Hero the right choice or not?

D

Danamyr

Right, I shall say straight away that I have 2 accounts, so those that feel inclined, go right ahead and burn me at the stake :)

I play my Champion (Lvl 12) with my Druid (Lvl 12 - Full Nuture). My Champion is presently specced LW 12, Valor 10 and Parry 4.

I am not at all impressed with his effectiveness against orange and red mobs. It seems to take years to level (last night spent pulling yellow/orange con mobs near Parth Farm resulted in 5.8 beads of XP), and the lack of End Regen sucks :(

The questions are:

1. Is my current spec the right one? Which is the most important line to keep to my level, LW or Valor?

2. Considering that this character will always be played with my Druid, am I better off with a Hero instead? Which of the two is the best damage dealer?

I am comparing this combo to my Mid/Excal combo of Zerker and Shaman, which to be honest trounces any combo I have seen in Hib or Alb for sheer levelling power. I accept that many people consider the Zerker/Shaman combo to be overpowered, but I cannot help feeling my present characters are the poor relations when I play for 4 hours, die 3 times and barely get 5 beads of XP at Lvl 12.

I had thought that perhaps I should drop the BB for now and try and group normally, but I am not 100% certain what I shall do there.

I have already tried the Champ/Bard combo to get End Regen, but then the buffs were crap, and so were the heals.

TIA :)

Sensible advise please...

M

matax

One point. If you've got a spec. line of Valor, then your Hero is in fact a Champion - maybe thats the problem, wrong class ;)

D

Danamyr

Originally posted by matax
One point. If you've got a spec. line of Valor, then your Hero is in fact a Champion - maybe thats the problem, wrong class ;)

LOL :) Well noticed S'ah! :)

O

old.Anpu

My champ has LW on level and the rest split evenly between parry and valor, with putting pts in parry first.
Most of damage comes from the parry chain and the con debuff, so high parry is a must for soloing.
Worked great for me even w/o a BB.

/Anpu

O

old.Greggor

Well champ has it own STR/CON buff with is better than the druid buff (at higher lvls)

So with this a champ/bard combo is good.

Spice has recently lvled a LW champ bard combo and he has really enjoyed it :)

Users who are viewing this thread