Things

Fledgling Freddie
new to hib- well sort of, played before but only as caster

looking for a tank i can do some damage with but still have fun :p

will play anything as long as its got some end game stuff :p

ideas?

Alan

Fledgling Freddie
For end game RvR you really want a stoicism tank (+25% reduction in mezz) which means a Blademaster or Hero.

Out of those two, I'd be tempted to go hero due to the fluff they get (group demezz, climb walls, mooooooooooose)

Belgerath

One of Freddy's beloved
BM or Hero then really for end game.

If u dont mind soloing though vw is really nice :)

Tallen

Fledgling Freddie
Think it depends what you want to do in rvr tbh. If you want to group then as Alan says a Hero or BM would be a good choice and both can solo ok but for a BM the RA's are difficult at low rr to be able to both solo and group well. Charge for a group BM is a fave which won't help you as much if your solo, for solo prolly better to have IP or somesuch. Plenty of BM's who both group and solo well though plus they can be Banelords which groups love for interrupting enemy casters and their high DPS is a good asset.

For something a little different you could try a Valewalker if you want to solo, difficult class to play which is why i guess there are very few active at the moment. As it's a cross between a tank and a caster you might find it a bit more familiar, a well played VW is a really nasty thing as they can pump out some serious damage and get some really nice toys. Players like Schyte, Blizzard etc have some decent movies which demonstrate what the class is capable of.

Dre@d

Fledgling Freddie
I will conside also a champ, even without stoi and proper played they can be annoying.

Fuaip

Can't get enough of FH
If you wanna do pure group, pick a BM. They are always needed in groups and got good CC-defence like stoicism. Their damageoutput is fine also.
Then if you try go for a hero, you will still have the stoicism for groups, but u will probably end up being a Bodyguarder for the group, as battlemaster line is best for Hero FGvFG. For the solo part, you can pick many different specs, all killers but the upcoming shieldchanges would make the shield spec best. You will get Warlord for solo too so it would be a good choice.
Same goes for the Champion if you want to do both. Only thing you will lack is stoicism for FG's, but if you play good enough it's okay without, as you got loads of tools that heros doesnt have to make up for the lack of stoicism. (Debuffs, DD, Snare, ST, Banelords)

I've never tried a VW but they should be nice solo, not really the perfect thing for group, unless you play it really good.

Now it's just up to you to make a choice :)

Alan

Fledgling Freddie
Dre@d said:
I will conside also a champ, even without stoi and proper played they can be annoying.

Nah been in loads of RvR groups and they have never, ever recruited a champ unless there were no stoicism tanks free (hero / bm)

Seen alot of groups run with a valewalker tho, so if you want a hybrid go with that

Tuthmes

FH is my second home
Alan said:
Nah been in loads of RvR groups and they have never, ever recruited a champ unless there were no stoicism tanks free (hero / bm)

Seen alot of groups run with a valewalker tho, so if you want a hybrid go with that

Go tank group with chimp/bm/hewo/valewalker/eld!

Gahn

Resident Freddy
Tuthmes said:

Yup i second that, too many peeps underrate Warlord Heros in tank trains.

Alan

Fledgling Freddie
Tuthmes said:

bm/bm/hero/vw/eld imo - no one runs with a champ :) which is a shame as there fun to play.

Dre@d

Fledgling Freddie
They should givf that cele to champs instead wardens, cause with that cele range wardens must be following the assist train( fear the warden dps! ), that would givf some boost to champs and make em more groupable, and the fact that some/most grps dont want a champ in dont means that a champ in a good hands isnt viable in 8vs8, is a great tank killer if he uses right tolls and a decent rupter also.
Im still waiting for the champ and svg love :/ 2 classes that really needs some <3

Things

Fledgling Freddie
well thanks for a replys, started a BM, hope i enjoy it :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom