Hibernia

M

Melachi-

I'm not sure if this is the forum the put this on, how and however I'll just have to get it moved if it's not.

Due to a large player base being Sweedish Midgadian myths, areas are known to alot players. The same goes for Albion, but only a very tiny are Irish, and even less know much of Irish folklore, myths and areas. However after puting a bit of tought into the Hibernian realm I realised how detailed it was, infact some of the places and races in Hibernia are taken from old Irish, which the govenrment has replaced. So I will give a short description of a few things in Hibernia, theres alot though that I haven't covered so I'll just put in what I found.

-Races

Celt: Name is descriptive enough, just your bog standard Celtic human, not much more to say, only that alot of people were afraid of them :)

Elf: Couldn't find anything on this in the dictionary because it's in old Irish and the alphabet is difirent. But I'm under the impression Elf's were not an Irish legend at all, but a very common lengend and I suppose they suit the Hibernian idea better than the other two realms.

Lurikeen: One of the many tiny races. Also the Irish for baby finger! Many of the other tiny races are in the game also, for example Ludrachan, Lucradain, Amadan ect..

Firbolg: Never heard of this until recently, but I got a few meanings. First one is direct translation pretty much. Fir meaning Man, and Bolg meaning Stomach, i.e. Stomachman, kinda personifing name :p . Other one is, bolg was also a spear, so Spearman. And the last one is that the Bolg's were descendants of Belgians, so BelgianMan, but Im not to keen on this one, because belgians are usualy known for their good looks :p

-Place Names

Emain Macha: I presume everyone pronounces this the way I did, e-main-match-a, its really pronounced ow(like the pain sound)-en-moc-a :p which means Plains of Macha, which was a place in the north of Ireland where generaly invaders came from since it was closest to those crazy vikings, and the English. Hence predominately zerged :)

Breifine: Pronounced (bref-ne)

Cruachan Gorge: Dunno proper pronunciation, but its an area Located in the west-midlands of ireland, noted for its many hills and small lakes.

Mt. Collory: Have no clue at all on this one :(

-Keeps

Druim Ligen: Druim means Back, so basically it means, "The back of Ligen".

Dun Lamfhota: Dún means keep suprisingly :p and all I could get from Lamfhota is something to do with arm, which kinda makes sense sinces its the str relic keep holding the Speer :)

-Dungeon's

Treibshe Cailte: Direct translation, "Lost terms" as in the Lost Times sense.

Thats all I managed to figure out, will put more tought into it though and get a few more.

C

Crashtje

cr-ouch-on gorge is how i say crauchon

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom