Hero evade bugged?

S

'Shy

I seem to be having trouble using the style on my Hero that comes after evade. Now, I've played both a Merc and a Friar on Albion so I know how evade and follow up styles work, but whenever I use it on my Hero it tells me it did not perform perfectly, although uses the graphic and performs the style.

Can anyone shed any light? Is it bugged possibly?

O

old.Greggor

Could not let ypu as never used it since heros evade once in a blue moon

It is one of the best combos but never get used pointless having that combo on any quickbar

But hey what do i know i am only a 50th hero was spear now LW

K

k9awya

im thinking you used big 2h weap and you got hit again before the style was attempted

S

'Shy

Originally posted by k9awya
im thinking you used big 2h weap and you got hit again before the style was attempted

No I use a spear, and as I said previously I've had other characters with evade and never had a problem with styles with them.

O

old.tRoG

Works for me.

This is the spear spec level 4 style, "entrap" - right?

K

k9awya

Originally posted by ~shy~

No I use a spear, and as I said previously I've had other characters with evade and never had a problem with styles with them.

spear hits just a bit slower than friar/merc.

you also evade less, so take logs/screenie of it not working, or get some skillsss ;<

T

Tank Init

you have to use your evade/parry style before the player/mob swings again at you, if your attack (evade/parry style) comes after his next attack you will fail to do the style

S

'Shy

Originally posted by Tank Init
you have to use your evade/parry style before the player/mob swings again at you, if your attack (evade/parry style) comes after his next attack you will fail to do the style

Yes yes yes, read my post - I know how it *should* work - it's just not!

Maybes it will fix as I get higher in level..

G

Glacier

neither does evade 3, but with evade 1 u can still evade....

H

Harm

I'm also on evade I, but it's not uncommon to evade 1 or 2 times during a combat session.

182 Dex
144 Qui

Have no evade style tho :/

S

'Shy

Seems the original topic got lost. I'm not talking about the times you evade, I'm talking about the fact that the style you use after evade doesn't work..

L

-Lillo-

get some screens. I'm not saying you're a liar, but it's very unlikely that ur style was correct but shown as incorrect. :)

O

old.Downanael

There's a bug on Celtic Duel line too,style called Snowtrap(sp?) should hinder your walking speed,starts from behin the target.It just never have slowed anyone down when i used it on Thid

O

old.Kian

The hinder styles are one of the regular gripes from the blademaster TL. Seems that even if they do work, the effect is broken as soon as you hit the enemy again... which can be 0.000001 seconds later if you're a dual wielder :)

Now if they actually worked, I'd find quickbar space for them. I'm getting too old and fat to be chasing all these albs around...

S

'Shy

Here we go..

I think I've figured out the problem. I'll post the screenies anyways and see what you guys think, and then you'll prolly call me a n00b :)

evade_1.jpg

I evaded, I hit the style, but the mob hit me before I got the style in..

evade_2.jpg

It doesn't even have to hit me, just try and hit and it cancels my style..

evade_3.jpg

Grrr Hero's are so slow.. same thing..

evade_4.jpg

By complete fluke (and prolly cos I had time too!) I managed to cancel the Hunter's Spear and replace it with Entrap and hey presto!

In conclusion, I was using the slowest weapon available, and I now got myself a new faster player crafted one and am kicking ass once more :)

O

old.Kian

Yep, the opening for a style lasts until the enemy's next attack... and you have to make your attack in the opening not just hit the button.

which is why classes who rely on reaction styles tend to opt for faster weapons, so you get inside the opponent's attack cycle... and why trying reaction styles with big, slow weapons is an exercise in frustration - they're nice if you can fluke one, but you can't count on them the way a good BM counts on parry and evade styles.

H

Harm

Btw, about the hindered/slowed effect. I think it has been confirmed that they delve the effect, but it does not actually slow someone down :/

F

froler-mid

use backupstyles! = problem solved.

press 'evade style' then 'anytime' style, every round.

easy peasy ;>

S

Sharma

Originally posted by Glacier
neither does evade 3, but with evade 1 u can still evade....

err, my zerk has evade 3, evades quite a lot, maybe its because shes Valkyn however :eek:

K

k9awya

rofl @ your pics

all were not after evade only the one you actually hit was

the rest you got hit were missed against, counts as no evade iiakaikai

Users who are viewing this thread