Hero RA

T

tomee

What RA would u reccomend for a hero.

I currenlty have FA2 IP PURGE AUG DEX 2 MOP 1 MOB 1 aug con 1

Shield and sword hero 50 shield 50 blades 28 parry.
I like to be good in grps but also ability to solo

O

old.Xanthian

Prevent Flight
Mastery of Blocking 4
Determination 5
Aug Dex 4
Purge

Drop IP :p

R

Ravenbourne

IP is very usefull when solo and sometimes in groups, full heal is very nice. Get Det 5 as your 1st priority though

T

tomee

Determination 5 is it any good for solo one on one fights or mainly just for grp RVR..

Reason i ask i find it hard to get rvr grps and sometimes try to solo ( TRY)

B

boni_ofdavoid

Originally posted by old.Xanthian

Aug Dex 4

16 spec points for 12 extra dex, no thanks. Better would be :-

IP
or
Aom2 / Master of pain 3.

Im fairly sceptical how much good Master of Blocking and extra dex is over a certain level, not sure I would go MoB4 with a 50spec in shield...

B

boni_ofdavoid

Originally posted by tomee
Determination 5 is it any good for solo one on one fights or mainly just for grp RVR..

Reason i ask i find it hard to get rvr grps and sometimes try to solo ( TRY)

Det isnt much use for soloing in my experience, better off with some AoM, MoParry/Pain etc. IP essential for soloing.

Your gonna need prevent flight as an s/s soloer, you dont have the damage output that a LW or CS hero does to mess em up real bad quickly so they will just leggit if losing, youll need the snare from pf to stop that.

O

old.Emma

Purge
Det 4
FA2
IP
Aug Con 3
AP 2-3
Aug Dex 2
MoPain 3
MoB 3
MoParry 3
Tougness 2
AoM 2 (good until 1.65 hits the EU)

the combination of ip + ap means you`ll be one tough mofo to take down, very good when you have those fotm savages/mercs on your ass ;p

X

xfear

my Ras are : purge,det 5, aom 1, long wind 1, aug dex 2, mob 5, mop 1

and im going for mop 3 atm

B

boni_ofdavoid

Originally posted by xfear
my Ras are : purge,det 5, aom 1, long wind 1, aug dex 2, mob 5, mop 1

and im going for mop 3 atm

no prevent flight?

Do you notice any difference between mob3 and mob 4/5?

B

barevoose

i got (this is also the order i got them):
FA2
IP
Purge
Dex2
Mob2
Det2

wil be spending my next points on mob3 then det 3 then mob 4 etc and then im going for AP2 and after that onto mopain

X

xfear

Originally posted by boni_ofdavoid
no prevent flight?

Do you notice any difference between mob3 and mob 4/5?

why do i want PF when i use a 2 hand weapon ? PF is very useless for heros, when i have a 5.7 speed weapon, and when i have a back style that gives enough snare.
PF is for BMs, that hit with 2 weapons and each 2 secs
And mob 5 , well , vs 2 hand weapon tanks, i guard the same, but vs savages, zerkers, mercs, etc, the diference is very big, i can guard a mage from 3 savages during 10-15 secs without any heals for the mage, and if i have red buffs ofc

B

boni_ofdavoid

why do i want PF when i use a 2 hand weapon ? PF is very useless for heros, when i have a 5.7 speed weapon, and when i have a back style that gives enough snare.
PF is for BMs, that hit with 2 weapons and each 2 secs

I havent had it long but I like PF just for the free snares when an enemy tries to run. As far as I know the chance of a proc is weighted by weapons speed, so it doesnt matter what speed, its just better for bms cause they have 2 different weapons to proc it with, still works half as well for heros regardless of weapon speed.

O

old.Garax

why do i want PF when i use a 2 hand weapon ? PF is very useless for heros

Because PF is _teh_ RA for anyone who can get it. And if you think that PF is useless for hero's i advise you to try and play your chosen class a bit better.

O

old.Xanthian

PF is really designed for an offensive tank, when your stood guarding mages from enemy tanks, prevent flight is the last thing you want.

X

xfear

Originally posted by old.Garax
Because PF is _teh_ RA for anyone who can get it. And if you think that PF is useless for hero's i advise you to try and play your chosen class a bit better.

well , i used PF during 4 months, and in that 4 months i won 2 millons of RPS, so i think that i used it a lot, and 90% of times i killed my enemy before the PF procced, in 3-5 hits the PF didnt proc, so cba to use it, and well atm LA is inviting me only in his mage groups, so the PF is useless there :p

V

VodkaFairy

Well.. if you want to solo I'd get:

det3-4
aug dex 2
moblock3
moparry3
mopain3
ip
purge
aug con3
AP3
lw1
pf at higher rr

And if you want to duo / join groups I'd get:

det5
purge
pf
moblock5
lw1

Your best bet is probably to get the ra's you can use both solo and in groups well.. det, purge, ip, mob, moparry/pain etc

O

old.Icebreaker

Thats my r10l10 ra's i will have when i hit this realmrank (so in the year 2012)

Aug Str 2

Aug Con 2

Aug Dex 3

Toughness 2

Mastery of blocking 4

Mastery of Parry 1

Mastery of Pain 3

Det 4

Prevent Flight

Ip

Purge

Mastery of Blocking 5 is a waste of Points. Gives you very little compared to the points you spend. Rather get Prevent Flight.

Avoid Pain is for Heros useless too. Better for Stealther and other solo classes

P

Phelicia

My Hero will be(10l10):

Det 5
Aug Dex 3
MoB 3
LW 1
Purge
Toughness 2
Aug Con 3
MoPain 4
MoParrying 2
PF
Aug Str 2
Aug Qui 1

(Not in that order)

Druid:

GP
Purge
MCL 1
BoL
Aug Acuity 3
Wild Healing 3
Mastery of the Art 4
MoC
Serenity 2
Mastery of the Arcane 2

(Was just thrown together in a jiff)

O

old.Emma

Originally posted by Phelicia
My Hero will be(10l10):

Det 5
Aug Dex 3
MoB 3
LW 1
Purge
Toughness 2
Aug Con 3
MoPain 4
MoParrying 2
PF
Aug Str 2
Aug Qui 1

(Not in that order)

Druid:

GP
Purge
MCL 1
BoL
Aug Acuity 3
Wild Healing 3
Mastery of the Art 4
MoC
Serenity 2
Mastery of the Arcane 2

(Was just thrown together in a jiff)

Personally i`d put MoC near the top of the list along side GP/Purge before passives atleast. MoC will save you alot more than a crit on a heal or a split second faster casting time.

B

boni_ofdavoid

Originally posted by old.Icebreaker
Mastery of Blocking 5 is a waste of Points. Gives you very little compared to the points you spend. Rather get Prevent Flight.

Glad someone agrees with me on that ;)

C

Cadwyr.

Without wanting to sound obvious our ra's need to fit your role in rvr, I found pf awesome presonally, but dropped it when I went full time guard bot. But I'd say any tank who has 2hand spec should get it, imo it's well worth the points.

I'm gonna take master of blocking to 4 as soon as I can get a ra respec and dump i/p f/a (for the second time) I'ts only worth the points if ur gonna solo and, u wont find too many oppertunities to do that unless u like to rvr first thing in the morning.

Cant see much point in taking Aug dex too high, just use a decent buff bot imo. Other points to note are aom is gettin nerfed soon and hopfully master of arms is gonna get fixed.

Ofc if u want to be diffrent u could always try mow5 :)

W

wuntvor

Originally posted by old.Icebreaker
Thats my r10l10 ra's i will have when i hit this realmrank (so in the year 2012)

Aug Str 2

Aug Con 2

Aug Dex 3

Toughness 2

Mastery of blocking 4

Mastery of Parry 1

Mastery of Pain 3

Det 4

Prevent Flight

Ip

Purge

Avoid Pain is for Heros useless too. Better for Stealther and other solo classes

What is the last RA you buy in this plan?

Prevent Fight would be mine, interested to know what other Hero's think

V

VodkaFairy

True mob5 is expensive, but guarding is the most important thing you do

so i'd say get the ra's to make you best at guarding

;p

B

boni_ofdavoid

Originally posted by VodkaFairy
True mob5 is expensive, but guarding is the most important thing you do

so i'd say get the ra's to make you best at guarding

;p

imho the best thing a hero does, is stay alive, take damage and deal damage to support classes . A big waste of a character spot if you are just a shield for some crappy mage who probably does the same damage as you unless debuffed /guarded and sucking up the druid instas.

Ofc this is all a balance, a good hero can do both and imho should split his RA's so he can both guard and be offensive. Blaa 5 ras costs too much, and people are falling into a one sighted view of their character. A versatile hero can do everything depending on the situation.

B

boni_ofdavoid

Originally posted by wuntvor
What is the last RA you buy in this plan?

Prevent Fight would be mine, interested to know what other Hero's think

Tougness 2 ofc. Who needs 80 more hit points when you have Moose,IP, 2.2k+ hps to start with. lol.

Aug dex 3, and aug str 2 I would also put at a low priority. 6points these give, just 6! like that makes any difference when your stat is 300+, err well under 2% difference ;)

O

old.Icebreaker

The last things i get are everything what has to do with my con, so aug con, toughness etc. And Mastery of Pain

Users who are viewing this thread