Here's an Idea.

Sollac

Fledgling Freddie
ok rather than proclaim a time and date it to happen.

I hereby challenged the Mids to take the albion strength relic tomorrow night between the times of 9pm and 1am UK time..

I will be using my Armsman, and hopefully have enuff albs to repel your attack.

But 1 am is your deadline.

This does not mean you start at 9 am in the morning......You should take yout first keep from 9pm..

The gauntlet has been thrown down, are you man enuff to accept it?

Azathrim

Fledgling Freddie
But I don't want the relics moved at all. :(

They create a huge imbalance, leave them in their shrines to rot.

Septina

Part of the furniture
#care, 2 relics in each realm is for the best imo.
Lets say the mids succeed and get 4 relics and then manages to get the hibs relics aswell, how fun would it be to fight celerity zerkers with 3 relics and debuff rm/sm combos with 3 relics? =D

pip

Banned
Relics should stay the same imo:) only hibs should lose their relics due to the op'ness

Alme

Fledgling Freddie
pip said:
Relics should stay the same imo:) only hibs should lose their relics due to the op'ness

yet again uve managed to overcome ure self and prove ure self even more stupid than we thought possible, grats

atos

Fledgling Freddie
Well with animsits and banshees hibs dont deserve relics!

Chronictank

FH is my second home
Sollac said:
ok rather than proclaim a time and date it to happen.

I hereby challenged the Mids to take the albion strength relic tomorrow night between the times of 9pm and 1am UK time..

I will be using my Armsman, and hopefully have enuff albs to repel your attack.

But 1 am is your deadline.

This does not mean you start at 9 am in the morning......You should take yout first keep from 9pm..

The gauntlet has been thrown down, are you man enuff to accept it?
been there, done that, got the t-shirt (with my funky new title \o>)
they were ac'd back within a week, so to be quite honest.
I cba putting the effort in to organise a planned seige

Until mythic introduce scalable guards, or something similar based on server populations it will always be like this

Yes its a whine, but when you spend a week or 2 organising something, it would be nice if the other realms werent so lazy and reciprocated (sp?) with a raid the majority of us at least had the opertunity attend

Marc

FH is my second home
It must be frustrating to organise a relic raid only to find another realm has taken them back at 4am. OF relic raids (before AC raids etc) were the best thing about DAoC imo. The only "lame" kind of Relic Raid I have been on was, Aussies (i think it was him) where we engaged the guards and took the relic without mids knowing. Oh, sorry, I have been on an AC raid, my mistake. But there was no satisfaction in it. Sure, the whine on FH was fun but I just didnt get the same "buzz" i got during an epic relic raid which lasted a long time and could of gone either way.

Azathrim

Fledgling Freddie
Marc said:
OF relic raids (before AC raids etc) were the best thing about DAoC imo.

Completely disagree.

Even prime-time relic raids were mostly a matter of getting through the slide show to the shrine without getting noticed. Ram a few doors down and be gone before anyone reacted.

There were no siege, no strategy. Only a few good tactics which everything dependet on.

And then ofcourse... the lag of having all players from two realms gathered in one single area, the zone crashes, etc. Boooooooring.

Marc

FH is my second home
Azathrim said:
Completely disagree.

Even prime-time relic raids were mostly a matter of getting through the slide show to the shrine without getting noticed. Ram a few doors down and be gone before anyone reacted.

There were no siege, no strategy. Only a few good tactics which everything dependet on.

And then ofcourse... the lag of having all players from two realms gathered in one single area, the zone crashes, etc. Boooooooring.

Thats why I said IMO.

Sharkith

Can't get enough of FH
this is not a bad idea at all although you should give preferably 2 weeks notice and the rules should be simply this. The gloves are off it is realm versus relam.

Start it on a Friday or Saturday but give us lots of notice so everyone can attend.

Then we can come here and discuss how it went. The one thing we all need is more whole realm spirit. Working as a community has become really difficult since cluster and this kind of thing periodically woould help build that team spirit.

As for losing relics - well there has to be a prize no? At least this is going to be done when everyone can be there!

So go for it but give us much more notice - thumbs up here.

Kraben

Can't get enough of FH
Disagree with Aza and I believe we've had this talk ingame or on vent before :)

Nothing beats a nice relic raid in OF. The adrenalin was pumping - "Are we spotted??" etc. Was always a blast and surely there was alot of tactics involved in repelling forces at bk's, ram setups once inside rk positioning, relic carrier etc etc.

Also suddenly realize that 190 enemies had just killed a keep jarl ie your rk was under attack. Always huuge confusement and traffic from bk to rk. "Are we too late?" "What the feck is going on" etc.

The rush and adrenalin pumping is unmatched in NF in my opinion.

Thats about the only thing I miss from OF. Relic raids these days are just slooow.. I miss the fast hardpumped action where every mid in your realm throws away whatever they are doing and come to defend. Today you have plenty of time to react.. A bit boring imo.

Marc

FH is my second home
DOnt forget the minstrel "SoS through AMG-O with the relic" whine :D

Zebolt

Can't get enough of FH
Kraben said:
Nothing beats a nice relic raid in OF.
Nothing beats old emain :D

Relic raids has been anything special for me :>

Marc said:
It must be frustrating to organise a relic raid only to find another realm has taken them back at 4am. OF relic raids (before AC raids etc) were the best thing about DAoC imo. The only "lame" kind of Relic Raid I have been on was, Aussies (i think it was him) where we engaged the guards and took the relic without mids knowing.

We done that some time ago on pryd/alb not long after toa was released, worked really well :p

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Azathrim said:
Completely disagree.

when we (hibs) did OF relic raids they were planned to the letter, likewise with mid raids, lots of planning, lots of communication, everyone having a part to play. ofc we used our fare share of lame tactics, log outs, shroom raids etc but at the time we had such a pitiful percentage of the population i think we were kind of justified, not meaning to insult anyone but alb raids tended to be throw as many albs at the keep as possible, the zone would usually crash and they would fail.

Marc

FH is my second home
Samaroon|Terracotta said:
We done that some time ago on pryd/alb not long after toa was released, worked really well :p

haha it does work well. We had to do it without toa bonuses etc tho. Dont even think we had necros :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom