Help

raw

One of Freddy's beloved
Anyone have any links to websites that have like salary reviews/scales for IT Staff in the UK? covering different Areas (namely North West) based on positions and stuff?

I'm getting fisted in my current job and some of the guys here doing fuck all are almost on what i am, apraisal and pay review time is up soon and its not going to continue.

Thanks

Tom

I am a FH squatter
The simple answer would be to pose this question in an industry magazine, but I would consider moving to another job if you're unhappy. If you stay, and you're unhappy with what you're on, then I suggest you work-to-rule.

raw

One of Freddy's beloved
I am happy in my job and with 90 percent of the people i work with / around me, its the lazy ***** that do fuck all in my department on more or same as me i have a problem with, i already have the stats to take in with me :D

I just need to look at some salary scales.

Whipped

Part of the furniture
Damn, there is a website for just this sort of thing, but I'm buggered if I can remember it. MY dad has it bookmarked, so once he pops online I'll find out.

jaba

Fledgling Freddie
Probably a bit useless, bit fhm had some pay survey thing which had IT in, and the bonus was you get to look at half naked women at the same time! :D

SAS

Can't get enough of FH
When you have your apraisal tell them you think you are being overlooked and ask them why. They should point out some things and you'll have a heads up as to why they are keeping you where you are. Or they can't give you a straight answer or it's crap and in that case new job is the way to go. Only leave though when you've calmed down and thought about it. Don't make a rash desision.

My 2p worth.

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber
SAS said:
When you have your apraisal tell them you think you are being overlooked and ask them why. They should point out some things and you'll have a heads up as to why they are keeping you where you are. Or they can't give you a straight answer or it's crap and in that case new job is the way to go. Only leave though when you've calmed down and thought about it. Don't make a rash desision.

My 2p worth.

Can I add that you should voice your concerns about your colleagues (the lazy ones) with your manager also? It might actually be useful input for them ;)

anattic

Fledgling Freddie
I was going to suggest you take a look at Computing magazine, since they often publish salary trends. However, it turns out they get their data from these people:

http://www.jobstats.co.uk/index.html

The site is pretty nasty, but it seems to be quite informative/up-to-date.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Two things:

1) What's your skillset and what is your job title.

2)
Can I add that you should voice your concerns about your colleagues (the lazy ones) with your manager also? It might actually be useful input for them

You may look like a cnut if you do the above to the office manager - but in your appraisal you're spot on :)

Whipped

Part of the furniture
Jupitus said:
Can I add that you should voice your concerns about your colleagues (the lazy ones) with your manager also? It might actually be useful input for them ;)
I did that and the lazy git still works at my place. I was told that being lazy wasn't a sackable offence.

*Puts up hammock by desk. Jumps in. ZZZZzzzz*

SAS

Can't get enough of FH
this is kind of leading on from my column on management (excuse the pimp :) ).

Why is it, in every workplace there are people within the it who cannot do the job properly or mess about leaving others to fill in the gaps, and these guys/gals get all the promotions, money e.t.c? I guess they are skilled networkers (i.e build up a group of top level friends). BUT some of us out there do want to give 110% to the business yet we are always over looked?

Somethings wrong somewhere :|

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
Take the American way of fixing this.

Simply walk into work armed with an MP5 and let loose. Ahhhh! Now that's stress relief.

Whipped

Part of the furniture
The way it seems to work in my place is simple. If you work hard then you are only in the office for, tops, 2 hours a day. However, if you're a lazy bum that gets into work at 10:30 everyday and then sits on his ass, the boss notices you and thinks you must be doing something important to spend this much time on the PC. This then leads to the lazy person being picked for the most interesting jobs and the one training course that we could afford this year :(

Oh, btw, I am working at the moment. But running computerised exams doesn't require much cognitive ability ;)

Insane

Wait... whatwhat?
Whipped said:
Oh, btw, I am working at the moment. But running computerised exams doesn't require much cognitive ability ;)
ha! im sitting here drinking "coffee" while watching nero try to burn a 730mb ghost image to a 700mb CDR, for the last 32 mins :D

the coffee's some wierd instant cappuccino stuff from lidl and its quite decent to drink :eek6:

raw

One of Freddy's beloved
My official position would be network support, i do all our 2nd line support, look after 1 st line dude (he sucks) and some of the 3rd line shit, with the senior network guy, as well as developing our asp driven intranet, and currently been given the task of helping our marketing and graphics department redesign 1 of our companies websites.

Half qualified to MCSE with a few exams to go, with the rest booked in for the next few months.

What would you think is a reasonale salary for this type of role?

yaruar

Can't get enough of FH
raw said:
My official position would be network support, i do all our 2nd line support, look after 1 st line dude (he sucks) and some of the 3rd line shit, with the senior network guy, as well as developing our asp driven intranet, and currently been given the task of helping our marketing and graphics department redesign 1 of our companies websites.

Half qualified to MCSE with a few exams to go, with the rest booked in for the next few months.

What would you think is a reasonale salary for this type of role?

I earn 25k in a more senior role in london...

IT salaries crashed and burned a few years ago. 1/2nd line support roles even with qualifications are going as low as 14/15k even in london it's quite sad really. dunno about the north, but I've worked in 1st/2nd line supposr jobs up until a few years ago with novell/ms systems and earned between 16 and 23k depending on the company and my experience.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom