Hi... :p

Lynzia

Fledgling Freddie
Ive been offline 8months and guess im soon getting back online, so was thinking if daoc is still fun, or worse now with catacombs?
Dont care about cryfaces and 1337-fotm(wow) leavers..

Any direct and honest info would be nice :)

Everyday I watch a vamp-video (painfool) and are getting more and more hooked (reading every once a while from a little crappy netstore, bout their abb.), but being abit different idd like a suit and race that all dont take so> will lurikeen /w harpy-sok-gov-cb rest suitable itams for capping suit as good as poss.. be effective enough? Ive got no problem with the grind+arti/ml farmage, but REALLY sucks bigtime at templates... :p

And what realm got most rvr-activity? Hib/exc or hib/pry?
Thx in advange..

And no go play WoW, please.. If I had a kid on 9 Idd buy it for him.. :m00:

Belomar

Part of the furniture
Vampiirs are lots of fun, even in PvE. Some of the instances I have literally been wading knee-deep in blue and yellow con mobs trying vainly to kill me, and helplessly watching their brethren succumb to my vile rapier. :)

Lynzia

Fledgling Freddie
Hehe sounds good.. Cant wait for my net to arive, btw were can I fetch daoc+expansions in Italy? :p And what is the manabolt called? The one painfool use to pull with.. Cant seem to find it on the builder?! :m00:

Thx for responds :)

Fana

Fledgling Freddie
DAoC is a great game, but there arent enough people playing it. In mid there is close to 0 opportunity for meaningful randomgrp rvr atm - simply cant get a viable group since the casters all prefer to solo to leach max rp, and almost everyone that plays supportclass as main are in setgrps. Best you can hope for is 2 hunters, 1 caster, 1 healer and a tank in ToA epic gear. That would be well and good tho if there was more BG action, but mid largescale rvr simply doesnt happen if not one of a very select few individuals lead.
Ofc i dont know how the situation is in Hib but i imagine its somewhat the same - only albs seem to have the manpower to support non-elite rvr atm.

Its a damn shame really - would not want to play another mmorpg if only there were more people playing and more opportunity for fun rvr for those of us without a setgroup.

Lynzia

Fledgling Freddie
Aww sux..
No fun as solo vamp. either or? Making vamp so I can solo abit to, on god days... :(

Kami

Can't get enough of FH
That's not a lack of people it's a lack of community. one of the reasons I left for hibernia/excal.

more fool me :p

P.S. actually it is better there..

Danya

Fledgling Freddie
fotm quitter kami! =o

Ironically I quit daoc because of the lack of community on hib/exc...

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
hibs (at least on excal) seem to do fine getting non-fotm groups out, the "only run in RR12 groups" seems to be a purely midgard thing... (though there was a few of them out last week when they took our strength relic).

Vampiirs can solo just fine, they're effectively always buffed (don't need a buffbot) and are good at hunting down stealthers.

Ignore Fana ;) come back and play :)

Lynzia

Fledgling Freddie
Hehe I will :)
Allrdy a couble wow people back to daoc so far. (incl. a rl friend of mine) ..
So Keenfemale Vampiir soon rdy to go (if the shitty italian service dont take to long) :m00:

Any guild suggestions? Looking for friendly+active guild, dont need to do full guildgroup rr8/ml10+ each night, just need some to share words with, and farm artis/xp with now and then.. ;)

Fana

Fledgling Freddie
Flimgoblin said:
Ignore Fana ;) come back and play :)

Well im not telling anyone to stay away, quite the contrary, but he did ask about rvr activity, and it is lower than it used to be for non setgrp players.
I want more people to play so i hope he reactivates :)

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Flimgoblin said:
(don't need a buffbot)

isnt it "cant USE a buffbot"? i thought they dont get any benefits from buffs...

Bracken

Fledgling Freddie
Fana said:
Well im not telling anyone to stay away, quite the contrary, but he did ask about rvr activity, and it is lower than it used to be for non setgrp players.
I want more people to play so i hope he reactivates :)

Dunno about Midgard (though seemed to be enough of them last week ;)) but aslong as the expectation isn't to walk into a perfect set group then there is still plenty of rvr group/small group action...albeit lower this week because of catacombs release. Mixed groups are more do-able these days as not so many gank squads (though still a few around). Once the core basics of heals and cc are in place in a group (which will depend on realm ofc :p), there is opportunity for plenty of different classes to play now, more so than there has been since the early days of daoc. Good thing imo - hope it stays that way and we don't get too many l33t geeks come crawling back from DAOC to fuck up what seems to be a more relaxed atmosphere these days :p

Belomar

Part of the furniture
Ctuchik said:
isnt it "cant USE a buffbot"? i thought they dont get any benefits from buffs...
Only attribute buffs, like str, con, dex, qui and so on. A Vampiir can still make use of AF, haste, damage add, damage shield, etc, so if you are really into min-maxing, it is still possible. ;)

Herjulf

Banned
it might be fun i reckon, but something tells me you will find frontiers unfulfilling.

Depends though what class u play, and what realm.

I went wow, and atm dont regret it, as daoc was too much of a same old same old, and was sick of getting steamrolled by huge zergs over and over.
That and fatigue from powerplaying.

I might return some day in the future, if pvp rewards for example dont come into wow.
Then ill roll a Valkyrie i think or a Thane. Sissy caster .. no way.

Lynzia

Fledgling Freddie
Well nothing to lvl for at all in wow as it is pt... :(
Ranks? Woot ... Free itams, no thx!?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom