Druid :RR5
Bard : RR7
----------
Blademaster : RR5
Champion : RR5
Hero : RR5
Animist RR7 or Eld RR6.

BMs are only a few weeks old, hence the low RR( same for everyone). Ive been away for a few years & need to ask....

At rr5 for the BMs - what RAs ? Im leaning towards Charge 3 & 2 BMs assisting, or is Det5 a better option ? Bard has purge3 & moc1 for demez. Half the runs we do are in labby to if that makes a diff.

Suggestion please !

Pertan

Can't get enough of FH
I would go with det5 if i were you, i used charge on my merc but that was in a group with 1.5 tanks not assisting

TheBinarySurfer

Can't get enough of FH
Current PuG set up usually looks something like this :-

Bard : RR7
----------
Champion : RR5
Hero : RR5
Animist RR7 or Eld RR6.

BMs are only a few weeks old, hence the low RR( same for everyone). Ive been away for a few years & need to ask....

At rr5 for the BMs - what RAs ? Im leaning towards Charge 3 & 2 BMs assisting, or is Det5 a better option ? Bard has purge3 & moc1 for demez. Half the runs we do are in labby to if that makes a diff.

Suggestion please !

Det 5 still reigns supreme. Charge is nice, but not really worth picking it up for group play except at level 1 to get through the initial cc "wall" between you and the enemy group without any interuption.

I'd suggest at RR5, 34 points on Det, MoP 3, Long Wind and Charge 1.

PS - I'd suggest running a split train with BM-Hero-Champ actually killing, and one "floating" BM for interrupts. 4 people on a melee train is just overkill.

The animist con debuff is particularly nasty to throw on the train's target by the way since it stacks with the champ's str/con debuff...

One thing to bear in mind for your druids - str/con buffshear renders the champs str/con debuff largely worthless - remember seeing some forumla on the champ boards ages back about how you made a target have less con by using str/con debuff on a buffed target than an unbuffed one somehow (look it up for the maths, at work atm). I'm assuming it will work the same for base con and therefore the con debuff is why i mention it.

In terms of setup critique i do wonder if a Dem vamp might be superior to the 2nd BM?

Genedril

Part of the furniture
Always prefered Det 5 myself too. Makes you pretty much cc immune 100% of the time (on hero's & BM's) & mobility in the mdps is vital.

Valgyr

Fledgling Freddie
Prefered Det over charge on EU - don't tank atm in the US.

Well when u face nuker dps charge 3 is>>>>>>>>DET 5 by many many miles. for that setup id either go charge 3 purge 1 on BMs or DET 5 if u struggle with CC.

Valgyr

Fledgling Freddie
Sounds like US servers play totally different :p

They do, even tho the yanks think im a retard for saying the german way of play was>>>>>theirs CSI showed em at rr 2 who was the boss:)

Zede

Part of the furniture
Even with det 5, a purp root or mez is going to last, what 5 seconds at least ?

The assist train is then broken if say the BM uses Charge....& hero although still on the "train" is actually not on the MAs target, as they are 15 yards away, still rooted

An awful lot of fights are won or lost in the first 30 seconds, imho i would rather have 2 x BMs with charge 3 who can take down a target in the first 10 secs. Both on the assist having the same melee RAs I think is important.. having assist when nobody is assisting defies the object..

Valgyr

Fledgling Freddie
Even with det 5, a purp root or mez is going to last, what 5 seconds at least ?

The assist train is then broken if say the BM uses Charge....& hero although still on the "train" is actually not on the MAs target, as they are 15 yards away, still rooted

An awful lot of fights are won or lost in the first 30 seconds, imho i would rather have 2 x BMs with charge 3 who can take down a target in the first 10 secs. Both on the assist having the same melee RAs I think is important.. having assist when nobody is assisting defies the object..

Disagree 100% a fight in a tank grp is often won by outlasting em, to win fast u need nuke dps. with the 5 tank 3 support grp we ran on german no fights vs proper grps were won in less then 3-5 mins

Zede

Part of the furniture
Disagree 100% a fight in a tank grp is often won by outlasting em, to win fast u need nuke dps. with the 5 tank 3 support grp we ran on german no fights vs proper grps were won in less then 3-5 mins

not going to have any proper fights, least not in the guild grps im in. Its an Aussie guild, so prime time for them is like 11am GMT...hardly US prime time ! We never really know who is going to be on, but been playing with 2 x bm, hero & random casters last few weeks.

US seems very tank heavy in set grps from what ive seen. Ran agrammon with a high rr pug & fought a 2 mid grps & 1 alb, one mid fight,both sides had 2 x BG & only caster was 1 SM that died 3 or 4 times in the 10 min fight.

TheBinarySurfer

Can't get enough of FH
not going to have any proper fights, least not in the guild grps im in. Its an Aussie guild, so prime time for them is like 11am GMT...hardly US prime time ! We never really know who is going to be on, but been playing with 2 x bm, hero & random casters last few weeks.

US seems very tank heavy in set grps from what ive seen. Ran agrammon with a high rr pug & fought a 2 mid grps & 1 alb, one mid fight,both sides had 2 x BG & only caster was 1 SM that died 3 or 4 times in the 10 min fight.

I cant speak for the fg-fg scene now, but it used to be that 9/10 times you could extend a tank out of range of their support - the yanks (even the ones in the good guild groups) just didnt understand healing range it seemed like!

Genedril

Part of the furniture
Well when u face nuker dps charge 3 is>>>>>>>>DET 5 by many many miles. for that setup id either go charge 3 purge 1 on BMs or DET 5 if u struggle with CC.

Only if you're stupid & out of range of your healers then charge or det aint really the problem though is it.

fettoken

I am a FH squatter
Det 4 and charge 3 if possible. That way if you loose mez you can as a tank charge into the other group and dump some ml´s to slow them down initially. Then its golden to have charge3 up again for taking down soft targets.

Lethul

FH is my second home
Only if you're stupid & out of range of your healers then charge or det aint really the problem though is it.

Healers can't really outheal proper dps nukeage :p Interupts saves the tanks.

Minidk

Loyal Freddie
They do, even tho the yanks think im a retard for saying the german way of play was>>>>>theirs CSI showed em at rr 2 who was the boss:)

no shit our first 8v8 on agra was vs some hib 5 tank grp and won ~ was kinda funny:CC and we pretty much never lost a fight after rr 4~

Lethul

FH is my second home
no shit our first 8v8 on agra was vs some hib 5 tank grp and won ~ was kinda funny:CC and we pretty much never lost a fight after rr 4~

And considering how much you sucked on EU that says alot! ;)

WiZe^

Can't get enough of FH
Det 4 and charge 3 if possible. That way if you loose mez you can as a tank charge into the other group and dump some ml´s to slow them down initially. Then its golden to have charge3 up again for taking down soft targets.

problem is that u likey hit like a girl whit that, but fine if u want too charge3 and hug :p

Lethul

FH is my second home
make a grp on US and fight us when they cluster :]

I'd quite like that tbh. But haven't played DAoC for ages and none of my old guildies play and, i got other interest that i find funnier atm :p But one should never say never.

Lethul

FH is my second home
problem is that u likey hit like a girl whit that, but fine if u want too charge3 and hug :p

it's better being able to hit like a wet noodle than not being able to hit anything with lots of strength :ninja:

Valgyr

Fledgling Freddie
And considering how much you sucked on EU that says alot! ;)

He plays with the best from the german cluster tho, and even tho he might have been a sucky zergling on UK his fraps from the aes dana grp and the csi grp now shows a different story mr hattifnatt:)

Lethul

FH is my second home
He plays with the best from the german cluster tho, and even tho he might have been a sucky zergling on UK his fraps from the aes dana grp and the csi grp now shows a different story mr hattifnatt:)

Everyone evolves :)
Give url to some new daoc vids, wanna see EU grp vs US grp :)

fettoken

I am a FH squatter

Nah not if you are a Firby / Half ogre. And surely ml´s, item procs and that stuff helps to improve the damage slightly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom