Heretic in thid

Titan Moist

Fledgling Freddie
hey guys, ive been away from the game a while and am planning to shelve my thid NS for a while (Honed - no not thugs! just a name a created that i wish i hadn't)
was planning to return and roll a heretic for thidranki, they seem like a fun class that isnt OP'd or ez mode , to me they actually look quite challenging to play (don't require 1 or 2 button spamming) and have some good utility for solo or grp.

my question now is obvious...

how do i spec one for thid? i was thinking at least 15 in crush for you know what, or even possibly 18 flex for indigo. since everybody and his pet run buffed in thid and me not owning a BB account myself i was thinking a tic would do me well.

so how are some of you guys spec'd? can you please justify your spec instead of just saying "my spec is XXXX and it owns"

21 enchance seems a good cut of point but i miss out on the last str/con buff

i like the look of 21 enc, 21 rej 15 crush seems well rounded but i have no engage for archers.

please help:fluffle: thanks

Devilseye

Fledgling Freddie
Titan Moist said:
hey guys, ive been away from the game a while and am planning to shelve my thid NS for a while (Honed - no not thugs! just a name a created that i wish i hadn't)
was planning to return and roll a heretic for thidranki, they seem like a fun class that isnt OP'd or ez mode , to me they actually look quite challenging to play (don't require 1 or 2 button spamming) and have some good utility for solo or grp.

my question now is obvious...

how do i spec one for thid? i was thinking at least 15 in crush for you know what, or even possibly 18 flex for indigo. since everybody and his pet run buffed in thid and me not owning a BB account myself i was thinking a tic would do me well.

so how are some of you guys spec'd? can you please justify your spec instead of just saying "my spec is XXXX and it owns"

21 enchance seems a good cut of point but i miss out on the last str/con buff

i like the look of 21 enc, 21 rej 15 crush seems well rounded but i have no engage for archers.

please help:fluffle: thanks
well a tic has good ABS
you can just focus -pull- the archer down afaik. cause you only can be interupted by melee (archers do ranged dmg.. not melee) but im no 100% sure of that :))

Bonehead

Fledgling Freddie
Devilseye said:
well a tic has good ABS
you can just focus -pull- the archer down afaik. cause you only can be interupted by melee (archers do ranged dmg.. not melee) but im no 100% sure of that :))
Don't listen to clueless ppl :)

You are right. Heretics in BG is a challenge. They don't get UI focus (uninteruptable) until 36 points in rej. So in BG (thidranki) you wont have that. And the amazing abs heretics get, isn't until late levels (43+). '

So in thidranki, a heretic is pretty much a tank in cloth.

But i had fun with my heretic. Even killed a few warlocks prenerf. :)
It should be even easier now when heretics have cure disease/poison.

Tallen

Fledgling Freddie
As long as you have a bit in enhance, any spec works really for a tic.

Personally i played a meleetic in thid ages ago, specced like this:

Rej - 6 (for insta snare)
Enhance 18 - (Not the best, but good enough)
Crush 15 - (stun chain)
Shield 23 - (Paralyse)

Flex is a lot more offensive, remember your not a reaver though and wont have the tic's ABS buffs that make the class so viable as a melee (25 Enhance Devil, can't have it in thid) at higher levels. Plus your in cloth, not chain ;)

Players tend to run from a tic, which is why 23 shield for the 6-sec rear stun is really nice. If they go toe-to-toe you can stun chain em then just beat them into submission.

From experience, meleetics do well against stealthers in thid, but I always got hammered by real melee classes. Instas are great for interrupting mages.

Devilseye

Fledgling Freddie
Bonehead said:
Don't listen to clueless ppl :)

You are right. Heretics in BG is a challenge. They don't get UI focus (uninteruptable) until 36 points in rej. So in BG (thidranki) you wont have that. And the amazing abs heretics get, isn't until late levels (43+). '

So in thidranki, a heretic is pretty much a tank in cloth.

But i had fun with my heretic. Even killed a few warlocks prenerf. :)
It should be even easier now when heretics have cure disease/poison.
pwnd!..
haha.. well idd i never played a heretic before :p

thought every heretic. no matter what level could get access to that focus dd/snare :)

Tallen

Fledgling Freddie
Devilseye said:
thought every heretic. no matter what level could get access to that focus dd/snare :)

You are partially right, they can get access to A focus dd/snare, but not the uninterruptable one.

Nailez

Fledgling Freddie
Ticcy Spec

personally my ticcy is specced

21rej
21enh
12flex
9 shield [ not sure without checking on shield]

which gives high damage via spells good buffs, good grp heal abilities, although low melee dmg i still have tanked heros and ns's with this spec and the 9 shield gives engage, gaurd and also opens up numb ability which although only stuns for a little while is enuff for me to slam then run the hell away to let my team kill the enemy or for me to just get out of there.

just my two cents

Nailez

Aka Jazzzz Razamatazz [Master Soldier, Bane Of Hib, Bane of Mid] 24 Ticcy

Dorimor1

Banned
Nailez said:
personally my ticcy is specced

21rej
21enh
12flex
9 shield [ not sure without checking on shield]

which gives high damage via spells good buffs, good grp heal abilities, although low melee dmg i still have tanked heros and ns's with this spec and the 9 shield gives engage, gaurd and also opens up numb ability which although only stuns for a little while is enuff for me to slam then run the hell away to let my team kill the enemy or for me to just get out of there.

just my two cents

Nailez

Aka Jazzzz Razamatazz [Master Soldier, Bane Of Hib, Bane of Mid] 24 Ticcy

Lol Jazzzz... how are you? Remember I PLed you to that title.

Bitch :<

/killerpenguin

Andrilyn

Can't get enough of FH
If you are making a Heretic for Thid I wouldn't put much points into Rej as you can't get the non interruptable focus beam anyway so someone will just look at you and your beam stops..
Like 18 Crush/Flex 18 Shield 21 Enh rest Rej or something, would still say even with that spec a Reaver will probably still be better, in Thid anyway.

Tallen

Fledgling Freddie
Andrilyn said:
If you are making a Heretic for Thid I wouldn't put much points into Rej as you can't get the non interruptable focus beam anyway so someone will just look at you and your beam stops..
Like 18 Crush/Flex 18 Shield 21 Enh rest Rej or something, would still say even with that spec a Reaver will probably still be better, in Thid anyway.

Depends if you have a buffbot or not :)

Nailez

Fledgling Freddie
Killer u didnt help me with my titles that much :) only grped with u for about 200-300 of those kills rest where other grps :p, fine here get ya ass back into alb thid tbh need to teach those mids that thid is OUR HOUSE!

as for not high rejuv lol tbh m8 i can solo well in thid and i grp well as i have fairly good heal spells and have been praised to be better at playign a cleric than a cleric is :p as for higher crush/flex yer fine go higher but then u lose in other areas, spec buffs, or better healing or even shield dont kno about you guys but a ranger poking me with chopsticks soon gets bored when im engaging him

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom