Heretic

Elvo^Rylu

Fledgling Freddie
Rounding out the line is a twist on the basic resurrection spell where the Heretic can raise a dead realmmate - but as a horribly twisted creature that can do damage to enemies for a period of time before reverting back to normal form with only a small number of hit points remaining.

Sounds neat :D

Givz spriggarn-form rez.

Night

Fledgling Freddie
an insta snare! woot! sounds like a fun solo class aswell as grp class

Formash

Fledgling Freddie
At last one toon that has an insta snare or something equivalent to the insta root / instamezz etc. Yet they then go on to say this :

while Hibernia and Midgard each get an extra bonus class (among other reasons, to encourage players to create a new Catacombs character in a Realm other than Albion - the realm with the biggest variety of classes).

In other words - lets make hib n mid even more uber because albion has a lot of classes already.

My interpretation on this is - lets screw albion yet again, even tho we've given them a good class.

having played in all 3 realms since release, its a shame to see they have never bothered balancing albion's classes in line with midgard/hibernia... But i'll save this whine for another time.

In summary - yes i agree, the new albion class does look good :) on paper.......

Night

Fledgling Freddie
hope its not another VW-like looking good on paper now you say that

trycorn

Fledgling Freddie
hmm last time it read the update it was named the zealot ?? well nvm looks cool and yes lets hope its not like a VW

Ilienwyn

Fledgling Freddie
Seems it will have worst defence for a hybrid tank-anything in game though. Cloth armor, without evade and shield unspeccable or speccable but with not enough points to do so. So, unless they get some self buffs giving them uber defence they will go down pretty fast :(

kirennia

Part of the furniture
Nothing mentioned about styles though was there? My guess is that it'd be more a caster/healer hybrid then a tank. The whip is just fluff so it's more different from a cleric and small sheild is to make it the tiniest bit stronger then a caster.

Artifacts for such a class could be interesting though :p

Ilienwyn

Fledgling Freddie
kirennia said:
Nothing mentioned about styles though was there? My guess is that it'd be more a caster/healer hybrid then a tank. The whip is just fluff so it's more different from a cleric and small sheild is to make it the tiniest bit stronger then a caster.

Artifacts for such a class could be interesting though :p

Think they said it could specc on flex too? Bad thing with flex is the fact it is str/dex so will need str also in template. Wish they could make flex dex only :(

Damentorion

Fledgling Freddie
i dont like an expension that comes with new classes, because they will be overpowered or usseless and make other classes less usefull.

Why make new classes if u can see the others still need attention, even after years this game has been released we still got imbalancing issues, and im not talking about small issues.

One thing i would like instead of other classes is that the existing classes get something extra, to make them more balanced, more worth playing.

I still spit on the classes that came with Shrouded isles, they changed the whole game aspect of daoc, where first it was nice it became less nice, with toa i found it right awfel and now with catacombs they just keep going.

Its obviously clear mythic/goa arent really working on their game to keep it nice, they think more = better.

Anyhow, i will most likely not be playing anymore when that expension is released because i already am 100% sure it will be completly suckage.

These are my thought about it, and im not happy with them, hopefully something will change, but i already gave up hope when TOA came out.

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
to paraphrase Damentorion:

DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM! DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom