Votes: 7 5.0%
  • Sod off to Albion and play there!!!!

Votes: 13 9.3%
  • ....with himself

Votes: 42 30.0%

• Total voters

Grunta

Fledgling Freddie
Apologies TR - pretty much a copy and past from my post there. I just want to cast the net a little wider and get some more views. Any pearls of advice on the below greatly appreciated, my fine Midgard brethren..... A MP piece of leather / cloth (though a cheap one to make :D ) up for grabs for the reply I find most useful, courtesy of Cobolt master hinger extra-ordinaire. just to explain - I have just returned to playing after a long long break - pre ToA.

I really want to get a more optimised character for RvR. At the moment I have around 8 level 50 (or soon to be) ML0 low RR crap kitted out chars......

I know you are probably all fed up doing ML / arti type grind - but would love some help with a few group bits at some point in the future, and your expertise....what to play, templates and how to play as I have been to date to RvR what the French are at winning wars. :twak:

My BD has done 4/5 ML hunts - but needs to do two group steps from ML1 (the glowy thingy at the bottom of the Ocean 1.4? and the fire Island one - neither of which I could solo/duo when I tried) then all of ML2 to leap frog to about ML5.

But what are your views on the easiest (being a lazy fat troll) character that I should concentrate on to be good and a little fun for more optimised RvR ?

The BD I think is fun soloing - but I doubt really that good group material.....

PBT runie - not really much fun and I doubt really that much use in an optimised group. Good for nearsight - but dont think the bubble really is valued given speed of fights?

Zerker - fatty needs a respec as he is currently 2 handed (50 hammer, 50 parry). Funnish for PvE - hits slightly like a luri girl - but evades, parries quite nicely. He has a pretty shiny new epic now - many thanks to Otho and Gmod Wink

Skald - think the Longbeard(ed) one (who has a far superior beard to Blue - though a very white one!!!!!) is pretty much retired.

Healer - I guess the best for groups - but I really dont like the responsibility of playing the little dorf....not to mention I suck at it.

Warlock - still a few levels to go. Possibly the most fun class I have played - but I am sure more nerfs on the way and half of the realm are now Warlocks......

Shammie - could be possible I guess. To be honest I never play actively though - just a bot atm....and I guess need ML5 at the very minimum.

Hmm - missed one somewhere. Have a second skald but that makes 7. Never was very good at counting - but its late and my mind is even less disfunctional than usual!!!!

Any advice greatly appreciated my lovely guildies.

Iceforge

Can't get enough of FH
You say that the negative part by choosing a BD would be him not be so needed by groups as others, but a well-played BD with right abilities offer a lot a utility to a RvR group!!

Spec: 48 Supp / 24 Dark (Best LifeDrain, 15% Body Debuff, Best Healer Pets)

RA: Get TWF (Thornweed Field) as quick as possible, maybe purge before TWF, but then TWF, as it gives great utility possibilities.

ML: Go Banelord, Convoker hold nice utility, but convoker abilities are not stack-able in general and there will be others in a standard group with convoker path (most SM's and RM's will be)

Now, you can serve several roles in a group:

Interrupter:
Main part for you in a FG will be to put your pets on some healers ass, LifeTap/Nuke away on another healer to take out their healing power or perhaps you will have to focus a bit on their interrupter if they have 1.

For this role you can your Pets, Lifetap, Nukes, BL8, TWF and other less (but still) important tools for interrupting the enemy and making them useless.

Healer/Caster Defender

With TWF you also get the ability to defend your groups healers/casters by using the TWF area optimized.

It can slow down an assist train from 1 of your healers, if you are fighting an tank-group or interrupt their casting if you are facing a caster group, it can provide a covered space, where your casters are free from being interrupted by melee attacks, or atleast is less likely to meet a tank with a mofu hammer about to hit their heads to pieces :)

Small Advantages

On some points you even get advantages other classes don't, because of the nice mix of abilities!
You can use the Banelord ML8 abilty more freely than a Zerker, because you can always lifetap your way back to HP instead of relying on your healers, hence making their job easier than elseway.

I would definatly go for the BD of those or maybe the Zerker, making a Zerker myself at the moment, but there are not many raids for Melee Artifacts on FH in mid compared to hunts for caster items, which could make it considerably more easy to get the stuff you need :)

Liff

Fledgling Freddie
BD was my answer untill I saw the last option :)

Cadelin

Resident Freddy
If you wanna be any good at RvR you have to get your Master levels and equipment sorted. All the classes you have listed have their place in RvR although the warlock won't get into any groups. Both the BD and the zerker are good chars because they can be banelords. Zerker can get charge/det and BD can get TWF.

old.Whoodoo

Can't get enough of FH
Cadelin said:
All the classes you have listed have their place in RvR although the warlock won't get into any groups.
WTF, nearsight, group heals better than most healers, PBAE bombs and can be Banelords... cant see where you get that from. Dont tell me, you are an alb...:twak:

Overdriven

Dumpster Fire of The South
Rhayn said:
Too few live shammies imo.

I play live, I'm quite good at my shaman, but most people never see me online.

Suggest you either play a BD or a Shaman, both good in groups - both useful etc.

Dr_Evil

Fledgling Freddie
Midgard is usually always pretty short on healers (especially pac), so if u want to gain realm ranks fast etc there's always a grp looking for a healer or two. Although shaman may be a little more fun to play? :)

Or maybe u're more like me, born to melee and really can't play anything else, cause u get bored after 2mins and put the seers/casters on the shelf for 6 months at the time between playing them? After my taste Skald is the most fun, and berserker close behind. Although if u go for the tanks u might have more problems finding a grp, since most grps are already stuffed with tanks and looking for seers. ;)

Imo go for the char that YOU think is most fun! :D

K

Karath

I was thinking of deleting my alb excal chars after going on the alb classic, and comeing to mid.

How about a savage? Are they saught for in RvR much?

Ive got dreams of remaking a char i had once called Nibbl, a tiny kobold savage. :-D

Jobbegea

Loyal Freddie
old.Whoodoo said:
WTF, nearsight, group heals better than most healers, PBAE bombs and can be Banelords... cant see where you get that from. Dont tell me, you are an alb...:twak:

wich rvr guilds using warlocks in groups?
haven't seen any warlock in the active rvr guilds atm.
100% of the warlocks i see are solo or got brynja missions.

Chronictank

FH is my second home
Jobbegea said:
wich rvr guilds using warlocks in groups?
haven't seen any warlock in the active rvr guilds atm.
100% of the warlocks i see are solo or got brynja missions.
there are no good warlocks left since Takhy left, so noone runs them
(apologies to ones i havent seen play yet :) )

Airwalker

Fledgling Freddie
play a sm like the Migthy Airwalker of Midgard does... with other words... ME.

WiZe^

Can't get enough of FH
Overdriven said:
I play live, I'm quite good at my shaman, but most people never see me online.

Suggest you either play a BD or a Shaman, both good in groups - both useful etc.

i remeber when u bufft urself whit teh acuity buff ! xD

Grunta

Fledgling Freddie
Come on peeps - dont think your taking this seriously :twak: (from the 40% people that voted for the latter two options - though I suppose its my fault for giving them to you........). I am serious about the mp item - not that one is probably worth comparatively much these days.

I really don't understand all the hatred towards Warlocks and why they are perceived as non group friendly characters. As its been said, very few people play active shammies. Coupled with the lack of healers - warlocks surely fill the gap as fantastic secondary healers....with a powerful spread heal. Also - is the realm ability that gives some pretty insane resists not of use? I know it is fairly brief, and on a 15 minute timer - but gives resists to a hell alot of attacks with some insanely high values if maxed. Perhaps this isnt appreciated or widely used as no one lets the poor blighters in their group.

Then theres the near sight....the frogger (reminds me of one of the first ever pc games I played - showing my age).....and a lovely pbae.

Having been 2 shotted by numerous archer and caster types when I played a runie - my only regret with the versitility of the class, is the inability to make the 50 curse / 3000 range option viable. Would love to get sweet revenge :D

Mas

One of Freddy's beloved
If your looking to play in grps, roll a pac healer, sham or a zerker. If you want to have fun in grps or solo roll a caster.

Cadelin

Resident Freddy
Grunta said:
I really don't understand all the hatred towards Warlocks and why they are perceived as non group friendly characters. As its been said, very few people play active shammies. Coupled with the lack of healers - warlocks surely fill the gap as fantastic secondary healers....with a powerful spread heal. Also - is the realm ability that gives some pretty insane resists not of use? I know it is fairly brief, and on a 15 minute timer - but gives resists to a hell alot of attacks with some insanely high values if maxed. Perhaps this isnt appreciated or widely used as no one lets the poor blighters in their group.

You cannot compare a warlock with a shaman they play completey different roles in group RvR. The shaman has buff shears, diesease and various other interupting abilites as well as his Perfector abilities like cure nearsight. They also have end regen and can rebuff people.

There is nothing wrong (from a mid perspective!) with the warlock class. Its very strong and also good solo. This has however meant that there are an awful lot of warlocks. This in turn means that there are an awful lot of bad warlocks with crappy equipment, no Master Levels and there only skill is chamber dumping. Warlocks will also virtually ALWAYS get targetted first by the enemy.

I'll repeat what I said in my first post. Pick the class you want to play. They are all reasonably solid. Just remember that you will have to play it alot if you want to get at RvR. I still think you will find it easier to get groups if you play either your zerker or bd. Support classes will also get groups but I found it really hard to equip my healer especially when compared to my warrior. Support chars can't solo either!

lilmissnaughty

Fledgling Freddie
i voted u should play with urself:D
is playing with urself the same as playing warlock? a lot of folks keep saying they r wankers.... ;)

Vodkafairy

Fledgling Freddie
lilmissnaughty said:
i voted u should play with urself:D
is playing with urself the same as playing warlock? a lot of folks keep saying they r wankers.... ;)

rofl. :fluffle:

Grunta

Fledgling Freddie
And the winner is......... :bazbeer: :clap: Iceforge :eek2: . Sorry for the delay in replying....been away a bit.

Now really Midgard - all this anti warlock sentiment - little naughty miss (who I bet is no miss) suggesting they are all :wanker: s. Thats no way to treat the savours of Midgard!!!! SHow some respect and decoram.

Vive la Revolution - make Warlocks a protected species and Guillitine anyone that insults them!

PM me in game Iceforge (Cobolt, Grunta, Longbeard, Indecision, Salrith, Harbard) or send me a message

Thanks peeps for all your help

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom