hibernians in thidranki

C

Conchabar

Originally posted by Juanita
On the other hand:

People that demand rezzes
People that demand buffs but do not group with you
People that die every 2 mins and STILL demand resses.
People that are not in your group (because they didn't want to group with you) yell at you for not healing them while they solo 4 zerkers.

It happens, so i can imagine why people at times think: "screw this, you go take a teleport"

Soooooooo true this happens in alb as well i especialy h8 the ppl that expect u to be there buff bot and spam u for buffs:(

T

Tasans

Only my cleric was abused for buffs, but that was in pryd.
Here mids cant be arsed for buffs, but the sends i get are comical:

HEAL PLZ
HEAL NOW
HEAL FFS
DEPOISON ME
DEDISEASE ME
HEALTH REGEN PLZ
END REGEN
DMG ADD

I rarely hear a thanks for rezzing healing, generaly saving their ass.
Also some mids think they are the uber general so they go commanding people around. Thid is a bg ffs not a military camp.
Here i also heard the famous line when our group was facing another group of hibs: root pull the warrior... (no comments).

K

Kicks

Originally posted by Conchabar

I thought the idea was not to cap fast? :doh:

the idea for me at least, is to kill albs/mids if this isnt the idea I appear to have missed the point of BGs altogether :p

L

leap

Wardens in bg..

.. ok i will only take it from my perspective. i now have a 50 warden spend approx 1-2 hrs of running bg1 with him, I know they dont specc for heals since there is other demands on them as a grp member.. that is, being bubbleboy and part tank.!

We learn many wardens they arent healers, and if we do, they heal for 40ish hit points at lvl 24 because they where told to specc as a fighter, therefor i expect of a warden in bg's:

Buffs
Bub
Tanking...

and thats about it, since in groups with pb (the common grps nowadays for some reason) Bubble, Buff and tank...

Sure some wardens specc regrowth/Nurture... i specced blades/parry/Nurture... it all comes down to how you wanna play YOUR char..

I've seen loads of druids not ressing/healing... primarily because they wanna be solo druids with nature/nurture specc... and thats fine by me..

Besides you CAN'T and WONT heal/ress everyone around you.. Your group goes before every single solo'er or other group tbh, fine if you got mana to rezz their rezzer but.. dont expect every random healer to ress/heal/buff you.. ..that is foolish.

Oh.. btw.. my 22 hero (450ish wpn crafting) was spending mnoney repairing/upgrading the ck, only one other person helped in the success of this (sorry cant remember name) the keep was under attack, and you dont wanna be hit with aoe dot/aoe spell... but i was, so i backed off, that's the only once i yelled for ress/heals hib side, cause i was helping the small force gathered by keeping enemies out, and travel to get wood...

thats my 2cents

K

koskos

TBH yes its frustrating looking at a healer standing behind you
when you need a heal and hes not doing anything :p

but hey how is he supposed to know,
mabe hes busy healing someone else...
Its still frustarating tho

anyways I guess I should be thankfull I even get heals now and then, think Il focus more on the heals I get instead of the ones I dont get :D

C

Conchabar

Originally posted by koskos
TBH yes its frustrating looking at a healer standing behind you
when you need a heal and hes not doing anything :p

but hey how is he supposed to know,
mabe hes busy healing someone else...
Its still frustarating tho

anyways I guess I should be thankfull I even get heals now and then, think Il focus more on the heals I get instead of the ones I dont get :D

Yes tis frustrating ive pld it from every angle.. Though when u play it from the healers perspective he is not there as ure bot :) secondly u have to get used to dieing and giving away rps part of the game :) 3rdly if u want heals rezes then u grp. 4thly if when grped the healer will not buff you or heal u then kick him from ure grp as he is not doing his job:)

K

Kicks

Re: Wardens in bg..

Originally posted by leap
Oh.. btw.. my 22 hero (450ish wpn crafting) was spending mnoney repairing/upgrading the ck, only one other person helped in the success of this (sorry cant remember name) the keep was under attack, and you dont wanna be hit with aoe dot/aoe spell... but i was, so i backed off, that's the only once i yelled for ress/heals hib side, cause i was helping the small force gathered by keeping enemies out, and travel to get wood...

For which we are/were very much grateful, however a chanters place was inside the keep pbaoeing the doors! :) otherwise I'd have been only too glad to help.

Wot amussed at that point was while u were sitting repairing, ppl were spamming 'repair the gate' etc was a great defence though mostly around 1fg of hibs including 3 pbaoers and a bard :) vs 3/4 fgs of albs - or was it mids I forget - with rams pults etc :)

H

hint

Just to reiterate and clarify.

Do Not. expect a heal from a healing class unless you are grouped with them. treat any heals from healers not in your group as a bonus. (i tend to thank them for this if i can)

Do Not ask for heals mid fight. the only time you should ask for heals are if everyone is resting and you are very low on health so that you aren't so easy for assasins to 1 shot.

Do Not. expect to be buffed by a healer you are not grouped with.

Do Not. ask for buffs from healer classes unless you need them badly. (i tend to ask for a dex buff when playing a dex based class) treat any conc based buffs you do get from a healer class not in your group as a bonus and thank the healer.

Do Not expect a rezz if you are repeatedly being killed by the tk realm guards.

Do Not expect a rezz if you are camping a tk despite repeated requests from the majority of your realms players to let the other realm out so everyone can play with them.*

Genrally be nice to all healer classes. you want them to rezz you so don't make them want to let you rot.

*i have many bad bg memories of 4 or 5 albs camping the mid tk whilst the remaing 10 -15 repeatedly beg them to pull back so that everyone can enjoy the bg. of course when said tk campers rezzer is killed i would be repeatedly subjected to various insults for refuseing to rezz them.

i am not saying that i dont fight at tk's i do but i will always try and pull people back after 5 or so mins and if posible will withdraw from the tk with asmany people as i can.

C

Conchabar

Originally posted by hint
Just to reiterate and clarify.

Do Not. expect to be buffed by a healer you are not grouped with.

Do Not. ask for buffs from healer classes unless you need them badly. (i tend to ask for a dex buff when playing a dex based class) treat any conc based buffs you do get from a healer class not in your group as a bonus and thank the healer.

wtf! ure contradicting ure self there:)

A

Anu

Mana chanters suck? rofl.. sure was fun pbing the albs last night both gates down and 5 pb chanters in lord room.. = all albs dead.

Also outside keep.. Stun-debuff-nuke-nuke-nuke

^ usually means dead nme. (mostly opertunist stealthers)

Pah i'm almost capped out aswell.

Menty coming tho :D

[On the Healers topic.. my druid always ressed and try'd to buff ppl IIRC was so long ago, my bard skipped bg's)

S

StormriderX

Most annoying thing about being a mana ment is being asked for mr..."Give MR" - please would be nice as would your FKING LOCATION! If you want sodding mr you can come to me, don't expect me to magically be able to find you >,<.

/rant off

T

Tasans

Light chanters own, pbaoe is for the weak...

(awaits flames) :flame:

G

Gabrial

My two pence worth:

I had a cleric on Alb and would heal when I could. I would rez if I had the POW but I often did get abuse aswell if I didnt rez someone quick enough.

Its not much fun being a healer sometimes but hats off to the peeps in the BG on Saturday and Sunday (Kiki and Druidzilla spring to mind) for repeatedly rezzing me as I suicide DOTted everything I could find:)

I would often buff people but I can understand why others dont - whats the point when its likely they will die in a few minutes anyway?

As for tanks staring down the barrel of a casters staff I have seen this happen and have even done it myself. What the heck else can they do - they get bored else! Besides, there are some players about that will target the tank and ignore the caster so sometimes its not a bad thing, especially if they are /guarding someone.

N

-Nuked-

DIE CHANTERS

i hate all those god damn cookie cutter chanters yes i am a hib and im also sick of seeing them send pets and running off themselves. light eld is fun and can aoe mezz/debuff and do ranged dmg

get a void eld and nuke - either that or make a ment and charm a pet, more fun imo to see a nice ment dot 1 FG (alone) then seeing a mana chanter send a pet and run off. 90% of thid hibs are chanters, but i think the number of mana chanters in hibernia itself is also getting close to 40+% mana chanters, really boring to see now, especially since chanters arnt even suposed to be primary hib spell caster! just makes the game less enjoyable all round but as i said just an opinion, moving a bit off the original subject here :D just fancied another wine about the hibernia cookie cutters! (o yeah rezzers that dont rez are stupid also but thats another story)

flame on

S

saltyman

My little light chanter kicked some ass :D.
Btw nuked do you remember me?

N

-Nuked-

first char i eva lvled with man how can i forget :p

S

saltymcpepper

we kicked some water beetle ass back in teh day :clap:

N

-Nuked-

agreed we did! was a fun start shame i still dont have a lvl50 lol! soon i will be 50 and instead of those leet water beetles it shall be albs and mids (alot easier to kill then water beetles)

T

Tasans

Originally posted by stormriderx
first heat debuff at 23 mana...

The only reason for mana chanters to exist, they make me nuke like the A-bomb :flame:

T

Tasans

Originally posted by Gabrial
My two pence worth:

I had a cleric on Alb and would heal when I could. I would rez if I had the POW but I often did get abuse aswell if I didnt rez someone quick enough.

Its not much fun being a healer sometimes but hats off to the peeps in the BG on Saturday and Sunday (Kiki and Druidzilla spring to mind) for repeatedly rezzing me as I suicide DOTted everything I could find:)

I would often buff people but I can understand why others dont - whats the point when its likely they will die in a few minutes anyway?

As for tanks staring down the barrel of a casters staff I have seen this happen and have even done it myself. What the heck else can they do - they get bored else! Besides, there are some players about that will target the tank and ignore the caster so sometimes its not a bad thing, especially if they are /guarding someone.

Aye playing my cleric in pryd was perhaps one of my best moments in daoc. I liked the feeling of having the zerg guarding me all the time (maybe because i was the only rezzer?). Plus pryd is much friendlier than excal, when i rezzed or healed someone there i always got a thanks, here when i rez someone i get:
HEAL QUICK!
BUFFS PLZ
And then like :rolleyes:

O

old.Moriaana

I like my little GTAoE eld. Shame she capped out after INSANE attemps by both mids and albs. Now that was fun. Even got me ass handed me a few times by sb's / infi's :p ( jrhartley was one. cant remember the others )

I have to say though, I really enjoyed killing ppl with GTAoE. No death message spammage, so I could run around and not get picked on :)

Void Isnt Gimped :p It just needs a little luvin'.....

A

Anu

Bah i capped out last night and went LD at 65rps over cap :p

Damn mid zerg at the doors.. not sure if we have CK so i could log in and die :eek:

M

MesS°

Originally posted by Kicks

Oh and yes your primary job in BG will be rezzing/healing if u dont like that then Im curious to y u choose 1

If u want rezzes/heals u group a Rezzing/healing class, else its tough tits for u if, the rezzer/healer next to u is not in the mood to use halfe his pwr getting u back on ur feet... period... a healer classes has very little chance of soloing thay are group ppl... but if every healer runs around healing rezzing peps not in there group why then group em at all? no need right...

bottom line if u want rezzes and or heals then get one in group... if u want to solo then be prepared to /release...

nuff said...

A

angrysquirrel

Re: Re: Re: hibernians in thidranki

Originally posted by Daemonica

and the black hibby caster that aoe dot, baaad hibby....

soz that was me.

D

daphatfriar

My mincer (Morrissey) always solos in BG.

I never ask for buffs. Ever.

I never ask for heals. Ever.

I never ask for a res. Ever.

I'm solo and that means if you die it your own fault.

You have no rights to any buffs as a soloer. After all it's not like your supporting a groups with speed/power songs so if you're not providing a service why expect one in return?

If I die I release. If I didn't see the zerg coming or 2 stealthers get me and I die that's my fault and no-one elses. If I'm in a group I'll probably be the first to be ressed to I can play power song for the healer so they can res the group quicker. Again if you're solo it helps no-one except yourself to be ressed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom