Heretic

Alhanna

Fledgling Freddie
I have but she only a baby. When I ask others of the setups they have it nearly is always 50 en 50 Rej with various crush/flex/shield.

If I ever got mine to 50 I was aiming for 42 Rej 43 Enh 21 Flex 42 Shield.

This would give one off of the top on all spells plus slam on shield with a less than average flex. Has anyone tried this spec yet?

Javai

Fledgling Freddie
The main issue with that spec is that it leaves you without the top abs buff and with shield as your only 'top-up' defense (compared to Infs, Scouts, Friars who also have low Abs but other defenses such as evade and parry)

Melee specced Heretics are entirely feasible but if I were making one I would still want 50 enh as that gets my non-ToA'd 'tic up to 930 AF, 30 Abs (bit more of you swap in a Stardrop for buffing).

Kagato

Fledgling Freddie
Generally speaking Enhance/Rej will offer you both more defense and offense ability then the weapon spec and shield.

Unlike alot of classes theres no real 'cookie cutter' spec for heretics yet, they seem rather adaptable with no clear path to take, however most seem to favour going the caster root and given the current state of the game, casters generally come off much better, hence the 50 enhance/50 rej being nice, specially with the huge armour factor bonus it gives.

I believe this is further benefitted nicely from ToA bonuses as well.

Slam is nice but highly over rated, specially with people using the ceromonial bracer so much or simply purging.

zaonpt

Fledgling Freddie
If you wanna do a tank heretic, u can go low rejuv, 50 enh, 42 shield and lots of flex....i guess

my heretic if full rejuv and enh, i like him like that after 4-5 "bolts" im doing 1600+ damage no healer can handle this...well but if u wanna make a tank heretic....Good luck mate :)

Rockk

Fledgling Freddie
im Specin mine 50 rejuv 41 enhance 39 flex & rest sheild,

this far im happy with spec, duno in rvr later on tho
if it blows it will be /respec 4tehwiin :clap:

Red HATred

Fledgling Freddie
heretic...imo

Magic... way to short range for rvr to be an EFFECTIVE killer..(like a wizzy , boum boum boum, dead)
Slow "tics"... takes way to long to make the damage ramp-up and be a group dependend caster-killer (interrupting ends ramping.. means restart).
Destroy movement.... pffff, sucks like hell.. most are resisted..
LAva barrage: perfect leeching tool in big chases... snare even makes sure they won't get away. F*** the sorcs that are swearing about mezz breaking etc... by the end of the fight you will have caused about 200 damage (ramp damage added) to all the enemies within the aoe.
Single target nukes: average starting damage on inferno, around 200..This one already hurts a bit when first used. (this results mostly into the enemy just running out of range..). Snare version, uninterruptable one... oooo yes, they all are cool... BUT THE RANGE SUCKS. Even when fixed: 1500 range + what should it be, 10-25%? pfffffffffff.. and damage on them.. is BAD.
So unless the enemy is almost point-blank in front of you .. before he starts to flee or interrupts you...you won't kill him alone.(leech) Try standing on a wall and do /groundset 1500 ... /cry

Solo fights... vs stealthers (counts for casters or fighters)
They jump you.. stun-chain... purge.. turn around .. insta DOT.. you see that little lurikeen turning pale and thinking.. "oooo shit this could end verry bad"...
vanish.... snare dot.. Pffff, forget it .. you won't catch em, they just vanish.. gone , pouf...even dotted they vanish... totally illogical , but hey what can you expect from those designers..
Other classes.. solo fights... well, unless you go on IRC to make a date with some ppl (with is never punished anyway, even if you supply broad-band movies about those events).... you won't find one... or it would have to be from 3 o clock in the morning till around 11 o clock.. when there aren't a lot off ppl running about.

So , imo, caster heretic.; they are fun.; and do rock in PVE... you can get some serious damage done in some moments during a huge fight...
Rvr wise.. they are fun (believe it or not) but you'll be a major leecher, sucky support class, wherever you go. Tower humping... adding to fights... that'll be your thing. (can be fun though :) ) /assist laladin :)

oooo, let's not forget the Monster ress... some albs even want to suicide to get it done... Now that the enemy has discovered that monsters can be rooted and crowd controlled as normal.. the only advantage left is that you won't suffer ress illness after it has worn. 1% health.. power enough to heal/cast, rebuff and goooo.

Melee heretic.. verry nice..: charge in with huge AF and loads of HPn'ts...
Don't forget.. a new suit every week (in a matter of speaking) .. since degradation on your outfit is comparable to that of a necromancer... Cloth armour that is getting slapped just isn't that tough it seems. Artifacts, pitty to say so, they are nice.. but will wear extremely fast.. (paying 30 plat to those greedy thieves, to see it wear like ice to the sun, ain't a lot of value for ur gold..;ain't it :) )
Weaponry bonuses... when on jewelry... they are gone fast. When you put them on a suit.. also.; THey will have to be repaired on a regular base.. so they look sloppy verry fast. To build a template for this class ain't easy. To find something that is easely replacable or re-imbued will be even harder.

If we look at the average pick-up groups in rvr. Most have tanks.. even decent once. paladins.+. reavers, merc.(group utility) + armsman.(no utility but ok.. they hit). Then you have the heretic.. wannebee fighter.
Will they be accepted? Dunno, i don't play a melee heretic. But why shouldn't groups take a reaver with flex.; who has some nice AOE stuff to assist the main tanks, instead of an "armsman in cloth armour" that has nothing else to give to a group but a weak spreadheal, (which stops them from fighting if used), a group defensive proc.. offensive one... (maybee first phase interrupting of enemy.. hmm , dunno)
Will you resort to low level rejuv magic? Which will be resisted a lot more+ deals damage that makes the enemy take a break in combat, /laugh and wait for a "tic" or three before they go for you, interrupt you?
Not my cup of tea...

Maybee at higher realm ranks the hybrid spec would be more valuable. but in first five rr's i don't think you'll be a lot better then the real tanks.

Well this is my personal first oppinion.; dunno what changes will be made in the near future to this class. My oppinion can change.. and my oppinion can be wrong to others.

aaaaaaa

Banned
Red HATred said:
heretic...imo

Magic... way to short range for rvr to be an EFFECTIVE killer..(like a wizzy , boum boum boum, dead)
Slow "tics"... takes way to long to make the damage ramp-up and be a group dependend caster-killer (interrupting ends ramping.. means restart).
Destroy movement.... pffff, sucks like hell.. most are resisted..
LAva barrage: perfect leeching tool in big chases... snare even makes sure they won't get away. F*** the sorcs that are swearing about mezz breaking etc... by the end of the fight you will have caused about 200 damage (ramp damage added) to all the enemies within the aoe.
Single target nukes: average starting damage on inferno, around 200..This one already hurts a bit when first used. (this results mostly into the enemy just running out of range..). Snare version, uninterruptable one... oooo yes, they all are cool... BUT THE RANGE SUCKS. Even when fixed: 1500 range + what should it be, 10-25%? pfffffffffff.. and damage on them.. is BAD.
So unless the enemy is almost point-blank in front of you .. before he starts to flee or interrupts you...you won't kill him alone.(leech) Try standing on a wall and do /groundset 1500 ... /cry

Solo fights... vs stealthers (counts for casters or fighters)
They jump you.. stun-chain... purge.. turn around .. insta DOT.. you see that little lurikeen turning pale and thinking.. "oooo shit this could end verry bad"...
vanish.... snare dot.. Pffff, forget it .. you won't catch em, they just vanish.. gone , pouf...even dotted they vanish... totally illogical , but hey what can you expect from those designers..
Other classes.. solo fights... well, unless you go on IRC to make a date with some ppl (with is never punished anyway, even if you supply broad-band movies about those events).... you won't find one... or it would have to be from 3 o clock in the morning till around 11 o clock.. when there aren't a lot off ppl running about.

So , imo, caster heretic.; they are fun.; and do rock in PVE... you can get some serious damage done in some moments during a huge fight...
Rvr wise.. they are fun (believe it or not) but you'll be a major leecher, sucky support class, wherever you go. Tower humping... adding to fights... that'll be your thing. (can be fun though :) ) /assist laladin :)

oooo, let's not forget the Monster ress... some albs even want to suicide to get it done... Now that the enemy has discovered that monsters can be rooted and crowd controlled as normal.. the only advantage left is that you won't suffer ress illness after it has worn. 1% health.. power enough to heal/cast, rebuff and goooo.

Melee heretic.. verry nice..: charge in with huge AF and loads of HPn'ts...
Don't forget.. a new suit every week (in a matter of speaking) .. since degradation on your outfit is comparable to that of a necromancer... Cloth armour that is getting slapped just isn't that tough it seems. Artifacts, pitty to say so, they are nice.. but will wear extremely fast.. (paying 30 plat to those greedy thieves, to see it wear like ice to the sun, ain't a lot of value for ur gold..;ain't it :) )
Weaponry bonuses... when on jewelry... they are gone fast. When you put them on a suit.. also.; THey will have to be repaired on a regular base.. so they look sloppy verry fast. To build a template for this class ain't easy. To find something that is easely replacable or re-imbued will be even harder.

If we look at the average pick-up groups in rvr. Most have tanks.. even decent once. paladins.+. reavers, merc.(group utility) + armsman.(no utility but ok.. they hit). Then you have the heretic.. wannebee fighter.
Will they be accepted? Dunno, i don't play a melee heretic. But why shouldn't groups take a reaver with flex.; who has some nice AOE stuff to assist the main tanks, instead of an "armsman in cloth armour" that has nothing else to give to a group but a weak spreadheal, (which stops them from fighting if used), a group defensive proc.. offensive one... (maybee first phase interrupting of enemy.. hmm , dunno)
Will you resort to low level rejuv magic? Which will be resisted a lot more+ deals damage that makes the enemy take a break in combat, /laugh and wait for a "tic" or three before they go for you, interrupt you?
Not my cup of tea...

Maybee at higher realm ranks the hybrid spec would be more valuable. but in first five rr's i don't think you'll be a lot better then the real tanks.

Well this is my personal first oppinion.; dunno what changes will be made in the near future to this class. My oppinion can change.. and my oppinion can be wrong to others.

I think you very very very highly underestimate the power of heretics, they're not only awesome in PvE but also in RvR, my advice to you is to play ur 'Tic more and learn to play'em well before breaking down its abilities. ;)

Red HATred

Fledgling Freddie
aaaaaaa said:
I think you very very very highly underestimate the power of heretics, they're not only awesome in PvE but also in RvR, my advice to you is to play ur 'Tic more and learn to play'em well before breaking down its abilities. ;)

well, why don't you try to add some usefull info then...; instead of saying i don't know how to play me "tic" :) ok :)

been playing me tic long enough to see... what i have written..

so i'm all ears ..mistah bbbbbbbb
or was it ccccccc

as i said, my oppinion can be wrong... and you seem to say that i am :)
ok, gimme facts and numbers then ;-)

aaaaaaa

Banned
Well, just to tell you that most RR 9+ tanks already start running their arse away from you as soon as the 4th pulse kicks in. At RR 3 a Heretic does easily between 600 and 800 dmg on a RR 9+ tank or whatever other class, this when NOT EVEN being TOA'd or SC'd etc, only pure drops and quest items. Now tell me how many PURE alb caster classes are abl to do so in the same circumstances?

aaaaaaa

Banned
Well, just to tell you that most RR 9+ tanks already start running their arse away from you as soon as the 4th pulse kicks in. At RR 3 a Heretic does easily between 600 and 800 dmg on a RR 9+ tank or whatever other class, this when NOT EVEN being TOA'd or SC'd etc, only pure drops and quest items. Now tell me how many PURE alb caster classes are able to do so in the same circumstances?

Red HATred

Fledgling Freddie
aaaaaaa said:
Well, just to tell you that most RR 9+ tanks already start running their arse away from you as soon as the 4th pulse kicks in. At RR 3 a Heretic does easily between 600 and 800 dmg on a RR 9+ tank or whatever other class, this when NOT EVEN being TOA'd or SC'd etc, only pure drops and quest items. Now tell me how many PURE alb caster classes are able to do so in the same circumstances?

ok, but one piece of info from my side, i haven't had the luck to find a tank class or any other class that stays within range long enough to make the spells 'tic' 4 times. Modern fights seen to be a charge and a 180 DEGREE one as soon as they see rockets flying through the skies. Keeping in mind that they NEVER walk alone... there is always some EASY MODE Dotter, insta stun, mezzer around to interrupt you and reset your damage.

If you would find yourselfe somewhere halfways into a zerg fight you may have the luck off getting those 4 tics... but then... zerging?

kirennia

Part of the furniture
lvl 44 and did an 800dmg tick (w/o crit) on rr10 hib today ;) For some reason their group just let me stand there for 6 ticks so he deserved to die :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom