Heretics

Teslacoil

Can't get enough of FH
Can anyone tell me in what way these are to be feared or not feared ?

haven't seen one in molvik/leirvik or rvr , well i don't think iv'e seen one anyway , if he is a squishy cloth caster i sure as never seen one ;) kill , runalong etc ;)

so what are their ups and downs ? any way you can tell that you are beeing attacked by a heretic ?or attacking one ?

info please :)

/hug

/berget

Tilda

at 50, chain absorbtion, nearly 2000 hp's, nukes that start at 200 damage and tick up to 800 damage a tick, heals, rez, i'd say if you ignore them they can hit you with a world of hurt.

Tilda

oh, add to that shield spec and decent melee ;P

Formash

Fledgling Freddie
Tilda said:
oh, add to that shield spec and decent melee ;P

yup - and its melee with Flex or Crush styles too ;)
youll know you're being hit by a heretic as youllprobably see mini fireballs coming your way almost continually and at a minimum,get hit every 3 seconds with increasing ticks

Teslacoil

Can't get enough of FH
hmm it sound's like a ouch person to watch out for if i don't duo with a healer ;)

thx for info , will keep an eye for those pesky fireballs ;)

Kelio

Fledgling Freddie
tbh a monster ress is really nasty. watch out for a dead person beeing ressed by a heretic also, aoe spams dots that stack and do 200dmg+ each tick :flame:

Thegreatest

Fledgling Freddie
Met one in Leirvik, they're nasty...Couldnt figure out what was hitting me as I saw the casting animation for the first time, untill I saw my hp's dropping amazingly quick :p. He was buffed tho, hit me for about 500 damage with nukes...He killed me the first time I met him as he resisted my stun and I couldnt keep him interrupted, all the other times I met him (was 4x in total) I've killed him...Basically just qc stun -> nuke nuke nuke...Also send the pet on it if you're a pet caster cause I think Heretics also got an insta dd, so he could interrupt you if you can't kill him in the time he's stunned and then it would be probably over for you.

Bellona

Banned
seen them kill loads with aoe focus snare in keepdefense in thidranki on avalon, but they are easily countered, just turn around and sprint, or hide behind something.

as tank spec, they are quite nasty :D

Tesla Monkor

Fledgling Freddie
Tank spec, they are as hard to damage as paladins in melee - if not more so. Insane AF, very high absorb. :)

Zenythe

[GOA] English Servers GM
Some of the other interesting things to note is that the Heretics self buffs (which include their absorbtion and spell pierce) can be effected by the bonus to buff effectivness found on a lot of the Cleric ToA stuff which can give them plate abs as well as the bonus to spell duration caster stuff which will keep their focus spells ticking at max damage longer. There is also a spell in the enhance line that will allow them to keep pulsing while taking ranged damage (uninteruptable from range) throw in even a low weapon and shield spec and they aren't stuffed when something gets in close like most cloth wearers... granted they are on the hybrid damage table so they aren't hitting very hard but it gives them an option when things go pear shaped.

Teslacoil

Can't get enough of FH
Zenythe said:
Some of the other interesting things to note is that the Heretics self buffs (which include their absorbtion and spell pierce) can be effected by the bonus to buff effectivness found on a lot of the Cleric ToA stuff which can give them plate abs as well as the bonus to spell duration caster stuff which will keep their focus spells ticking at max damage longer. There is also a spell in the enhance line that will allow them to keep pulsing while taking ranged damage (uninteruptable from range) throw in even a low weapon and shield spec and they aren't stuffed when something gets in close like most cloth wearers... granted they are on the hybrid damage table so they aren't hitting very hard but it gives them an option when things go pear shaped.

ehm ? so +duration works for heretics but not for dotting chars like caveshammy ? ehrm ? where is our SHAMAN TL ! he got some explaining to do ;)

Andrilyn

Can't get enough of FH
And they have access to banelord and BaoD3 (40% entire group magic immune) and their RR5 (75% to all people that can bind to the lord magic immune) gives tanks and support 115% magic immune for 30 seconds which should not be underestimated as the first 30 seconds of a fight is the most important.
Their "beam" focus spell is not to be feared though it's only good for PvE as when I use the highest damaging one it normally does like 125, 250, 375 etc on people with decent resists though their AoE snare + DD can seriously interrupt and snare (of course) the enemy group.

Add in BAoD3 + RR5 and PD5 and your basically immune (or near to immune) to all damage for 30 seconds with the insane melee absorb you already have combined with PD5.

Tesla Monkor

Fledgling Freddie
And they can get DI as well. Heretics are far from gimp, they're the group-friendliest class (best support class) added to the game since it's original release. :)

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
Teslacoil said:
ehm ? so +duration works for heretics but not for dotting chars like caveshammy ? ehrm ? where is our SHAMAN TL ! he got some explaining to do ;)

the heretic has to maintain the focus to get that continued duration (unlike a dot which is just there) - you won't ever see it in RvR though as your target will be dead or you'll be interrupted long before you get to max damage.

Killerbee

Fledgling Freddie
On Avalon you can meet with heretic zerg every night ^^ As a ranger they don't cause that much trouble, apart if I chose wrong position and they can insta dd + snare me. ;)

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
Killerbee said:
On Avalon you can meet with heretic zerg every night ^^ As a ranger they don't cause that much trouble, apart if I chose wrong position and they can insta dd + snare me. ;)

they have an insta dot (range 700) and an insta snare (range 700) both only usable when stationary...

I take it you just mean they're using their ranged dd/snare spell and getting it off quickly? (it is a 2s cast so quick to set up)

Killerbee

Fledgling Freddie
That's why said: wrong postion choice ie they can run in insta range (in 1 shot time 'cause I'm unbuffed) and after that 1. I'm nuked till death 2. they outmelee me :)

Not as if I could get that many solo encounter with them, shot one and you get 2-3 more inc in 5 secs. :)

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
Killerbee said:
That's why said: wrong postion choice ie they can run in insta range (in 1 shot time 'cause I'm unbuffed) and after that 1. I'm nuked till death 2. they outmelee me :)

Not as if I could get that many solo encounter with them, shot one and you get 2-3 more inc in 5 secs. :)

ahh I see

they interrupt with an insta snare and then nuke away?

heh fair enough :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom