Hi there.

H

holy_willow

I am an old daoc player and im wondering what empire and server to choose to get amongst old daoc players? :)

I just bought the game yesterday and just waiting for my Visa card now before I get to play so ;) any day now I hope.

Y

Yoni

I suggest you look at all three factions and decide on what you want to stand for.

Vanu Sovereignty: The destiny of the human species tilts toward ruin. Thousands of years of shortsightedness and provincial thinking have hampered its proper evolution. We plunge toward oblivion. Those able to comprehend the promise and potential of humanity will advance. They will usher the less gifted through the gateway of understanding and cleanse the taint of blindness, ignorance and mulishness from the species. We are the shepherds of evolution, the harbingers of progress. We lead toward the light.
Flexibility and mobility are what the Vanu Sovereignty are about. Their equipment may lack the sheer power or rate of fire that their enemies enjoy but their built-in Armor Piercing mode for their weapons gives them the flexibility in combat that can't be matched. Likewise, though their vehicles may not have quite the top speed of other vehicles, the ability to move across water allows them to strike from unexpected angles and thus shift the tide of battle easier than a conventional attack upon an entrenched opponent.

Terran Republic: Loyalty until Death! Strength in Unity! Order requires law. Law is enforced through deterrence. Deterrence is based on the fear of consequences, and fear is the most powerful motivating force. The separatist groups, the Vanu Sovereignty and the New Conglomerate, will be dismantled through the exercise of forceful deterrence. Dissidents will fear the consequences of their disloyalty. Unity and order will be restored.
Though usually not as powerful as NC equipment in a shot-for-shot basis, the Terran Republic's equipment exemplifies the "more is better" attitude especially when the 'more' is lead. Therefore their weapons generally fire faster which is exemplified in both their Medium Assault weapon, the Cycler, and their Heavy Assault Weapon, the Chaingun. Furthermore, their vehicles such as the Marauder (Heavy Assault Buggy) and the Prowler (Heavy Assault Tank) can carry two independent gunners vs. the equivalent Vanu Sovereignty or New Conglomerate vehicles that only have one gunner.

New Conglomerate: Tear down the Threat that is Tyranny! Burn it all down and Start Again! We call all able-bodied soldiers to The Frontlines to take up arms against those who would deprive us of our basic freedoms. Do not forgive! Do not forget the History of Oppression that we have endured at the hands of the Terran brutes and the Vanu maniacs! Volunteer Now!
The New Conglomerate's equipment generally can deliver the most punch up in a single but slower firing shot. This is typified by the NC's Assault Tank, the Vanguard, that packs the largest cannon available but with the slowest rate of fire. Further illustrating the NC's love for pure punch is their Jackhammer, a Tri-Barreled Auto shotgun that can tear up enemy soldiers and vehicles at short range but quickly loses effectiveness as distance to the target increases.

Once you have decided on a faction come back and post although mostly vanu and nc are represented by this community I dont know of any TR outfits here. Although you may want to check the different factions boards. Or when you get in game there are always people screaming for people to join their outfits :)

As for coming form an RPG there isnt much role playing in this game except to choose your class and to level as the game permits. You may find dying repeatedly a bit annoying but it gets better as you get better equipment.

D

Deadmanwalking

Or if you have the elite skillz of moi :D

:(

Users who are viewing this thread