Hero Blockbot spec

Vasconcelos

Part of the furniture
Besides of the obvious 50 shield.. how is the usual specc?

50 shield
50 LW or CS
rest blades

¿?

Vodkafairy

Fledgling Freddie
50 shield
50 weapon of any type

= good

CS is good for chasing support (back snare style and thrust dmg) and LW is good for.. anything :p anni is good and lw does lots of dmg :x

blunt is nice for solo'ing a bit (10 sec stun off parry chain, 10 sec stun off block chain), blades is ok but no usefull effects, pierce is a bit shitty since you hardly have reactionairies.

Dafft

One of Freddy's beloved
Alb n00b Question, do you get parry?? if so then how bout 50 shield and 25 parry if you can

Gargo

Fledgling Freddie
50 1h = higher ws

1 of the variables on chance to block is WS iirc? so 50Sheild/ 1h is the ultimate blockbot

Vodkafairy

Fledgling Freddie
Gargo said:
50 1h = higher ws

1 of the variables on chance to block is WS iirc? so 50Sheild/ 1h is the ultimate blockbot

It's been said often but proved wrong.

Block is based on these things:

Dex
Shield skill
Mastery of Blocking
Opponent weaponskill: lower ws = more hits blocked

Heard something about shield size and 1h weaponskill affecting chance to slam (?) but I'm really not too sure about that. :D

gunner440

Hey Daddy Altman
if choosing between CS and LW well

we all know about anni and what it does

but i still think cs would be a better choice as thrust is the best dmg type out there today :(

Gargo

Fledgling Freddie
Im also on video and DVD, gunz has my whole collection.

Pm him for details

Vasconcelos

Part of the furniture
Vodkafairy said:
It's been said often but proved wrong.

Block is based on these things:

Dex
Shield skill
Mastery of Blocking
Opponent weaponskill: lower ws = more hits blocked

Heard something about shield size and 1h weaponskill affecting chance to slam (?) but I'm really not too sure about that. :D

According to some test, it seems that ws affects chance to bipass: target ws, parry, block and evade. So the higher ws u have, the higher chance to hit with shield styles like Slam. Yet again, according to VNBoards test...
However, ws doesnt affect your blockrate (either selfblock or guards).

Looks like 50shield, 50 ws, rest parry is the wise option for a pure guardbot.

Shangrila

Fledgling Freddie
Best race for blockbot is either celt (higher conn and str) or luri (highest dex for best block chance, but less conn/str). Luri hero with pierce is quite funny. Get him a fang and he does ok dmg too.

Xanthian

Fledgling Freddie
Im 50 Shield (+14) 50 Blunt atm with MoB3, I block like a bitch in PvE, but not so often in RVR.

My ws is very low, around 1850 fully buffed with MoTA 4 buffs.

Going to respec to 50 Shield, 50 CS, 26? Blunt 6 Parry after next patch :)

Diezel

Fledgling Freddie
Shangrila said:
Best race for blockbot is either celt (higher conn and str) or luri (highest dex for best block chance, but less conn/str). Luri hero with pierce is quite funny. Get him a fang and he does ok dmg too.

except heroes cant use fang. ;)

Icebreaker

Fledgling Freddie
Vasconcelos said:
According to some test, it seems that ws affects chance to bipass: target ws, parry, block and evade. So the higher ws u have, the higher chance to hit with shield styles like Slam. Yet again, according to VNBoards test...
However, ws doesnt affect your blockrate (either selfblock or guards).

Looks like 50shield, 50 ws, rest parry is the wise option for a pure guardbot.

Thats a myth! Shield got his own hidden weapon table thing. whatever :D

You know what i mean xD

ok i have and hero who is specced full sword/shield and an rl mate plays and hero with 50 spear, 50 shield, 28 parry and i can't see any difference in slamming. Why? Because there is none :clap:

Boni

Fledgling Freddie
Icebreaker said:
Thats a myth! Shield got his own hidden weapon table thing. whatever :D

You know what i mean xD

ok i have and hero who is specced full sword/shield and an rl mate plays and hero with 50 spear, 50 shield, 28 parry and i can't see any difference in slamming. Why? Because there is none :clap:

Agree.. my hero only has 42 shield and 6 blades, but I have no trouble slamming at all, if there was any truth in the 1h weaponskill having an effect on shield then I would be hopeless at slamming.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom