Hey.

M

~Mobius~

Yay a forum for this game.
So will anyone play when its out? Its quite a while away but my guild has been preparing for 6 months already.
You can find more information at www.middle-earthonline.com

F

Firap

Were I you, I would be fearful of the fact that Turbine are programming it...

X

Xtro

Never even heard of it until I saw this forum.

M

~Mobius~

Yeah I was a bit worried at first but if you check the website and forums,and also www.lotr.com there doing a good job of listening to the gamers.
Alot of ideas we have introduced on the official forum have already been approved by Turbine and will be introduced into the game. :)

So far it sounds excellent, graphics look awesome and they promise it will stick to the Tolkien story.
And to be honest what would be more fun than running around a virtual Middle Earth. :)

R

razorboy

Always wanted to be part of that world after I read the book, so I'm sure gonna try it :)

T

Tasans

Originally posted by Firap
Were I you, I would be fearful of the fact that Turbine are programming it...

If you remember that sierra was preparing to launch this game before they closed, i say thank god that someone else took it.

C

Cyradix

I think most of us will take a look at it just because it is lotr :D

R

razorboy

Now that I think of it, I can't wait to go to Minas Tirith etc :p

K

krait

Would be nice if they could work Beleriand into it as well :)

M

~Mobius~

The developers have said only certain areas are available at release, I think the lands of Eriador but apparently there will be expansions with new areas all the time.

D

Dwarfdeep

I'll be playing MEO when its out yeah. Think new areas open in order of the LOTR books (remember it being mentioned somewhere ;) )

F

Faeldawn

Shades of SW:G, using a big name fantasy setting of such immense popularity to generate a mmorpg will always dissappoint, it's inevitable.

D

Dwarfdeep

I can cope with a little disappointment, as long as it doesn't completely suck ;)

S

sharpbits

I'll play even if it does suck... the graphics will entertain me for a while at least.

F

Fafnir

Originally posted by sharpbits
I'll play even if it does suck... the graphics will entertain me for a while at least.
Ohhhh no not the smell in here!!!! :p Guess i'm gonna try it out too, but looking forward to Horizon in about 2 months time first.

S

sharpbits

Pfff i own this forum. MEO is mine cos im the only one who checks it regularly :( Shame its PvE only or i might be able to stab u faf...

M

~Mobius~

I check all the time but no one posts here AND I'm the one who asked for this forum! *cwies* :(

D

Dwarfdeep

Well its a little early yet, not even into Beta. This forum should be quite busy once the Beta starts tho :)

I check here quite regularly too ;)

O

old.azorius

I check here every so often.

This game is the Holy Grail for me, so very much looking forward to being named 'Azorius, Lord of Moria'

Cheers

Azo

S

sharpbits

I dunno what I'm gonna be called, probably 'GIMP' as usual but it should rule anyway. Are elves gonna be allowed in Moria? I don't want to be a short person but I will want to live in a cave with my dwarven buddies ;) Summer 2004 its set for release so maybe the beta in spring... here's hoping...

D

Dwarfdeep

Um not too sure about that mate, perhaps if you got a fake beard from somewhere we might let you in.

Oh yeah and hide them damn pointy ears!

D

del_eneste

Never heard of this game b4 until I checked here.. gonna go have a look at that link :)

C

Crashtje

i cannt _wait_ til it comes out :p gonna get onto beta hopefully :p

D

del_eneste

Hmm abit confused about this looking through the site.. you make a char like DAoC for example..then you can kills mobs to get drops etc... but is there any player vs player stuff?

D

Dwarfdeep

Is there Player vs. Player content?
Yes, we are dedicated to allowing player versus player conflicts in a way that is consistent with the world of Tolkien.

Direct from the site mate ;)

www.middle-earthonline.com

Suggest everyone checks out the FAQ btw, looks good.

D

del_eneste

Originally posted by Dwarfdeep
Is there Player vs. Player content?
Yes, we are dedicated to allowing player versus player conflicts in a way that is consistent with the world of Tolkien.

Direct from the site mate ;)

www.middle-earthonline.com

Suggest everyone checks out the FAQ btw, looks good.
Bah nerf me being lazy :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom