Helpdesk/Knowledge Base/Intranet Software

S

]SK[

Im basically in need of some sort of helpdesk software. Really it needs to be web based. It will be for internal use for call logging etc within the company.
Im currently doing it using a phpbb forum (might sound stupid but works well for logging calls and jobs).

What software do you use/recommend?
PS has anyone tried phpgroupware, looks quite a good program but the web site is full of 404 errors on each hyperlink?

S

Summo

Hmm. The only ones I've ever used are big client/server workflow/incident/change control things, Computer Associates' Advanced HelpDesk (AHD) and Axios Systems' Assyst, which sucks.

So... I guess I can't help.

PHPBB forum sounds like a simple and neat way of working, though.

L

LTF

I seem to remember at a place i used to work, they had a Helpdesk system called Sunrise. It had a web client, but you'll need to host it.

Dunno if thats any help :/

R

raw

We use Track-IT, i beleive you can buy the Intranet addon for it for web based call logging and viewing.

edit: blueocean.com i think is what you want.

S

]SK[

looking now tnx, cant find anything about a plugin/addon though.

W

whipped

We use an in-house developed peice of software that uses an Access database backend and a web/asp frontend. Seems to work well enough and we've had no complaints.

Seeing as it was written by someone in 6 months that had no knowledge of HTML, yet alone ASP, would it not be easier to write your own?

S

SilverHood

RightNow is good if you can afford it :)

Users who are viewing this thread