HERO -- Ono's *most* anticipated film of 2003

O

Ono

Think Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon but bigger and better! Loads of spectacular sword fights and a story line to die for.

Starring Jet Li , Zhang Ziyi (CTHD), Donny Yuen (Iron Monkey), Tony Leung and Maggie Cheung (both in In the Mood for Love).

Directed by Zhang Yimou (Raise the Red Lantern & The Road Home)

Martial Art Choreographed by Yuen Wo Ping (Matrix, CTHD)

Trailer and news from Monkey Peaches

First review from Here

A DVD release is expected in February in the Far East (the film opens in Hong Kong tomorrow).

Can't wait. :clap:

E

ECA

I thought CTHD was a bit pish by KFC standards.

M

mank!

Originally posted by Ono
Think Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon but bigger and better!

Oh god no. I hated CTHD with a passion.

O

Ono

I love CTHD - although I can understand how many kids would not. :p

M

mank!

It's simply not my type of movie, I don't much like martial arts etc. It was impressive visually, but I didn't really enjoy it much :)

And don't call me a goat, or I'll nibble at your ankles.

E

ECA

CTHD makes me laugh tbh.

All the stupid critics proclaiming it as the art house movie of the year.

have they never watched a KFC film?

lol.

The martial arts stuff was also poor compared to other shining examples of the genre.

D

doh_boy

ummmm, I don't want to sound stupid but
what does KFC stand for?

Korean Film Company?

or has ECA revealed his passion for chicken pr0n? :)p)

L

legendario

chicken pr0n tbh.

Jenna Jameson in Zinger Twister.

O

Ono

Originally posted by ECA

The martial arts stuff was also poor compared to other shining examples of the genre.

It didn't pitch itself as an KFC film. It was a serious film with KF bits in. The story was just as important as the fighting and the acting was spot on.

Having said that - all the major fight scenes were beautifully shot.

L

legendario

I actually liked CTHD despite the daft arty image it recieved. Was a decent story with some good action to go.

It's one of the few films that's allowed to be in my DVD collection :)

O

Ono

Originally posted by legendario
It's one of the few films that's allowed to be in my DVD collection :)

I have 2 versions of it. :p

Original R3 Hong Kong - with all the extras;

R1 Superbit with DTS and optimised picture.:clap:

D

dysfunction

Ive got the regular version....does all I need it to do ie: shows me the film

Would be interested in seeing this new one if its better than Crouching Tiger...

E

ECA

Originally posted by Ono

It didn't pitch itself as an KFC film. It was a serious film with KF bits in. The story was just as important as the fighting and the acting was spot on.

Having said that - all the major fight scenes were beautifully shot.

It wasnt a serious film by any stretch of the imagination.

and KFC = Kung Fu Cinema.

O

Ono

Originally posted by ECA
It wasnt a serious film by any stretch of the imagination.

Serious enough to go up for an Oscar nomination and for the actors to go up for several best acting awards. :p

L

legendario

Originally posted by Ono

I have 2 versions of it. :p

Original R3 Hong Kong - with all the extras;

R1 Superbit with DTS and optimised picture.:clap:

I only have the R3 Hong Kong version

plus my telly would do the superbit version any justice anyway as it's shite.

E

ECA

Originally posted by Ono

Serious enough to go up for an Oscar nomination and for the actors to go up for several best acting awards. :p

You put value in an award to an openly corrupt section of society.

wp gg etc.

X

xane

CTHD is one of the few films my missus and I both enjoyed, very rare. The main reason is because the film serves many genres (action, love story, mystery, etc) , so it is a bit rash to complain it doesn't serve any particular genre very well.

W

Wazzerphuk

Originally posted by Ono
I love CTHD - although I can understand how many kids would not. :p

Aye, it's great seeing people slag it off because they go into the film thinking it's going to be something it never attempted to be. Comical.

S

stu

Wasn't there already a KFC film called "A Man Called Hero"? This a western remake?

O

Ono

Originally posted by stu
Wasn't there already a KFC film called "A Man Called Hero"? This a western remake?

Totally different films Stu. This is not a western film either (although Miramax do own the distribution rights in the West).

O

Ono

For those who aren't aware this film has now been released on DVD and can be obtained for about £11 from CD-Wow. It has also been nominated for Best Foreign Picture at next week's Oscars.

I watched it today and have to say that it really is an astonishing piece of movie making. It astounds in it's style and moves in it's storytelling. You have to witness it for yourselves.

The question most of you will be asking me is Is it better than Crouching Tiger? My answer? No. But it is almost as brilliant. I can't put my finger on it but it lacks the buzz that CTHD generates whenever I watch it.

Here are some screengrabs I took:

hero02.jpg

hero03.jpg

hero04.jpg

Y

Yaka

just wathced it on dvd too ono. and aye its preety close to cthd

as for atos missing? well cthd did have an top performace by chow yun fat and this one dont but still a top flim

S

stu

Originally posted by Ono
For those who aren't aware this film has now been released on DVD and can be obtained for about £11 from CD-Wow.

That's great.

Now if someone could tell me where the "View Cart" or "Checkout" links are on CDWow, I could buy it.

I mean how retarded was the person that designed that site?

S

stu

Ahhhhhhh I know why now. I've got a popup killer running. When I clicked "Add to Cart" it killed the stupid little window that pops up saying "do you really wanna buy that? huh?" And the links to checkout etc only appear if there's something in your cart.

Job done, film ordered.

E

Embattle

Originally posted by mank!
I don't much like martial arts etc.

I like martial arts films, but ones which are a little closer to reality ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom