Hibernia Avalon-Server

bigchief

Fledgling Freddie
Konah said:
think u can change the updater files to change the language to english, dont remember the exact details tho.

the text is server side iirc, so you cant change that. You can play in an english client ... but if ur interacting with npc's and any server msgs (such as combat), thats all in german

Cruhar

Fledgling Freddie
bigchief said:
the text is server side iirc, so you cant change that. You can play in an english client ... but if ur interacting with npc's and any server msgs (such as combat), thats all in german

[12:25:52] Ein gepanzerter Unhold greift Euch an, doch Ihr könnt parieren!
[12:25:53] Ihr führt den Kampfstil ''Tarantel'' perfekt aus. (+27)
[12:25:53] Ihr greift an, ein gepanzerter Unhold wird getroffen und ein verzaubertes saphirblaues Militärrapier richtet 86 (-10) Punkte Schaden an!
[12:25:53] Ein gepanzerter Unhold stirbt!
[12:25:53] Jemand ist über Eure Taten verärgert ... die Nachelai-Legion, wenn Ihr es wissen wollt.
[12:25:53] Jemand ist über Eure Taten verärgert ... die Dämonenlords, wenn Ihr es wissen wollt.
[12:25:53] Jemand hält jetzt etwas mehr von Euch ... die Picullus-Imps, genauer gesagt.
[12:25:53] Ihr erhaltet 56,957 Erfahrungspunkte extra von Euren Gilden-Erfolgspunkten!
[12:25:53] Ihr erhaltet 1,139,150 Erfahrungspunkte. (618,990 Lagerbonus)
[12:25:53] Ihr nehmt 47 Silber, und 34 Kupferstücke.
[12:25:53] Ihr zahlt 96 Kupfer in Eure Gildenkasse ein.
[12:25:53] Ein gepanzerter Unhold lässt etwas zu Boden fallen, Beutel mit Münzen wird von Euch aufgehoben.
[12:25:54] No lootable object in range.
[12:25:55] No lootable object in range.

[12:25:55] Ihr müsst erst ein Ziel auswählen, um etwas zu nehmen!
[12:26:02] Es wird Yanob als Ziel erfasst.
[12:26:02] Es interessiert Euch Yanob. Er ist als Animist bekannt.
[12:26:05] Es wird ein auszubildender Infernalist als Ziel erfasst.
[12:26:05] Es interessiert Euch ein auszubildender Infernalist. Er ist Euch gegenüber ausgesprochen aggressiv!
[12:26:10] You begin casting a Verdunkelte Eilfertigkeit spell!
[12:26:12] Ihr führt den Zauber ''Verdunkelte Eilfertigkeit'' aus!
[12:26:12] Eure Attacken werden von einer dunklen Kraft beschleunigt!

bigchief

Fledgling Freddie
Cruhar said:
[12:25:52] Ein gepanzerter Unhold greift Euch an, doch Ihr könnt parieren!
[12:25:53] Ihr führt den Kampfstil ''Tarantel'' perfekt aus. (+27)
[12:25:53] Ihr greift an, ein gepanzerter Unhold wird getroffen und ein verzaubertes saphirblaues Militärrapier richtet 86 (-10) Punkte Schaden an!
[12:25:53] Ein gepanzerter Unhold stirbt!
[12:25:53] Jemand ist über Eure Taten verärgert ... die Nachelai-Legion, wenn Ihr es wissen wollt.
[12:25:53] Jemand ist über Eure Taten verärgert ... die Dämonenlords, wenn Ihr es wissen wollt.
[12:25:53] Jemand hält jetzt etwas mehr von Euch ... die Picullus-Imps, genauer gesagt.
[12:25:53] Ihr erhaltet 56,957 Erfahrungspunkte extra von Euren Gilden-Erfolgspunkten!
[12:25:53] Ihr erhaltet 1,139,150 Erfahrungspunkte. (618,990 Lagerbonus)
[12:25:53] Ihr nehmt 47 Silber, und 34 Kupferstücke.
[12:25:53] Ihr zahlt 96 Kupfer in Eure Gildenkasse ein.
[12:25:53] Ein gepanzerter Unhold lässt etwas zu Boden fallen, Beutel mit Münzen wird von Euch aufgehoben.
[12:25:54] No lootable object in range.

[12:26:02] Es wird Yanob als Ziel erfasst.
[12:26:02] Es interessiert Euch Yanob. Er ist als Animist bekannt.
[12:26:05] Es wird ein auszubildender Infernalist als Ziel erfasst.
[12:26:05] Es interessiert Euch ein auszubildender Infernalist. Er ist Euch gegenüber ausgesprochen aggressiv!
[12:26:10] You begin casting a Verdunkelte Eilfertigkeit spell!
[12:26:12] Ihr führt den Zauber ''Verdunkelte Eilfertigkeit'' aus!
[12:26:12] Eure Attacken werden von einer dunklen Kraft beschleunigt!

i assume thats just client side msgs tho, since the rest is german ?

Kuhan

Loyal Freddie
The server isnt that bad, after playing excali then avalon i would chose avalon any day, tons of action exp and in rvr, people are friendly and help u out soon as u start.

Everz

FH is my second home
Go mid imo, already tried normal alb/hib :[

Kraben

Can't get enough of FH
I imagine that xping up the oldschool way is a blizz as you aint got any competetion. When you get near 50 and need to farm items, camp stuff and before 1.81 obtain artifacs its an entirely differently ballgame.

The group we moved over with mostly came from Prydwen and personally did I experience more grief play just over a spand of a few days once we started getting artis and ml's done, that I've experienced my entire daoc career on prydwen since beta.

A few cases from the top of my head:

We have started doing ML's and are standing on Desmona island and about to kill the bird. We're about to head in (or did we actually already hit the bird?) when 3-4fg germans comes steaming in and kill the bird in a matter of secs. We shout what the f they are doing and either got ignored or told "to go play on our own server".

Getting artifacts was tough.. For instance did we need 4 GoV's or so and that turned out to be pure hell. no-one respects you if you camp any artifact. So everytime we saw it up it was a race against time to try and get there in time before germans showed up. Ppl didnt care shit about you having a group standing rdy but valsed in and took the mob. While 2-3 other teams were standing ready for their opportunity if you failed with instantly taking over mob. Chaotic and very very stressing.

I know this is not against CoC but coming from a wellknit community such as Prydwen was and comon respect for eachother were being held quite dear, this was quite a rough wakeup-call.

Avalon was/is 3-4 times the size of Prydwen so naturally there was gonna be alot more competition over the items. Things have certainly changed now with the new artifactsystem and afterall we may just have been extra unlucky with some of the bad encounters we had with the settled inhabitans of the servers. I dunno.

Kuhan

Loyal Freddie
Kraben said:
I imagine that xping up the oldschool way is a blizz as you aint got any competetion. When you get near 50 and need to farm items, camp stuff and before 1.81 obtain artifacs its an entirely differently ballgame.

The group we moved over with mostly came from Prydwen and personally did I experience more grief play just over a spand of a few days once we started getting artis and ml's done, that I've experienced my entire daoc career on prydwen since beta.

A few cases from the top of my head:

We have started doing ML's and are standing on Desmona island and about to kill the bird. We're about to head in (or did we actually already hit the bird?) when 3-4fg germans comes steaming in and kill the bird in a matter of secs. We shout what the f they are doing and either got ignored or told "to go play on our own server".

Getting artifacts was tough.. For instance did we need 4 GoV's or so and that turned out to be pure hell. no-one respects you if you camp any artifact. So everytime we saw it up it was a race against time to try and get there in time before germans showed up. Ppl didnt care shit about you having a group standing rdy but valsed in and took the mob. While 2-3 other teams were standing ready for their opportunity if you failed with instantly taking over mob. Chaotic and very very stressing.

I know this is not against CoC but coming from a wellknit community such as Prydwen was and comon respect for eachother were being held quite dear, this was quite a rough wakeup-call.

Avalon was/is 3-4 times the size of Prydwen so naturally there was gonna be alot more competition over the items. Things have certainly changed now with the new artifactsystem and afterall we may just have been extra unlucky with some of the bad encounters we had with the settled inhabitans of the servers. I dunno.

was like it on prydwen and excali just the same

Kraben

Can't get enough of FH
Far far from it. I've never experienced anywhere near the amount of grief on prydwen as we had on avalon. If on a rare occasion grief play was the case on prydwen (can only tell from my midgard pov) the community was fast to act accordingly - grief play was simply not tolerated nor accepted and that to much joy for the overall gaming experience.

Excalibur may have had parellels to Avalon when thinking size, but Prydwen has always been a nice and knit little community imo.

But again, this is from my (and the group I belonged to) pov. We may just have been unlucky on Avalon and lucky on Prydwen. :)

old.windforce

Part of the furniture
camping artifacts is bullshit and in no way polite, good manner or whatever BS label you put on it and the Germans understand that. I had so much more help and group from random Germans then on English cluster

Bahumat

FH is my second home
old.windforce said:
camping artifacts is bullshit and in no way polite, good manner or whatever BS label you put on it and the Germans understand that. I had so much more help and group from random Germans then on English cluster

They only helped you cause i threatend to start on that server!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom