Hero RAs

K

Kobold

well, i'm not totally sure whet to go for now, either mopain3, aom3, PF or AP. give opinions please.

I heared lot saying i should get PF, but any LW heros tried it? is it worth it before those other RAs etc...

N

Novamir

aom 3 = the suck (has virtually no benefit over aom2 due to diminishing returns)

mop3 = is nice but i respecced out for AP3

PF = uber for dual wielders with no stun, but imo for heros with slam/annihil theres no need (although some hybrid heros have it)

AP = well i love it to bits. recently respecced to get AP3 over AP2.

O

old.Reno

Originally posted by Novamir
PF = uber for dual wielders with no stun, but imo for heros with slam/annihil theres no need (although some hybrid heros have it)
Pf does still work on those ppl with stun immunity and the ones that are running just outside style range.
And since it seems to proc a lot more than it should be, it's still highly recommended for slam/lw users.

Danita

O

old.Tzeentch

PF = uber.
PF = passive anytime 35% chance to proc an unbreakable massive snare with no immunity from the rear arc.

more hibs need to get this, save your mages, bards, druids, whatever else, and get this.

S

Sleet

aom 3 = the suck (has virtually no benefit over aom2 due to diminishing returns)

mmmm :/

saving for aom 3 atm and need 2 more points....it really worth avoiding ?

any others agree/disagree?

N

Novamir

i'm sorry but there's no way i could be convinced that i need PF for *14* points when i already have slam and annihil for 90% of the times i need stopping power (other 10% the enemy might happen to have stun immunity timer).

D

Dinfar

Ive just respecced to PF, cuz i've experienced that even if you slam and anni twice (1 anni might even miss cuz of bubble) the enemy will just run after after stun weares off. One of the other LW users i know that have PF says its uber. So in the long run, i think its worth it.

E

Ebonn

Originally posted by Sleet
mmmm :/

saving for aom 3 atm and need 2 more points....it really worth avoiding ?

any others agree/disagree?

lvl 1 and 2 is well worth it, have to agree with Nova on lvl 3 though, points could be better spent elsewhere.

E

exe

agree with nova about pf, lw hero doesnt need it imo>.< aom>2 is a waste as well

N

Novamir

im not saying PF is bad. just that basically you need 2 hits to be odds on for getting a snare proc (50%+). bm gets those two chances on their first swing, and probably swing again between 3-4sec. hero on the other hand doesn't have an offhand to make proc chance good, and requires two hits (at least 5 seconds) just to break even.

dunno, jury's out. if i was a bm i'd definitely get it though.

D

Dinfar

dunno, jury's out. if i was a bm i'd definitely get it though.

u hit like a bm though :lol: :lol:

:p

O

old.Tzeentch

lol dinf

ok

put it in this sense

virtually every mid grp i come across has pf

some alb grps do too, most notably gunner has it

this one RA _heavily_ fucks me up as a bard, i cant sprint away, i cant start end song up cus i will never get out of the enemy range..

just imagine putting it on their tanks when they chase your casters, or on the mid healer as he is perma sprinting, or the mid zerker on your slash vulnerable druid..

very, very powerful.

your stun lasts 9 seconds, enemy zerk needs to purge and your stun is useless for 1 minute, in the meantime he has killed your bard, druid and 2 casters. or at least smacked them for 600+

whereas with pf it doesnt matter if he purges, you just re-apply it.

this _is_ very uber nova, if you dont have it, strongly recommend you try it soon. doesnt require any special action from you or anything, you just hit as normal.

and something ozri once said that the proc chance also scales with the dps on weap, so not sure that its better for faster weap or not.

Q

Qte Eth

wonder why pure mages dont get anything special like this PF for pure tanks,coz the higher rr tank is the more uber he is ,with all those uber actives & mainly uber passives avail( det ,pf),while mage after rr6 like stays same ~
aswell it kinda makes hybrids like champs look a bit strange at r7+ compared to heros ,coz they aswell stay same while heros improve and i cant say that those dd,debuffs and snare is fair change for determ, pf and cheap ip,purge
and i dunno all tanks have it ofc,but uninteruptible perma snare aint very fun tbh in most cases..regardless of realm

O

old.Mitsu

Never heard about anyone who bought PF and didn't love every bit of it. ;)

Would get it if champs could.

T

tankster

i would respec first :eek:

but i say mopain to 3 and aom 2 and then pf yes :)

u are a big firb and people will run away from u ;)

its nice if those people stick to your big hammer when they try to run :D

O

old.Zarko

Better late than never,

I am a spearo and currently using low spd spear, and PF still rox0rs my box0rs - well worth 14rps....

Regarding AP3, i think its been proven a few times on VN boards that AoP2 and Armor of Faith2 is better than AP3. Last i belive AP2 is a rr8l5+ thingie (might be the fact that you really need the first 14rps to get PF).

D

Dinfar

I have tried PF in RVR now and I looooooove it :D
Dosnt go off everytime i try to kill a healer or smth, but the times it do.... :clap:

U

ulke

Had PF on my zerk at rr2, then respecced to IP,purge etc etc, then felt that I HAD to have PF so at rr4 i respecced back to pf :)
PF>>any other ra, atleast as a dualwhielder, to bad savages dont get to choose PF :/

Users who are viewing this thread