herald grab bag news

scorge

Fledgling Freddie
Four more years! Four more years!

Q: Will there be a new regular server released anytime soon?

A: I know how appealing fresh starts are, but new servers are expensive in both equipment and manpower to set up, and impossible to justify to purchasing managers unless the other servers are underused. So I'm sorry to say the answer is no.

Q: Is there a bug with Tuscaren Glacier? It doesn't respawn except for patch day, and I assume that's because the servers get reset and therefore respawn everything.

A: Everything looked okay on our end, but just to be safe we checked the live server you listed when you sent in the feedback form. (As a side note – this is one of many reasons why it is important to tell me your server and your account name on the form. There can be bugs that only happen to you or your server, and you need to give me enough information to check.) Everything that hadn't JUST been killed was up and in fine form as of yesterday, which definitely wasn't a patch day.

If you meant a particular spawn, please let me know. We're always glad to look into these, just in case a spawn timer was reset by accident.

Q: This question is about the realm rank point cap changes in 1.81. I'm over the cap right now, but I'm willing to wipe my points just so I can stay in the BG I like best.

A: We have a "realm point wiper" NPC in testing on Pendragon right now. We currently have him placed inside the BG, and although that may change, you should make a visit to this NPC your first priority on the day the patch goes live. ESPECIALLY if we end up deciding that the point wiper needs to stay in the BG (to prevent anyone who doesn't care about the BGs from accidentally using it).

Actually, if you could log on Pendragon this weekend and check out that NPC, I'd be as happy as a hog in a wallow. Wipe your points on a test character and let us know if it wipes anything else, please?

Q: Will there be free respecs this patch?

A: Not unless we nerf something – that's been our thinking for the last few years. If something is borked enough to require us to improve it, then we need to improve it for those who chose… whatever it was. If we take something down by a major amount, we usually toss in a free single line respec.

This patch is all about fixing and improving, so no freebies this time. We do have the respec system wherein you can buy respecs, so everyone does have the option of retuning their specs.

Q: I like the "realm points for helping" stuff in 1.81, but now I'm wondering if disease/debuff spells are being considered for points.

A: Not in 1.81, as we're trying to lock down what all healing spells we're going to be able to include. We have not made any decision about diseases or debuffs. No, really, we haven't even discussed it yet, so I can't even guess which way it'll go.

Q: It says in 1.81D that "If a pet with 1600 hp is controlled by a player with roughly 1600 hp, and two solo players kill each of them, they will get roughly even shares of the credit."

How does that apply to the necromancer? The one killing the necromancer hasn't done much work as someone who killed the Necro Pet. So one player will have killed the pet 1600hp but the other will have only done like.. 100-140hp in dmg.. so having both share a same part of RP is kind of not really fair for the one who killed the pet... well, IMO.

A: I thought you made a good point and passed your question to the design team. The Somewhat More Than Moderately Evil Overlord told me there was an exception for dead necros. "For the Necro - they get a split of the RPs based upon how much damage they have done to the pet or the necro himself. The person who does all the damage to the pet and kills it will get roughly 90% of the RPs, while the person who just kills the low health Necro will only get about 10%."

Also, did anyone else think "dead necro" looked funny? Just me? Okay.

Q: Will healing necromancer pets count as healing players for realm points? It's not counting right now.

A: Thanks for playing on Pendragon and letting us know. We're trying to see what we can do.

I know that's not the answer you might have hoped for, but if it is possible to make an exception for necro pets, we absolutely WANT healing the shade to count for points. I just don't know if we'll be able to set it that way in 1.81.

Q: There's a named gargoyle mob in Hibernia's Queen's Labyrinth, Herym, who is not part of any quest, is relatively difficult to kill solo, but doesn't drop anything but bags of coin. Is this a weird oversight?

A: Yes. Thanks. He's fixed now. /blush

Q: Can you reset the character copier?

A: Yes. (Well, we did it Wednesday, not today. I send the questions around in the middle of the week, and the answers come in via email over a few days. In this case the Code Warrior just did it as soon as he saw the question.)

Q: A long time ago...in a grab bag far, far, away...(yeah, corny, but so are your grab bag titles). :-P

You posted about how damage variances worked:

1 spec: 25 - 100%

1/3 of level: 50 - 100%

2/3 of level: 75 - 100%

spec = level: 100 - 150%

Do those still apply after four years (!) and if so, what is the percentage a percentage OF?

A: Corny?! I'm hurt! Except not really.

I asked the Code Warrior, and we discovered that damage variance as pertaining to spec level has managed to stay the same over the years. As for what the number is a percentage of… well, jeez, you just had to ask me a hard one. It's the NUMBER, of course.

Okay, the number that represents the damage range (the raw number of points you have the potential to inflict every time you take offensive action) is made up of a lot of things. I can't tell you exactly, because it’s not a nice simple formula, but rather something like a jellyfish with tentacles all over the place. It would take hours to track down all the possible minor influences, but the major influences are:

Your level

Target's level

Delve value of spell and/or damage of weapon

Any bonuses due to applicable attribute (strength, acuity, dex, etc)

Armor of target

Remember, that list is NOT complete, but the things I did not include probably don't make more than a few points of difference.

Q: The Friar's Champ staff has a +5 persistent slash/thrust/crush buff on it. There is also a +5 slash/thrust/crush timed castable Champ buff in the Acolyte line. Do these two buffs stack, giving the Friar +10 to melee resists while the staff is equipped and the casted buff is in effect?

A: Another for the Code Warrior: "The Champion level resist buffs "co-exist", which is something we introduced specifically for those. They won't overwrite buffs of their own type, but they won't give any benefit if the player already has a stronger buff up. So in the example given, the player would have +5 slash/crush/thrust resist from either buff, but would not get an additional benefit from both being up at the same time."

Q: You're making the necro pet prettier. Can you spruce up the BD pets?

A: We're working on that for a future patch. We were hoping to get it in this one, but we ran into a bunch of implementation bugs that forced us to change the schedule.

Q: My concern is with the new patch note that states:

" - Guards alone will no longer be able to make the healed player considered "in RvR combat". They must be injured, and must have a record of an RvR Player or Pet opponent attacking them recently."

Does this mean that deaths resulting from guards will cause a loss of constitution as in PvE deaths?

A: I didn't think so, and to be sure I checked with the Code Warrior, who said, "It should not cause CON deaths. The calc in question is solely to determine who gets what RPs from the pool."

:m00:

Azathrim

Fledgling Freddie
Scorge, how come that every time you find something either GoA or Mythic posted, you immidiatedly copy it and paste it on FH?

I might understand it if it was something less frequent than the weekly "Friday News" or the "Grab Bag". But, even those gets posted here. If people want to read them (which they should), they know it's there every friday.

Azathrim

Fledgling Freddie
But at least just provide a link. It's not like it's going to get removed from the official sites before dawn. It's nice to see if people have an oppinion on specific items in the Grab Bag / Friday News, but rarely does people like Scorge even bother to provide that. He just post farms. Add to that, that the extremely long post makes it annoying to use for discussion as the replies are quite far down on the page. If you absolutely must post farm, just provide a link.

cemi0

Can't get enough of FH
Azathrim said:
But at least just provide a link. It's not like it's going to get removed from the official sites before dawn. It's nice to see if people have an oppinion on specific items in the Grab Bag / Friday News, but rarely does people like Scorge even bother to provide that. He just post farms. Add to that, that the extremely long post makes it annoying to use for discussion as the replies are quite far down on the page. If you absolutely must post farm, just provide a link.

How about not clicking his link instead of coming here whining? Its not like you are forced to click it. Whats the matter boy? Ran out of quality whine and had to lower yourself or? Please..

scorge

Fledgling Freddie
Azathrim said:
Scorge, how come that every time you find something either GoA or Mythic posted, you immidiatedly copy it and paste it on FH?

some people at work cant see the goa or mythic website as it is blocked, so people post it hear so they can read it.

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
scorge said:
some people at work cant see the goa or mythic website as it is blocked, so people post it hear so they can read it.

aye :)

but include the link to the source as well ;) just so we can check yer not inserting hidden patch notes and subliminal "scorge is uber" messages.

Thadius

Part of the furniture
Azathrim said:

I might understand it if it was something less frequent than the weekly "Friday News" or the "Grab Bag". But, even those gets posted here. If people want to read them (which they should), they know it's there every friday.

Easier to find it on here, seeing as its as my homepage xD

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom