea which needs improving / upgrading that all classes can contribute to the 'war effort'.

Solari

Can't get enough of FH
A thought...

During the defence lead by aran at the current time I had a quite good experience with acting as a 'combat leader' or whatever you want to call it. 'Leading' the group during the fights, make sure they stayed close, didn't chase, had a certain objective eg. Defend the backdoor.
It might be an idea to let the individual group leaders have control over their groups, making the groupmembers 'obey' the groupleader and not the BG leader. Too often does people stick the BG leader and loose their own group.

- Stick the groupleader when moving.
- Follow the groupleader and pray that he is following the BG leaders instruction.
- 'Obey' orders during combat such as: "disengage and run to the tower."
- Don't be mindless zerglings, play as organised groups and you'll find that it gives more rps to eliminate the opposite zerg rather than ganking 1 fg then getting steamrolled when your groups are split.
- Have a nice day.

Hestethun

Can't get enough of FH
AngelHeal said:
You know better :(. goa will never do that...and if they do.. i really want the stuff i got on alb payed back on hib 4× the value ^^

hehe i know :p but i so want Celtic fist to work active with the alliance, so can make it stronger and more active then we got now. And also so we can get ride of those facking wankers around here!

Behmoth

Fledgling Freddie
Asq said:
I take it a lot of the stealthers are playing the way they want or have been 'pushed' towards due to all the comments these last few months.

It's not just the Hib cooperation that needs improving, it's also the general idea which needs improving / upgrading that all classes can contribute to the 'war effort'.

this is the situation in a nutshell "to assist or to leach"

kiliarien

Part of the furniture
Belisar said:
Tonight was not much better.

So many people at DC and so few in the bg is seemed.

Hibbies seem too interested in rps to bother about doing things which do not directly involve killing the enemy.

And as before people not listening, not carrying seige and not being willing to be flexible and move.

We even had people accusing someone of giving misleading info when they asked us to go to one location and then when the middies came and changed things asked us to go somewhere else. They were accused of giving two different commands rather than sticking to just one. Changing situations need changing tactics and we spend too long looking for excuses or reasons not to do things.

There is some hope - we proved to be quite stubborn a number of time and albs at least know we do not die and log. We really do need group leaders to guide their groups and in turn listen to the bg leader, else we are not much more than an organised rabble and only so much can be achieved through strength of spirit alone.

I was the (unwilling) BG holder for last night's DC defence. Note holder - I didn't want to be leader. Hibbies need to listen and be willing with seige, I as BG leader had to go and get rams and trebs (though I thank the 3 guys who did help, I can't remember names).

In terms of the 2 command thing - one guy suggested something and everyone followed him, fine I was a reluctant leader, but if there is a BG leader he needs to be listened to, I went mental when everyone moved as there were middies hiding under crau w bridge and they owned quite a few of the BG.

We had 44 in Emain and only 24 in BG :mad:

That said, in the end we pushed the albs all the way back to Crim keep and got towers claimed and opened port - so well done for the dogged defence and final push hibbies :)

Belisar was quite right, we didn't get organised and it was a struggle - but we died hard and got there in the end. :clap:

Aran Thule

Fledgling Freddie
Solari said:
A thought...
During the defence lead by aran at the current time I had a quite good experience with acting as a 'combat leader' or whatever you want to call it. 'Leading' the group during the fights, make sure they stayed close, didn't chase, had a certain objective eg. Defend the backdoor.
It might be an idea to let the individual group leaders have control over their groups, making the groupmembers 'obey' the groupleader and not the BG leader. Too often does people stick the BG leader and loose their own group.
- Stick the groupleader when moving.
- Follow the groupleader and pray that he is following the BG leaders instruction.
- 'Obey' orders during combat such as: "disengage and run to the tower."
- Don't be mindless zerglings, play as organised groups and you'll find that it gives more rps to eliminate the opposite zerg rather than ganking 1 fg then getting steamrolled when your groups are split.
- Have a nice day.

Good points but im assuming you havent read my guidelines (in pryd.net hib secure section) as most of them are covered in there.
As i mentioned i dont have any idea who most of the excal groups are, i dont know thier abilities or experiance so its hard to give orders, in the last few /bg's i ran i tried to get groups to do missions, but hardly anyone answered questions or volentiered when requested.
Simple things like: i need a group to guard the back door... silence, i ask again, still nothing, ask if any groups have animist and FoP, nothing, ask for a group with animist to guard back door and someone to cast FoP for them... you guessed it... no response.
infact the only response i generally got were from the few people that turned up for the meeting i organised after cluster, and if i cant see them around what am i supposed to do.
Maybe the excal crowd are resentful of someone they dont know trying to tell them what to do, i dont know, im trying my best but it isnt easy.
Back to the group topic, all people in group should follow thier group leader, i often try to make a /cg for group leaders so we can discuss ideas plans ect.
The chain of information is important, hense why i try to give warning before moving, but if i have said im moving in 1 minute, i intend to move in 1 minute so we need people to get together quickly so we can move as one.
One of the problems is when someone makes a comment like '1fg albs SW' and half the people turn and chase while the other half follow /bg, hense the spliting and getting spread out and killed.
In the above situation for example i would tell 2 groups (hense the advantage of know who people are) to go kill them while the /bg continues to its objective, trust me this method is very effective but it relys on everyone working together.
Hope this explains things a bit better. <grin>

Conway

Fledgling Freddie
kiliarien said:
I was the (unwilling) BG holder for last night's DC defence. Note holder - I didn't want to be leader. Hibbies need to listen and be willing with seige, I as BG leader had to go and get rams and trebs (though I thank the 3 guys who did help, I can't remember names).

In terms of the 2 command thing - one guy suggested something and everyone followed him, fine I was a reluctant leader, but if there is a BG leader he needs to be listened to, I went mental when everyone moved as there were middies hiding under crau w bridge and they owned quite a few of the BG.

We had 44 in Emain and only 24 in BG :mad:

That said, in the end we pushed the albs all the way back to Crim keep and got towers claimed and opened port - so well done for the dogged defence and final push hibbies :)

Belisar was quite right, we didn't get organised and it was a struggle - but we died hard and got there in the end. :clap:

I thought you were pretty patient there. Please don't be put off organising things again. We did good getting port reopened.

Aetius

Fledgling Freddie
The last week I have attended some BGs. Some have been good, and others have been not so good. Some times we accomplish parts of the missions, and other times I really really sense that the bg leader is an alb x-realming killing the BG on purpose (I actually felt that a couple of days ago, dunno who the leader was). This is one of the reasons a BG dont listen/follow their leader. If the BG fails time after time, most people will lack the motivation of following that leader again. The other reason they dont follow the bg leader is trust. When I join a BG with a leader I have never heard of, Im sceptic to him. Will he lead us to victory, will he hand out directions, tasks, and orders properly, or will he just run in the front till we meet the zerg and we die.

Aran Thule said:
Simple things like: i need a group to guard the back door... silence, i ask again, still nothing, ask if any groups have animist and FoP, nothing, ask for a group with animist to guard back door and someone to cast FoP for them... you guessed it... no response.

Imo, tell the groups what to do, never ask them unless you really have to. If you need someone to guard a tower, while you get another; "Aetius' group stay here, rest stick up!" works a whole lot better/faster than "Can anyone stay here and guard this tower plz?". Alternatively, have a cg for group-leaders where you can assign tasks for different groups.

For Aran, and other potensially BG leaders, I encourage you to make BGs as often as you can, make your name become familiar with the crowd. Then lead well, and people will listen to you (hopefully....).

Good luck! :)

Solari

Can't get enough of FH
Aran Thule said:
Good points but im assuming you havent read my guidelines (in pryd.net hib secure section) as most of them are covered in there.
As i mentioned i dont have any idea who most of the excal groups are, i dont know thier abilities or experiance so its hard to give orders, in the last few /bg's i ran i tried to get groups to do missions, but hardly anyone answered questions or volentiered when requested.
infact the only response i generally got were from the few people that turned up for the meeting i organised after cluster, and if i cant see them around what am i supposed to do.
Maybe the excal crowd are resentful of someone they dont know trying to tell them what to do, i dont know, im trying my best but it isnt easy.
Back to the group topic, all people in group should follow thier group leader, i often try to make a /cg for group leaders so we can discuss ideas plans ect.
The chain of information is important, hense why i try to give warning before moving, but if i have said im moving in 1 minute, i intend to move in 1 minute so we need people to get together quickly so we can move as one.
One of the problems is when someone makes a comment like '1fg albs SW' and half the people turn and chase while the other half follow /bg, hense the spliting and getting spread out and killed.
In the above situation for example i would tell 2 groups (hense the advantage of know who people are) to go kill them while the /bg continues to its objective, trust me this method is very effective but it relys on everyone working together.
Hope this explains things a bit better. <grin>

It's been a very very long time since I've actually seen prearranged hib raids concerning RvR. On excal we've always been the underpopulated realm, which makes it very difficult to raid anything. Those attempts which are made are usually an offspring of random opportunities.

It's my experience on excal that we resort on a very few leaders, often pointed out by the opportunities. They are usually forced to build things up from scratch the moment a raid hit us, which eventually can lead to an offensive raid once our own realm is secured.
It's a good kind of leaders, however it will never be the same few, and there will be diffrent ways to lead. Hence why 'we' have no specific guidelines, it depends on whoever is leading.

But in the end the leaders doesn't matter, each person has to do his/her job and nothing more can be done, practice is the key.

Conway

Fledgling Freddie
Aetius said:
The last week I have attended some BGs. Some have been good, and others have been not so good. Some times we accomplish parts of the missions, and other times I really really sense that the bg leader is an alb x-realming killing the BG on purpose (I actually felt that a couple of days ago, dunno who the leader was).

Battlegroups win, battlegroups lose, sometimes we try something against the odds because we don't want to lose relics. Lets be very careful about accusing BG leaders of x-realming when we wipe, because if we do no-one will lead.

Aetius

Fledgling Freddie
Conway said:
Battlegroups win, battlegroups lose, sometimes we try something against the odds because we don't want to lose relics. Lets be very careful about accusing BG leaders of x-realming when we wipe, because if we do no-one will lead.

I know, and it wasnt the intention of doing. It was probably just a combination of bad luck and maybe some inexperienced leading perhaps, but it was just a describtion of what it felt like, not neccessary what the really fact was :)

AngelHeal

Part of the furniture
face it imo.. hibernia has some people that feel to 1337 to join a BG... mainly because they think its for noobs.

Ronso

Can't get enough of FH
AngelHeal said:
face it imo.. hibernia has some people that feel to 1337 to join a BG... mainly because they think its for noobs.
points at jika :touch: ;)

Solari

Can't get enough of FH
Dear god... after tonight albs posses 5/6 relics now... it's so close being a trauma again... Nothing to say about it except it sucks...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom