50LW
42 shield
6 blade
39 parry

he pwns, go for that :D

T

tankster

i love cs :D

just pick one .. both are very good and high damage dealing weapons.. think that cs gives more damage to support classes and lw to other tanks ..

and the styles are abit different aswell but u jut have to get used to it .. i wouldnt want to play without my cs styles :p

H

Hestetun

that tankster says is right =) :clap: :clap:
I have been Lw tank and now I am CS and now I never wanna leave CS =) I like it and it deal more DMG =) and it got cool styles one of the reason u gott combined more styles =) and thats fun and get u more skills as tank. LW u got 3 things the 50 style that stuns good one =) and u got frontal assult that gives alot of dmg if u are infront of the target =) and u got celtic fury that is the taunt for LW and thats it. No fun in that :p

GO SC :clap: :clap:

H

Hestetun

bah arg wrong word there I meent CS :swords:

D

drummer

Aye i have a 17 Spearo and the styles are really fun especially when you can evade something and you can do 4 styles in a row :clap:

But I think LW=CS

E

Elric IA

CS=thrust damage only
LW=blunt or slash damage

Cannot comment on styles as I have never played a hero with CS. Not sure if there is a 9s stun style in there.

CS tend to be higher delay weapons than LW so in theory more damage per swing (but slower swings) so maybe not as good for taunting (fastest LW 4.5 speed)

In duelling, with the target parries style (6s stun), I think LW might be better but most RvR isnt about duels but dealing damage, disrupting casters and stunning which I think each weapon probably has their advantages and disadvantages.

L

lofff

Actually its all about likeing, lvl50 LW style pwns but having slam u dont need it so bad, and rest styles kinda suck, CS has sum other good dmging styles.

Then u got the dmg type difference... trust has better bonus against chain wearers (most enemy support classes) while crush/slash combo gets advantage bonus against every other armour (but for casters, in which there is no difference) so about liking.

About delay, CS 16.5 weapons are 5.0, LW 16.5 hammers 5.4, swords 4.6, legion 100qua stuff 5.2 (both hammer and swords). Again about liking.

I use 5.4 masterpiece hammer ( :kiss2: laralyn ) and 5.2 legion sword since slower weapon = wtg ;P But its just my liking ;)

S

spankya

Tried both and thought both were good. When I tried CS came out a bit better on damage, but LW has the choice between crush and slash so thats nice too...

either will do :)

K

Kobold

Originally posted by hestetun
that tankster says is right =) :clap: :clap:
I have been Lw tank and now I am CS and now I never wanna leave CS =) I like it and it deal more DMG =) and it got cool styles one of the reason u gott combined more styles =) and thats fun and get u more skills as tank. LW u got 3 things the 50 style that stuns good one =) and u got frontal assult that gives alot of dmg if u are infront of the target =) and u got celtic fury that is the taunt for LW and thats it. No fun in that :p

GO SC :clap: :clap:

Who won the duel?

Even when using my crush hammer witch is neg to scale mwoohaha :p

BTW you have nice chains in LW aswell, like parry chain....but nothing beat annihilation T_T

L

lofff

sumhow had the idea that it was 5.2 .. . anyway still better than crafted ones ;P

L

llixeraxu

As a hero go CS.. if you wanna go LW make a champ. imho.

R

Radghast

LW vs CS is only about preferences. LW is great vs tanks and leather/studded users, which covers alot of enemy classes. So in a 1vs1 situation the LW tank has a distinct advantage over the CS hero.
But, as someone said earlier CS is good vs chain and chain is probably the most widely used armour. covering the majority of support classes and a few tank classes.
If you are looking at a RvR class then u have to look beyond the 1vs1, a tanks job (imo) in RvR is to either protect their support classes (if defensive tank) or to break thru enemy lines and take out their support. LW and CS are pretty equal vs cloth casters (which from my sig u can imagine i have less than fond memorys about heros) so no diffrence there. But healers and clerics wear chain...
Just my 2p end of the day it can only come down to which spec u enjoy more, game is meant to be fun after all :) best of luck speccing

S

Sigurd

I'm finding Celtic Spear to be great at the moment, I hit harder than anything else in the realm in melee, and parry is almost enough defence to make it worthwhile soloing.

J

Jozen

i Always bring my CS to the rainbow train when i go with tankster

S

StormriderX

how about
50cs
50lw
28parry

So you can have all 3 types of damage ;)

J

Jiggs

please go CS

that LW stuff sucks balls honest ;)

H

<Harle>

Whatever you do, get a one-handed taunt-style and some shield-spec, or healers will just hate you during lvling up in PvE. The spec posted by Storm is completely useless, since RvR is much too fast-paced to check what enemy you are up against and then switch weapons accordingly.

K

K0nah

yes absolutely, all go CS it pwnz0rz! honest.

LW = tehsuck irl

S

StormriderX

Originally posted by &lt;Harle&gt;
Whatever you do, get a one-handed taunt-style and some shield-spec, or healers will just hate you during lvling up in PvE. The spec posted by Storm is completely useless, since RvR is much too fast-paced to check what enemy you are up against and then switch weapons accordingly.

note teh winky fs :p

S

Sigurd

What's wrong with Celtic Spear taunt styles? If I taunt with a CS style 99% of the time the mob will hit me no matter how much damage someone has already done to it, unless another CS specced hero is taunting it.

H

<Harle>

It's not that your taunts don't work ( sucks if you miss with a 5-sec-delay-weapon), it's just the fact that you get hit yourself all the time as you give up most of your defense, requiering more heals and getting more aggro onto the healers, which is unneeded, as you don'T need to do the damage, the mages are there for that.
Apart from that with a decent shield-spec you are able to /guard someone else in group, making the life of a tanking Ranger much more enjoyable ;)

O

old.Reno

Originally posted by &lt;Harle&gt;
It's not that your taunts don't work ( sucks if you miss with a 5-sec-delay-weapon),

In the usual fins group missing the first 2 taunts will mean either a dead chanter or a fin beating up the druid.
While the latter is a funny change from a boring routine , they both seriously slow down your xp speed.

Danita

K

Kobold

Yup a tank in a pb group who use a 5.7 spd spear isn't exactly very bright :m00:

Users who are viewing this thread