Heretic Info required

Gear

Can't get enough of FH
Lo fellow albs!

I checked the Heretics' VN boards but mostly it's packed with useless information. Could someone here explain what's the popular heretic spec people go for and how the focus dots in the Rej line work? I'm particularly interested in the ones who's damage increases over time. Any point for anyone to spec enchantment at all? Any information would be apreciated.

Thanks in advance :)

Knolan

Fledgling Freddie
i got my heretic specced 48r/50enh/29c/13(or 14) shield

reason for the rejuv, i get the best uninterruptable focus DD that starts at 250+ dmg and increases like 500-750-1000-1250-1500-1500-1500 (the dmg is quite widely taken)

i also have the best DoT in the line, its a instant cast DoT that dont need focus, last tick goes for arround 150-200 dmg, increases in the same way as the focus DD spells, it just dont require focus.

Full enhance: its a must have, all self buffs, which will give you about 900-1000AF in the end, dmg add, resists pierce buff of 10%.

crush: low end usage, lot of low req combat styles unlike flex.
Shield: cuz i got points spare.

an other popular tic spec is 50enh/50flex/29 shield

IMO: roll a reaver if you want this.

(on a side note: cbuilder 2.0 is very wrong about the rejuv line spells, it says there instant dmg but actually its a instant snare (as example) (there are more flaw's there)

still trying to figure out RA's took WP1 for fun and its a good ra to take, because u cannot crit on your spells unless you have at least 1 in wild power.

i critted in pve on the 3rd tick for 651(+0) +600 crit so the crit in pve could be 1500+1500 :)

Tootz

Fledgling Freddie
I've gone for the same spec as above (48R, 50E, 29C, 13S), as I felt the best AOE and Nuke/snare just wasn't worth it over extra points in crush/shield. Enhance is an absolute must for a Heretic, as you get far more benefit from this line than anything else, and whether you're going for a caster or tank you're going to want that lvl49 ABS shield and lvl50 AF shield.

The Rejuv line is basically all your nuking spells, and it will increase your base healing - plus give you access to Monster Rez at 41 which is easily the best tool in the Heretic's arsenal. You also get two main types of pulsing nuke in the Rejuv line, one of which is "uninteruptable from range" but costs a lot more power to use. This is virtually the only nuke I use in RvR simply because of the amount of interupts you will get using anything else. You get the final version of this nuke at 48R.

As for the 'tic's tanking abilities, you'd be surprised at how well they can do. With the best ABS and AF shield you get from the enhance line, your armour is almost as if you were wearing a suit of Plate. Weaponskill is a problem though, as you don't get points in Str while leveling, which hurts Crush users, and you also don't get a Dex/Qui buff which hurts Flex users - though if you've got a BB you're fine I guess :p Overall, combined with the insta dot and damage add/shield though, melee output is pretty damn nice and I've held my own a few times against nasty SB's who were after a free lunch by attacking a pointy hat wearing Warder ;)

York

Fledgling Freddie
I went 50 rejuv 50 enhance 25 crush 14 shield

For going 50 rejuv i get the final PBAOE spell, this doesnt raduis out from you but from your target which is handy, it also has a sub spell, snare.
Its not a killer spell dont get me wrong but PvE its handy and RvR useful for the group, in addition it will also interupt everyone within the radius so it has other uses aswell as the stacking damage.

But of course (tic whine) it is focus based so if ya get interupted yourself then it will break, however during long fights is where it shows it true potential, you just have to remember to attempt to target something/one that is basically gonna die last.

Tic are an all round good character not to mention they are fun to play.

Knolan

Fledgling Freddie
York said:
I went 50 rejuv 50 enhance 25 crush 14 shield

For going 50 rejuv i get the final PBAOE spell, this doesnt raduis out from you but from your target which is handy, it also has a sub spell, snare.
Its not a killer spell dont get me wrong but PvE its handy and RvR useful for the group, in addition it will also interupt everyone within the radius so it has other uses aswell as the stacking damage.

But of course (tic whine) it is focus based so if ya get interupted yourself then it will break, however during long fights is where it shows it true potential, you just have to remember to attempt to target something/one that is basically gonna die last.

Tic are an all round good character not to mention they are fun to play.

it aint PB its normal AoE, and tbh the dmg of it is so low the last tick will only be like 400 dmg

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom