Hib Caster.... Eldritch or Chanter?

Thorwyn

FH is my second home
What class would you prefer for solo and group RvR? And why?
Also, with BB support (equal level), which class is easier to level?
And finally: can you give me some decent specs for levelling?

Thanks in advance!

Neffneff

Fledgling Freddie
I'd prefer to play eldritch for group RvR, what with all the buttons, and chanter for solo RvR, speed+stun debuff nuke makes for pretty enjoyable solo play, though im sure eld has good potential with NS, and access to horseesin game now.

The chanter is hands down the best Leveler with a BB

for the chanter spec mana all the way through levels, have th eBB buff and heal the pet, you'll be able to make some pretty large pulls and rake in the XP in no time.

for the eld, if leveling solo with buffs, go light, should be the quickest way afaik.

Soulja_IA_

Can't get enough of FH
If you go Eld for levelling purposes Void with tinderboxes downtime is low.

Levelled mine when we got SI expansion and found it quick back then and with Bolts you find you kill anything yellow extremely quickly.

Soulja

Boni

Fledgling Freddie
Solo rvr chanter - , speed and ml9 pet make for fun. Recommended.

Soloing rvr eld - painfull, anything with speed can own you, charging tanks will mow you down, and few healing options. Nice in a keep/tower though.

Solo eld leveling - buffs wont help you, stronger than chanter with NO buffbot as bolts are good.

Solo chanter leveling - With buffbot fantanstic, possibly the strongest duo around for pve. Kill many low cons at once and happily take down any purples that might stand in the way of quests and artifacts. Highly recommended.

Group rvr chanter -, okay, nothing special though, limited options makes you not the first choice of caster.

Group rvr eld - very strong, nearsight, mezz, stunn in light, backup pb, more debuffs than you know what todo with. Highly recommended.

Specwise for leveling:

For a chanter put it all in mana for the best pb support for groups or strong damage shield. No point speccing secondary in light for pve, if you want to go one level under max then put odd points in chantments for dmg add on pet.

For an eld, full light imo, though if you dont have a buffbot or cant afford mana potions then you might find void is faster. If you intended grouping then full manas the choice for you.

Its a tough choice really, both have their advantages and are my two favourite hib classes by far. Eld really shines in fg rvr, but chanter kicks butt in pve and solo!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom