Hercules 9700 Pro

A

adams901

While sitting at work today I have looking at ways to increase my already big debt, one of the ways is to sell my Asus Geforce Ti4600 Ultra Deluxe and get a Hercules 9700 Pro.

I am currently trying to justify the extra expense and if it is actually worth replacing my Graphics card, the only problem with Geforce 4 is that it is very bad at handling anti aliasing.

Suggestions anyone?

A

adams901

If I do replace it I'm sure we can haggle a price :).

It is still under warranty and is 4 months old

W

Will

Scooba has had a GF4 and a Radeon 9700 - best speak to him for a real world comparison.

T

Trem

Not wanting to intrude on Adams selling-his-card thread but I am also thinking of selling my Gainward Ge Force 4600 Gold Sample, any ideas on how much I can get for it?

W

Will

I'd guess about £100 for a Ti4600, since that is just under what a new Ti4200 would cost.

A

adams901

:eek: My thread is for feedback on whether it is worth replacing my Geforce 4. :twak:

:)

L

leggy

Originally posted by Tremor.
Not wanting to intrude on Adams selling-his-card thread but I am also thinking of selling my Gainward Ge Force 4600 Gold Sample, any ideas on how much I can get for it?

omg samm just bought you that... j00 aer teh evil pawner.

T

Trem

Aye, I really don't know whats up with me.

If she knew I wanted to sell it my life wouldn't be worth living and the wedding would be off:(

Its just that the 4200's are now 8x agp and they aer teh cheap.

S

Scooba Da Bass

The jump from GF4 to 9700 isn't that much unless you have a decent monitor. Using a smaller screen it's hard to see much difference, however, when you get onto a big monitor and try running games at 1600*1200 you will be able to see the difference.

The anti aliasing on the R9700 is silky smooth, and as an added bonus the TV out is fantastic.

Having said that, unless the R9700 is pretty cheap now I probably wouldn't bother upgrading yet (unless you have the money to waste), instead wait for the summer and jump for the new cards.

A

adams901

How big is a Decent monitor, I think the one I have at the moment is

LG FLATRON 795FT Plus
17" (16" viewable) Perfect Flat Flatron tube
High Resolution Color Monitor
Maximum Resolution/Refresh: 1600 x 1200 @ 75Hz

E

Embattle

Min 19" of love.

Miht as well wait a month until the R350 chip appears ;)

A

adams901

I have looked every where for information on the release of R350 (9900 Pro) and have found no solid dates or even press releases, a lot of sites speculate march but how can they be sure?.

If I knew for a fact it was only a month off I would be happy to wait, but even the ATI website has no information on these boards, for a product that is supposedly a month away from release ATI are certainly being very quiet about it.

D

domin8or

Buy yourself a GeForce2 MX 200 card. It's cheap and it's very good for gaming! haha

S

Summo

You'd have to be a mad, foolish, mad fool to ditch a Geforce Ti4600 on a whim. What sort of performance increase are you expecting, man? :eek:

A

adams901

none, but I am like a women when it comes to shopping.

If I see something and think for a split second "that sounds nice I wonder if I can afford it" then you can rest assured I will end up buying it (once the money is saved), thats probally why I owe so much :(. The internet is evil, it likes to tempt me with things I have no real need of, and as I have no will power I guess I am doomed forever.

S

Sawtooth

I upgraded from a Ti4600 to a 9700 pro and there is a big difference. I'm running all my games with anti-aliasing on now. Unreal looks really stunning too. I basically justify it through a shallow need to have the best graphic card in me puter.

B

bodhi

Originally posted by adams901
I have looked every where for information on the release of R350 (9900 Pro) and have found no solid dates or even press releases, a lot of sites speculate march but how can they be sure?.

If I knew for a fact it was only a month off I would be happy to wait, but even the ATI website has no information on these boards, for a product that is supposedly a month away from release ATI are certainly being very quiet about it.

References to the new line of ATi cards (RV280 (9200), RV350 (9600) and R350 (9800)) have turned up in the latest Catalyst drivers, so they shouldn't be too far away now.

Users who are viewing this thread