Impressed Heroes of the Storm

wolfeeh

One of Freddy's beloved
So, is anyone else participating in Heroes of the Storm Alpha testing?

old.Osy

No longer scrounging, still a bastard.
And you lost me. Is it similar in gameplay to Dota and/or League of Legends?

ECA

I am a FH squatter
Neither really.
There are no items, exp is shared across the team.

It's like an ultra casual version of a moba.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
It has the blizzard "cool playing this character" going for it, otherwise i'm not sure i want to get into it much as i play dota afterall.

That being said i think the gameplay might be different enough to warrant a game now and then, or just for lore reasons(since it's free i believe).

Regarding alpha testing games, again no thanks, i do it for a living so i really don't want to do it on my free time :p

mooSe_

FH is my second home
I just got an invite for this. I'm Moose#2217 if anyone wants to play

Seems really simple and straight forward compared to other MOBAs. That's not really a bad thing for me though; I never got into Dota2 because I couldn't be bothered to learn how to play properly and I'm not sure that I'm looking for a new game to take seriously anyway. With this I felt like I understood everything straight away. I'm not sure if that means that it has less potential as an esports title or not though. LoL has more players than Dota2 despite having less depth right? Seems like Blizzards strategy is to undercut league by being even more simple :p

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Tried it out, not much time due to wow, but it seems solid. Snacksize dota :p

wolfeeh

One of Freddy's beloved
been playing this some more lately, wondering if anyone has been invited to the beta testing stage / bought into it?

ive started to play with some other characters instead of just Raynor ALL THE TIME. to be fair I rock with raynor but i'm now starting to get pretty good with uther and muradin.... Zaraga is surprisingly fun to play too. I just need a few thousand coins now because I want arthas and the siege tank.

cog

Can't get enough of FH
I got into the beta a few weeks ago and played it a fair bit until work took over again, enjoyed it for the most part. I used to play a lot of LoL (never really got into dota) and appreciated that the games were over quicker :)

Really enjoyed abathur but it was hard to play him with randoms who didn't really understand what was going on so I started mostly playing the Pudge-alike. Zaraga looked fun but I never got round to trying him. I did like how there was more emphasis on team fights and skirmishes as well. I think the initial impression of over-simplification wasn't quite as bad as I had imagined.

mooSe_

FH is my second home
Does anyone need a beta key for this? My inbox is getting clogged up with beta keys...

Syri

FH is my second home
I wouldn't mind giving it a shot, not had anything so far, and don't really want to pay to test it, already doing enough of that with WoW...

mooSe_

FH is my second home
Sent you one. I've still got a couple left if anyone else wants.

Shagrat

I am a FH squatter
I've got some beta keys as well got some sent through today.

quite enjoying it so far, matches are much quicker than dota,

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
They keep sending me beta keys for characters, latest being Demon Hunter but never really got into the lane games so cba to even try it.

mooSe_

FH is my second home
Sent you one. Just noticed they've sent me 4 more. I'm getting them faster than I can give them away...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom