Here we go(a) again

Ttillub

Fledgling Freddie
Joined
Jan 7, 2004
Messages
140
In General forum by Erivoss
-------------------------------------------------------
Just to clarify a few points about my position here on these forums. I'll only be posting on these forums if there is an emergency on one of the servers in order to keep the community informed of what is happening. This will take the form of posting a news on the official homepage and then simply linking to it on the forum. In non-emergency times, you should see very little of me on the forum, though I will continue to browse them daily and pass on any information regarding the community to the relevant departments in order to bring you all a pleasant and enjoyable gaming experience.
--------------------------------------------------------

Earlier in this froum by Erivoss
--------------------------------------------------------
If you do have questions you wished answered then don't hesitate to post them here. You can also contact me at erivoss@goa.com and I'll answer any "sensible" questions you have. Whines and flames will just get you puton /ignore. Remember, there are some things that I'm simply not allowed to tell you, for security reasons (like the exact architecture of our system for example) and some things that I simply do not know (like the exact architecture of our system infact).
--------------------------------------------------------

Care to explain?

- Ttillub
 

Gordonax

Fledgling Freddie
Joined
Dec 22, 2003
Messages
1,095
Erivoss has realised that 300 people a day emailing him inane questions is going to reduce his private life to zero?
 

Thorarin

Fledgling Freddie
Joined
Dec 22, 2003
Messages
323
That, or someone at GOA thought the communication channels should be more official and controlled :)
 

arctellion

Fledgling Freddie
Joined
Jan 7, 2004
Messages
8
Arrgghh!!

Well here we are again, what's that make it... in the last 7 days, we've had what? Can it be 3 or 4 days of server downtime!! :eek2:

What next? Only get to play 1 day a week, and then only if you are logged in in the early hours of the morning :)
 

Cyviel

Fledgling Freddie
Joined
Jan 8, 2004
Messages
171
dude wtf are you complaining about? he SAID and i quote he will only post if theres an emergency.. BUT IF YOU HAVE A QUESTION EMAIL HIM.... whats wrong with that you retard?

i dont see anything wrong with that, if he posted on every topic hed be on here 24/7 for every question that would be thrown at him, give the guy a break, hes more approachable than any other GOA employee.
 

Ttillub

Fledgling Freddie
Joined
Jan 7, 2004
Messages
140
Cyviel said:
dude wtf are you complaining about? he SAID and i quote he will only post if theres an emergency.. BUT IF YOU HAVE A QUESTION EMAIL HIM.... whats wrong with that you retard?

i dont see anything wrong with that, if he posted on every topic hed be on here 24/7 for every question that would be thrown at him, give the guy a break, hes more approachable than any other GOA employee.
Hmm... You have some problems m8. Not nice to call other ppl retards.

Whats wrong You ask. Well if You were able to focus and read the whole message You can see what he promised to do and he has also promised to answer lots of questions today.
Problem is, like it allways seem to be with GOA, that he first made a promise then took it back and did not give any kind of explanation. Would have been nice if he even answered those first questions he promised and/or gave some explanation. That would have been polite and correct imo.

- Ttillub
 

Ttillub

Fledgling Freddie
Joined
Jan 7, 2004
Messages
140
I have passed on these questions (along with others I've found on the forum) to the relevant sections. Rather than compiling all the answers and posting them here, we'll put them into tomorrow's grab bag so that everyone can see them.
__________________
Erivoss - DAoC UK


Yesterday...

- Ttillub
 

Iskander

Fledgling Freddie
Joined
Jan 7, 2004
Messages
309
Ttillub said:
I have passed on these questions (along with others I've found on the forum) to the relevant sections. Rather than compiling all the answers and posting them here, we'll put them into tomorrow's grab bag so that everyone can see them.
__________________
Erivoss - DAoC UK


Yesterday...

- Ttillub
Cut the guy some slack. It will be hard enough for him as he starts off with a very negative view most people have already about GOA. So far I am pleased we atleast got 1 person to talk to us and give us some information. I am sure we'll see a more detailed answer from him soon. if not then you can start flaming him.
 

Cyviel

Fledgling Freddie
Joined
Jan 8, 2004
Messages
171
Ttillub said:
Hmm... You have some problems m8. Not nice to call other ppl retards.

Whats wrong You ask. Well if You were able to focus and read the whole message You can see what he promised to do and he has also promised to answer lots of questions today.
Problem is, like it allways seem to be with GOA, that he first made a promise then took it back and did not give any kind of explanation. Would have been nice if he even answered those first questions he promised and/or gave some explanation. That would have been polite and correct imo.

- Ttillub
imho posting on the WEBSITE will get more people reading it than a forum that no-body looks at.... i asked 20 random albs about freddys today and only 3 knew about it...until freddys becomes known theres no point posting here and getting flamed via rightnow claiming no information is being given out when infact no-one comes here yet.
 

Ttillub

Fledgling Freddie
Joined
Jan 7, 2004
Messages
140
Well I would have been happy about WEBSITE post also but nope.
In fact a short message here saying something like: I know I promised but I am too busy right now, would have been enough also.

Btw, so far we have not been promised any kind of compensation from crashes and downtime.

It is good thing he is around, gives info and controls things.
Lets wait then maybe he can keep his promise or give some nice explanation.

- Ttillub
 

zelrokyz

Fledgling Freddie
Joined
Jan 8, 2004
Messages
8
Ttillub said:
Btw, so far we have not been promised any kind of compensation from crashes and downtime.
If you check your Subscription status page on the DAoC homepage, you should see an "Extended 1 Day" bit tack on to the end of your current subscription period.

I have such an extension, so my guess is all Excalibur players do, or at least those active at the times of the crashes.

Regards;
Richard Moss
 

the_hermit

Fledgling Freddie
Joined
Dec 23, 2003
Messages
195
zelrokyz said:
If you check your Subscription status page on the DAoC homepage, you should see an "Extended 1 Day" bit tack on to the end of your current subscription period.

I have such an extension, so my guess is all Excalibur players do, or at least those active at the times of the crashes.

Regards;
Richard Moss

Plus I believe the other server crashes haven't been for THAT long... Crash, reboot, relog... Not 100% sure though.
 

BlitheringIdiot

One of Freddy's beloved
Joined
Dec 24, 2003
Messages
898
We have been refunded, if you go onto the german section you'll see a note about it. However they forgot to inform those on the English servers...

As for the threads topic, I agree that Erivoss is going back a bit on what he originally said, but being realistic he would have never survived if he was posting here all the time and answering all the questions. We have 4 mods and they miss plenty of stuff that they should see. One poor sod wont be able to read and respond to everything.
 

Svartmetall

Great Unclean One
Joined
Jan 5, 2004
Messages
2,467
I would rather be Saddam Hussein's lawyer than have to try and defend GOA's appalling service over the last two years.
 

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Top Bottom