Hibernia Alliance

Galid

Loyal Freddie
In the Quest for a Strong Hibernian alliance....

We have desided to Merge the LA alliance into the CF alliance giving strong guilds in one big alliance, reuniting the realm and making us strong as one. this will ofc benefit the Realm as a whole.

Hibernia will once again stand strong ! For the Realm.

Gray-CF

Fledgling Freddie
Good Good News!

im coming to spread some elphy love in this case! :fluffle:

kiliarien

Part of the furniture
Hurrah! I knew there was a reason I'd seen CF and LA people skipping, singing and holding hands earlier.

Or maybe that was just Sarumann changing his char name to MakingkillspamisGay and getting close to the male hib populace :p

Mastade

Fledgling Freddie
Lets see if there is actually gonna be some activity from the alliance now :)

Good luck!

Ceraniel

Loyal Freddie
kiliarien said:
Hurrah! I knew there was a reason I'd seen CF and LA people skipping, singing and holding hands earlier.

Or maybe that was just Sarumann changing his char name to MakingkillspamisGay and getting close to the male hib populace :p

you saw it too??

deez

Fledgling Freddie
Mastade said:
Lets see if there is actually gonna be some activity from the alliance now :)

Good luck!

I can spam! /as Need ani + leech, fop + leech etc =P

censi

Can't get enough of FH
ALL guides should be in the CF alliance.

The benefits of having everyone in that one channel are huge.

For that to happen we need 2 things to work...

a) The Alliance challenge rules to be short and sweet. RVR chat only, and major raid announcements.

b) Guildmasters are a bit more strict with i) who they give /as too nowadays everyone expects /as rights. II) when you get your stereotypical /as funneh guy (who never is funneh) the GM's sort it out not the CF as police.

Was always a great alliance CF, and the /as was run well.

gravedigger

Fledgling Freddie
a) The Alliance challenge rules to be short and sweet. RVR chat only, and major raid announcements.

than gimme one reason why we should come back if it same old bullshit as it used to be

and i think guildmasters decide who get alliance right last time i checked not you

Adlatus Hellbringer

Fledgling Freddie
gravedigger said:

than gimme one reason why we should come back if it same old bullshit as it used to be

and i think guildmasters decide who get alliance right last time i checked not you

I think what censi is saying is that if we all tighten up a bit on who gets access to /as and what type of stuff is said on /as it will make it better for everyone. CF /as chat has been fine recently with regular rvr grps being announced and useful info on where albs/mids are.

prodical

Fledgling Freddie
Huntingtons said:
will it be allowed to spam alliance chat? :(

ofc mate, im gona be there at some point again to spam the cf alliance, gear told me it was ok! :p

Prudil

One of Freddy's beloved
Durka Durka was member in the CF alliance a couple of weeks back.
CF alliance was in my eyes....

5% RvR info
30% PvE info (included PL/Finns stuff)
65% Chat/Spam/Discussions (generaly unusefull info that is only aimed at a few ppl.)

We got an offer to join the new LA alliance and left CF the same second, anything is better then CF alliance, was our thought. (no the grass aint greener on the other side fyi :)
We joined LA and to our disapointment....a dejavu! Same shit there, it was said to be an RvR focused alliance, but in the end it was the same shit as CF with a new name.

RvR info - wich is what we wanted primarily!
PvE info - is ok as long as its announced with all info needed and rest of communication is done in BG/PM/CG.
Chat/Spam/Discussions - doesnt belong in an /as, we have BG/CG's for that kind of stuff.

In the end I wont generalize and say its the whole alliance that has a flaw, its a few muppets who always needs attention by spaming /as with shit and useless stuff...and their GMs not caring about how/what their members contribute to the /as.

We have concluded that we're better of without an alliance since all our members have turned /as off.

Cya in the frontiers :)

Unleashed

Loyal Freddie
Prudil said:

5% RvR info
65% Chat/Spam/Discussions (generaly unusefull info that is only aimed at a few ppl.)

We got an offer to join the new LA alliance and left CF the same second, anything is better then CF alliance, was our thought. (no the grass aint greener on the other side fyi :)
We joined LA and to our disapointment....a dejavu! Same shit there, it was said to be an RvR focused alliance, but in the end it was the same shit as CF with a new name.

PvE info - is ok as long as its announced with all info needed and rest of communication is done in BG/PM/CG.
Chat/Spam/Discussions - doesnt belong in an /as, we have BG/CG's for that kind of stuff.

In the end I wont generalize and say its the whole alliance that has a flaw, its a few muppets who always needs attention by spaming /as with shit and useless stuff...and their GMs not caring about how/what their members contribute to the /as.

We have concluded that we're better of without an alliance since all our members have turned /as off.

It's the same in most of the alliances.

You will always get the kiddie attention seekers, who spam useless crap!

prodical

Fledgling Freddie
Prudil said:

5% RvR info

dont be so anal mate, its a game, if u take this shit so serious i would hate to see what u are like irl

Ronso

Can't get enough of FH
In fairness, none of the more pve orientated people are going to want to talk about rvr in an alliance . The more experienced or die hard rvr gg's like yourselves, arent going to say Oh FG down by cemetary if you just died to them as you are going to want to go back out and kill them . The only useful /as information you are going to use is if you are playing realm defence and in which case there are bgs for that now 100% of the time .

So ...and this isnt aimed just at the Durka crew , its to everyone , if you think about it , theres not ACTUALLY that much to talk about in relavtion to rvr . All Fg v Fg rvr isnt talked about at all , occasionally you might get Alb Zerg along alb coast comment but more often that not , if its important , then there is already a bg up and they are discussing it heavily ..

Good luck with alliance, no guild so no as for meh ! ;x

censi

Can't get enough of FH

do not fuck with me young gravedigger underling. If I have to explain to you the benefits in terms of realm defense and offense of all being able to communicate in an alliance chat its a lost cause..

ORLY its the GM's who decide who gets /as right! fuck me I never knew that, thats really constructive. what I was getting at if you care, is that its almost default for all members to have /as rights. This can cause problems because standards tend to slip. Talk /as rights should be a privaledge. listen rights are a requirement however.

Tbh I thought the spam back in the day was handled well by CF, they tried to stop people from doing it and were polite but you got the same old idiots that just couldnt keep quiet and keep the "funnehs" out of the channel that messed it up. The guilds seemed to be offended by CF then asking these people to respect the rules and lots jumped ship.

this is our once chance to get something good up and runing again, do not hinder it with arrogence, ignorence and hatred.

Gear

Can't get enough of FH
Prudil said:

5% RvR info

What do you classify as RVR info nowadays? 5 albs cambing crau west bridge? 2fg albs on ocassus? 5 locks and 4 bds at brynja?

NF comes along with /rw which blinks towers etc, action is conjested and more or less we all know where it is taking place and what to expect. Then again you see a tower in flames, and first you're trying to contact a member of the guild that's got it claimed to find out about numbers (if anyone will bother with that anyway). IRC is mostly the medium by which set-groups know where other people are anyway.

Obviously there will be attention whores who will try to create some meaningless spam but this is something unavoidable, it will happen in /as /bu /chat etc etc. Up to the recepients to ignore tbh.

Alas, in the current state of the game /as is just a larger channel for people to communicate specific requests, but the "good old days" with 500 people in /as will be no more, and there's nothing we/you can do about it unless you're a marketing wizzard and manage to attract new people in the game :p

So, what's the reason to be in any alliance? Well, what's the reason to be in a guild as well? Most of the players are self sufficient, they got a couple of friends in game to help em with what they can't solo, artis are mostly soloable, ML encounters are a walk in the park, RVR is predictable...

Well, in my (obviously right) opinion, the reason is because it is still a bloody MMORPG. We have turned RVR into something proffessional. Almost everyone and his dog in hibernia aim for the perfect template, the perfect set-up, the perfect people, which is fair enough, but this leads to a certain exclusion of people from most of the game's aspects.

Think of it. Everytime after a good fight, we mostly say good work. I mean FFS, this is supposed to be a bloody game, not work. Yes, the adrenaline is great, winning is good, accomplished teamwork is amazing, however... work? I don't really think so, at least for me this is not what daoc or any game is all about.

My aim for CF /as, and /gu while we're at it, is to create a friendly atmoshpere where people can enjoy the game for which they pay 10-20 or some of them 30 euros per month. This doesn't mean that we will impose our way of playing onto anyone, just try to compromise different attitudes and make sure we can all get along. I want the set-groups to have the opportunity to get a druid for example by asking in the alliance (tho most will go for people they know anyway), I want the soloer out there to know there's a sorc and a caba camping crau docs, I want the pve-er to be able to find help to do such and such.

All and all, together we're stronger and we can fight for our trees and rps, and in the game, as in sex, the more the merrier :p

Gear

Can't get enough of FH
Gear said:
Obviously there will be attention whores who will try to create some meaningless spam but this is something unavoidable, it will happen in /as /bu /chat etc etc.

prodical said:
helloz gear :)

Forgot to put FH there too ;)

Disclaimer: This is a joke for the people that don't get it :p

Mastade

Fledgling Freddie
An alliance is just an information channel, in which you should be able to get msgs out to as many ppl as possible as fast as possible. Let it be used for ppl that seeks players to do ml grp steps, rvr grps etc. Let it be a channel where you can ask questions about game relevant stuff, where you can arrange rvr sieges, where you give information about whats going on in the frontier and what not. That be said i hope the spirit in the alliance is kept high so people in the alliance is up for doing stuff together as an alliance, show what you are made of :)

The main problem with alliances in NF compared to OF is that in OF you were nearly naked information wise if you werent in a big alliance, as you would normally have no idea of what is going on in the realm frontier. In NF you dont need an alliance to be kept informed about what is going on, thats why people tend to spam more crap on the alliance channel, since most ppl arent scared of being kicked from the alliance and thus loosing all the "important" information that is the alliance chat.

If the information "spam" in this new alliance is good and if the alliance does stuff as a whole i think people inside and outside of the alliance will respect the alliance more than they have previously.

Anyways, what im saying is.. good luck and.. good night :p

Gear

Can't get enough of FH
Well we did try to take berk tonight :)

Hope it was a good start, more spontaneous things like that will follow, I just have to remember to make some dim rams next time :p

Thanks to the LA group for a quick response to our call and to the rest of the people there of course.

Tallen

Fledgling Freddie
censi said:
ALL guides should be in the CF alliance.

The benefits of having everyone in that one channel are huge.

For that to happen we need 2 things to work...

b) Guildmasters are a bit more strict with i) who they give /as too nowadays everyone expects /as rights. II) when you get your stereotypical /as funneh guy (who never is funneh) the GM's sort it out not the CF as police.

Was always a great alliance CF, and the /as was run well.

Heh, this old stick :)

This idea is as old as the game. It's been tried and always half of the realm do not want to be in the same room as the other half so it never get's going.

Unfortunately after 4 years+ a lot of guilds and players have built-up grudges and dislikes for other guilds/players, so the chances now are smaller than ever.

I spent 2 years in CF alliance and i enjoyed it, but i preferred HoF's rules and banter and TD's freedom of expression and friendly feel. One alliance is, has and always will be a non-starter of an idea because players/guilds have different needs and people orientate themselves towards likeminded individuals.

I'm afraid that CF's way of running an alliance works well for some, but is not for everyone. Many players want to chat, find groups, get some advice etc from the pool of experience/knowledge and resources that an alliance provides. Some people are bound by strict rules at work or school, who don't want more rules thrust down their throat while playing a game to relax and unwind.

As it stands we have 4-5 good (and very different) alliances and it works well enough, if it aint broke, don't change it :)

Boni

Fledgling Freddie
I think a merger of some of the alliances can only be a good thing. Although I agree with Talens post that many people want different things, hence a choice of alliance is a good thing, I think the main hardcore of hibernia has become too split up. Its good to see some put aside their differences to make this work, and I really encourage those guilds to put asside old differences and issues and work for a better hibernia for all. I truly believe hibernia has the best teams on this server and if we coordianted the talent in our larger rvr guilds theres no reason we couldnt be sitting on 6 relics most of the time.

To make everyone happy enough with the /as channel I think you need a balanced compromise between spam and strick controll. Come down hard on those who are really spamming useless muck over and over, but give a break to those who just post the odd pve thing so it doesnt feel over policed, hopefully you can make both types of players happy without bowing to either extreme.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom