Heros...

G

glorien_

Just been looking at hero specs etc. and speccing a hero seems quite complecated - different specs ive come up with are:

50 cs 39 blades 42 shield 6 parry

50 cs 42 shield 39 parry 6 blades

50 cs 42 shield rest parry

was just wondering what u heros thought of these specs and/or different specs

thanks for your time

O

old.willowywicca

all of those specs could also be 50 LW instead of CS..

another spec to consider is:

50 LW or CS, 42 shield, 34 1hander rest parry (20~ I think)

R

.Raewyn

Go for LW imo, cause Anhillation rocks and CS aint as good as it used to be.

The most popular spec is: 42 shield, 50 LW, 39 parry, 6 blades

50 LW for Anhillation, 42 shield for slam, 39 parry should provide decent defence when using LW and 6 blades is for the taunt style to use in PvE.

T

TaF

Originally posted by .Raewyn
50 LW for Anhillation, 42 shield for slam, 39 parry should provide decent defence when using LW and 6 blades is for the taunt style to use in PvE.

Btw 6 blades .. You won't be out-taunting anyone really, I personally use spear to get aggro then switch to shield when i am in group.

The spec i will go when i hit 50 is: 50 spear/ 34 blades/ 42 shield/ 20 parry. Mainly 34 1handed weapon because i like having more styles, rather than spamming taunt all time, add to that Your weaponskill is somewhere around 700 unbuffed .. not too good while You're trying to tank high level mobs imo.

Why i go spear ? Cause everyone says go LW.
Also i am a lurikeen :) . Lurikeen spearo = teh cute :>

P

Petronella

I think you can lower parry though and raise what other weapontype you wish as you parry more with 2h then 1h

Q

Qte Eth

celtic spear :eek:
and yeah all go LW \m/
cs=teh sook

G

glorien_

thx for all ure replies guys - helped alot :)

O

old.Greggor

Anhillation4tehwin

50 LW 42 Shield 34 parry 20 blades/blunt

In the US they are doing a style review CS should get bumped up at few pegs

C

Cernos

I'm currently:

50 LW, 42 shield, 39 parry, 6 blades.

After 1.62 and the respec, I will be:

50 LW, 42 shield, 34 blades, 20 parry.

The reason is that running in a group in RvR you rarely need parry much - usually you're either chasing someone, or someone is chasing you (while you chase someone). Parry is only of much use in duels and 1 on 1.

On the other hand, 6 blades is too low for RvR if you like to slam anyone reliably. Weaponskill factors into chance to slam (which already has no to-hit bonus). 6 blades = low weaponskill when wielding S+S. 34 blades (+11 + RR) helps overcome this. It also means you're able to do slightly better than pathetic damage with S+S while bubble bursting.

Cernos

V

vindicat0r

Originally posted by Qte Eth
celtic spear :eek:
and yeah all go LW \m/
cs=teh sook

Your distain for CS Wouldnt have anything to do with the fact ur a healer and dont like thrust users :D ?

Thrust pwnz Support charcs. If your going in a solid RvR grp that has another Hero let him be LW and u can be the support slayer, with 50 cs any chain wearer will feel ur spear :D

CLass'es weak to Thrust:
Mid: Healer < KILL!! > , Skald , Shaman < KILL!! >, Warrior, Thane :D.

Alb: Cleric < KILL!!> , Merc , Reaver , Minstrel.

As for casters it doesnt matter :D

Yes having Anhil is v useful but then again u have slam. Slam is more versatile but misses more and takes more end. Anhil is high dmg and rear stun but slow. If on caster u must remove bt first then swing so frontloading that stun isnt an option unless /assisting.

IMO go CS as a Hero and leave the Champs LW as if all mele'ers go same dmg type thats bad for the group. CS line will get love soon :)

M

matax

Originally posted by old.willowywicca
50 LW or CS, 42 shield, 34 1hander rest parry (20~ I think)

My spec :) (well when I finally make 50!)

Good solid spec.

42 shield for slam.
34 1H for PvE and for hitting bubble users, or when end is run out and you want high defence or you are protecting casters/healers. You won't kill fast, but at least you'll get there eventually ;)
50 CS to whip out your spear once you've slammed them and wallop them :)

CS/LW debate. Well LW is a bit better atm as it has better styles. CS used to be the best as it was the hardest hitter, it got reduced somewhere along the line.
Personally I'm CS just because a) everyone else is LW ;) b) I like the look of it - and why not :D
Also, as mentioned, the review of all the styles that Mythic are meant to be doing at some point could well see some benefits to CS at last.

F

Freppe^^

I dont really like LW tbh. Back when i had my char i did some duels with only LW vs CS and CS was better at that, Somehow^^.
Did this vs a rr7 lw hero and i myself was r6l7 at that time. Anyways CS styles is way better than LW n do more dmg to support.
Really, why ya wanna do dmg to tanks?
Thats suxs, its support u wanna clear out first anyway. So lw wernt even a option for me. CS all the way n if i would remake a hero once again i would do 50 CS 29 blade 42 shield 26 parry.
But imo, do ur own spec, but a 42 shield is a must :)

O

old.willowywicca

I reckon after 1.62.. CS will be better than LW.. cos you then get a no immunity snare effect on the behind pos CS style.. which is really better than anni, cos you can't kill anything during that stun duration these days anyway (unless you're assising, in which case you could be hitting em with a fish and it wouldn't matter since 5 guys are beating on the target)

O

old.Aure

6 1h is probably an outdated spec, slam rates are less with lower weaponskill as Cernos has mentioned.

50 LW or CS, 42 shield, 18 1h, 35 parry. This works for me.

Works pretty well with +11 + r ranks and slam hits ok. Even 1h equiv 2/3rd spec at rr5 or so. Group parry apparently fixed in 1.62 and blocks seem worse for 2h users so I dunno re lowering that parry.

Some suggestion that styles will be fixed in 1.64 with back crush for blunt 1h maybe having snare effect so all will change yet again...You may therefore want to raise 1h to min of 25. Can still get parry close to 50 with rr and items and mo parry.

O

opoc

Originally posted by Cernos

On the other hand, 6 blades is too low for RvR if you like to slam anyone reliably. Weaponskill factors into chance to slam (which already has no to-hit bonus). 6 blades = low weaponskill when wielding S+S.

Even with my 50+14 blunt my slam misses lots anyways :(

E

Event

I have a luri hero alt I want to give luv 2 atm and have a few questions about the 50 LW/CS, 42 shield, 34 blades, 20 parry spec.

1. As a luri would 34 pierce be equally as viable as 34 blades with respect to dmg and styles?

2. Has the link beteen 1H wep skill and slam been verified?

3. How do you change from S/S to CS/LW in the middle of melee effectively?

Cheers...

C

Cernos

1. Quite possibly, since pierce is str/dex based and luris have good dex (and dex does raise as a tertiary for a hero). Note however that some of the best styles in pierce chain off of an evade, and Heroes don't do that much with Evade 1.

2. Yes I believe so, have seen it confirmed on IGN boards but I lack a reference. Subjectively speaking, I noticed a big difference in success of slams when I dropped from 34+11 blades to 6+9. It's true to say that people with 50+x still miss plenty of slams, but nowhere near as bad as 6+x.

3. Easily. Place your 1-hander on a quickbar slot, your 2-hander on another quickbar slot. Equipping your 1-hander also equips your shield automatically. I usually run with shield out, slam someone, then hit my quickbar for the 2-hander and then hit a style.

Cernos

O

old.Anpu

Originally posted by Cernos
1. Quite possibly, since pierce is str/dex based and luris have good dex (and dex does raise as a tertiary for a hero). Note however that some of the best styles in pierce chain off of an evade, and Heroes don't do that much with Evade 1.

Thats not quite true, tarantula does as much damage as diamond back and is prolly the best block style for hibs.

/Anpu

E

Event

Has anyone tried a spec without any parry at all so 1H wep an be raised even higher than 34? - I say this coz parrying anything seems to be a rarity and would be with 20 parry for example...

C

Cernos

Originally posted by Event
Has anyone tried a spec without any parry at all so 1H wep an be raised even higher than 34? - I say this coz parrying anything seems to be a rarity and would be with 20 parry for example...

Well you could try 50 LW/CS, 42 Shield, 39 Blades/Blunt/Pierce, 6 Parry.

This could work fine on the basis that when you want to do big damage you will have the 2-hander out and won't be worrying much about defence. And then when you want to be more defensive, you'll be using 1h+shield and the shield will handle the defense but you'll still do reasonable damage. Also, if you're wanting to use off-block chains, you don't want to parry too often anyway.

Parry 6 + 11 + RR5 + MasterOfParry 2 still equals an effective 33 Parrry, which means you'll still parry occasionally.

Add this to Shield 42 + 11 + RR5 + MasterOfBlocking 2 and you have a pretty respectable defense and all the damage output that 50 LW (or CS) and 39 Blades (or Blunt/Pierce) brings.

I might give it a try myself when 1.62 arrives as quite frankly 39 parry is a waste, unless you duel a lot (which I don't). Only real problem will be the spellcrafting headache of trying and get +11 on four different skills (i.e. LW, Blades, Shield and Parry). But if 5-spec Shadowblades can manage it ...

Cernos

E

Event

Changing the subject slightly :-

1. What style combos do u spearos use most commonly in pve and rvr?

2. Given i am considering a spec with very low parry does it matter that i wont get to use the off-parry chain very much?

M

mele

With ly old hero i have lost most of duels VS lw cause they stun with shield and then make 2 backstyle hit and it hurst(using 2 handed slash weap) but I Will say in 1 vs 1 CS vs LW without shield stun.Cs Win cause Not opening styles r better and Parry Combo Rocks.
Old Nagash Necrarka lvl 50 Hero

O

old.Greggor

Originally posted by Event
Changing the subject slightly :-

1. What style combos do u spearos use most commonly in pve and rvr?

2. Given i am considering a spec with very low parry does it matter that i wont get to use the off-parry chain very much?

Parry chain is the only chain u will have

if u dont parry u with be using taunt style all the time

Eagle talon is way too end draining

Snare chain but u will only use the starter when snares get fixed.

Evade chain lol Evade 1 bah.

LW much more useful

V

vintervargen

Originally posted by old.Anpu
Thats not quite true, tarantula does as much damage as diamond back and is prolly the best block style for hibs.

/Anpu

totally true, tarantula does more dmg then diamondback on my hero.

also very good for guard, brutalize + tarantula

Users who are viewing this thread