Hi ... Infil attack question please

S

silvertrek

Hi

I have just respecced my infil to 44cs and would like to know which are the best attacks now?

1) For normal unstealthed attack (dragonfang inclusive?)

2) Stealthed from the front

3) Stealthed from the back

4) Any other chain I should know of?

Many thanks for your help

V

villageidiot

Originally posted by silvertrek
Hi

I have just respecced my infil to 44cs and would like to know which are the best attacks now?

1) For normal unstealthed attack (dragonfang inclusive?)

2) Stealthed from the front

3) Stealthed from the back

4) Any other chain I should know of?

Many thanks for your help

garrote chain and hamstring chain/dragon fang as backup (both are evade styles)

pa chain ofc

bs2 chain

err, detaunt style and its follow up are very handy to use in pve as it gives a big defense bonus meaning theres a much much higher chance you will evade next round, so when fighting a mob and the fight could go either way use these two styles (in thrust line not cs) the follow up does decent enough damage.

think thats about all the styles/chains you need.

oh im pretty sure that you should be abe to evade then spam the evade chain for the whole 9 sec duration, seeing as tho he wont be attacking you again and so you will have always evaded his last attack for 9 secs, if that makes sense, any know that for sure?

my inf was slash so i never had df to check it out

O

old.LandShark

Yeah if you land dragonfang you can then go into hamstring. Same as in PvE if you perf a mob and evade it's attack, then creeping death lands, you can also use hamstring there.

S

silvertrek

Thanks ...but ...

Which styles form those chains ... I have just been using PvE attacks and so not know these chains of which you speak.

This is for RvR by the way ... no PvE now I am 50 :)

Thanks

L

lunar of excal

you got to lvl50 without knowing your attacks? PL i take it :p
try looking in CS styles for most of the above chains

O

old.LandShark

Hamstring, after evade, to leaper, to er....ripper? Which is apparently crap (never had it personally) so most people only use hamstring and leaper.

If you land Perforate and creeping death then you'll want to use hamstring with backup, because dragonfang's stun won't work on someone who's been creeping-death'ed. On anyone else you'll want to land dragonfang first so you can get some hamstring chains out for the nice damage.
Also, on hard or still-got-IP-up targets you'll probably want to save dragonfang (or Vanish RA->perf->CD) for when they're nearly dead, so you can stun 'em before they IP. In theory at least.. ;p

B

belth

Just spam DF, it's so über. Ask any Nightshade or SB, they'll agree without any hesitation.

S

Silenzio

not to be rude but... u respech or just bought the account?

anytime : garrote bkup on df then harmsting

(if u have lot ov end do the wole chain... if u low spam harmsting low end usage n good damage)

stealth front targ Pa (what else?)

From behind wyle stealthed BS2

J

Jiggs

2 questions:

1: how good it the 50 CS style (the last in the hamstring chain)?

2: is it worth the loss in DW to get it?

H

Hit ^_^

Originally posted by Jiggs
2 questions:

50Cs= NOT worth it. as style dosent do much more dmg and dmg in general dont get much higher.

W

witte-

Originally posted by Jiggs
2 questions:

i think 44CS is enough

S

silvertrek

Hi

Thanks for the tips (some I understand :) )

I didn't buy the account or anything just played PvE all the time and never really took notice of the other attacks available.

I just spammed de-taunt all the time to stop me getting agro.

Not wanting to be rude or ignorant but could someone post the attacks in long hand so i know what you are referring too?

Thanks

C

corentmm

Re: Hi

Originally posted by silvertrek

I just spammed de-taunt all the time to stop me getting agro.

aggro suggests a group - you must be a very odd/charming/lucky inf.

Abbreviations:

PA = Perforate Artery
CD = Creeping Death (PA follow-up)
bs2 = Backstab 2
(Critical strike styles)

DF = Dragonfang
(Level 50 thrust style)

Can't help you with what they actually DO - I'm always on the business end of them.

http://www.camelotherald.com/styles/ might help a bit but some chains for infs overlap style lines it seems.

H

hellige

dual shadows, or whatever the lvl 50dw front pos style is called
backup with df and evade chains

if ur not 50dw/50thrus, go buy a new acc with a proper specc

=P

S

Sadireh

Don't forget Stunning Stab after Creeping Death.

As for Garotte and your De-taunt. Garotte gives you a defensive penalty... meaning you will get hit more. De-Taunt gives you a defensive bonus...meaning you will get hit less. Vary the styles depending on your target, if your attacking a tank, as an assist, use garotte, but if your attacking a tank thats attacking you back, you better de-taunt to stay alive. In my opinion anyway, garotte will get you killed.

E

[e]

ffs man...at lvl 50 you should know how your damn caracter works...

V

Vasconcelos

Originally posted by Sadireh

As for Garotte and your De-taunt. Garotte gives you a defensive penalty... meaning you will get hit more. De-Taunt gives you a defensive bonus...meaning you will get hit less. Vary the styles depending on your target, if your attacking a tank, as an assist, use garotte, but if your attacking a tank thats attacking you back, you better de-taunt to stay alive. In my opinion anyway, garotte will get you killed.

DISCLAIMER: personal opinion here

Hummm, the real problem with Garrote+Achilles is not the defensive penalty (the damage output compensates far enuff the penalty), but the terrible end usage.
That doesnt mean its a bad combo, but in my opinion you should use it carefully n depending on the situation. Use it against casters, they drop fast enuff before your end bar goes down (and provides hinder effect like a little snare). Also usefull to drop fast an injured enemy.

Against stealthers (both assasins and archers) low end styles seems to be the correct option. These fights last longer enuff to find yourself out of end quickly if you abuse from Garrote. Use Puncture+Lunge or if you prefer less damage and defensive bonus, use Tranquilize+Wyvernfang. Anyways, your best friend here is Dragonfang followed by Hamstring .

Against tanks. Well, o/c i suggest ya to get the whole PA chain on em and don't use straight mele (maybe against low RR w/o IP/Purge, epic armors,...). They have many hps n solid armor so you will do better only using the evade reactionaries (Hamstring chain, or DFang routine if they dont have stun inmunity timer active). However, if you miss PA, or the tank is a savage ( :lol: ), or hes buffed, dont surprise yourself if he wipes the floor with your corpse.

When assisting: use positionals. Pierce n ShadowsEdge chain for back positional, or BasiliskFang n Flank chain for side postionals. All high damage styles and low end usage.

My rusty 2 cents

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom