It's my birthday today!
- Dec 24, 2003
Tis a bit old and rusty, but thought this might be of use to some:
Authored by Fingoniel, with input from all the closed Beta testers. I bring to you the Guide to Heresy, 1.0!
1. What races can be Heretics?
Briton, Inconnu, Avalonian
2. What's the "best" race for Heretics?
Briton is overall best statwise aside from casting speed.
Inconnu will have the same hp, same flex weaponskill, lower crush weaponskill, slower attacks, faster casting.
Avalonian will have less hp, less flex and crush weaponskill, faster melee attacks, same cast speed as briton.
2.5. What base class is a Heretic?
3. What type of armour and shields do Heretics get?
Cloth armour and small shields from level 5. Ability to wear leather is lost upon becoming a heretic.
4. What other abilities do Heretics get?
Tireless at 15
5. What stats do heretics get as they level?
6. What stat affects heretic damage?
Piety for spells
Strength or strength/dex for melee depending on weapon type.
7. What speclines do Heretics get?
Rejuv, Enhance, Shield, Flex, Crush
8. Do heretics get Leviathan?
If you spec 50 flex.
9. Do heretics get engage and guard?
If they spec shield, same as any other shield spec.
11. What about the parry reactional styles in flex/crush?
The parry reactional styles are block reactionals for heretics.
12. How many spec points do heretics get?
2.0 per level.
13. Can heretics rez?
Heretics get a baseline ressurection spell at level 10 and a specline at 41 in rejuv.
14. What do I get for speccing Rejuv?
As well as reducing baseline heal variances rejuv specline has the offensive spells:
Focus DD/snare (50% snare, unbreakable whilst focus is held)
Focus effectiveness debuff+snare+attack speed debuff
AoE Focus DD/snare (50% snare)
Uninterruptable from range Focus DD
Instant cast DoT
Instant cast snare (50% snare, unbreakable for first 5 seconds)
Monster Ressurection - ressurect a dead realm-mate as a poison-spitting zombie.
All spells are heat damage.
15. Can i cast the instants on the move?
No you must be standing still to cast the instants.
16. What is all this focus about?
Get a target and cast the spell - as long as the target stays in range/los and you aren't interrupted the spell keeps hitting them every 3 seconds. The damage of the dd spells increases each tick.
17. How long do the focus spells last?
They can last up to a maximum of 30 seconds.
18. Do the focus spells interrupt? or are they like DoTs interrupting only on the first tick?
Focus DD's interrupt every tick.
19. Isn't it a bit hard to stay uninterrupted for that long?
In tight corners use the uninterruptable from range version.
20. Do Heretics get cure poison/disease?
No, they do not.
21. Do we get any baseline absorb buffs?
Yes - at level 9 and 21 you receive 5% and 10% absorb buffs in the baseline.
22. What do I get for speccing enhance?
As well as improving your base buffs you get:
Self Str/Con buff
Self Damage Add
Self Absorb buffs (up to 30% absorb at 49)
Self AF buff (up to ??? at 50)
Self Resist Piercing buff
Concentration-based Damage shield
Group damage shield
group reactive proc buff shear
23. How do I spec my Heretic?
For spell damage - Rejuv
For survivability - Enhance
For melee blocking/guarding/slamming - Shield
For anytime melee damage - Crush
For positional/reactive melee damage - Flex
24. What's better? flex or crush?
If high enhance spec, weaponskill will be higher self-buffed with crush.
However dex is a rising stat, strength is not, so flex weaponskill will be higher if low enhance specced or if you obtain a dex/qui buff.
25. What ML paths can a Heretic choose?
Banelord or Perfecter.
26. Do heretics get any unique weapon styles in flex/crush?
Other than the reactive requirements being different, no.