help !

W

Wij

I've just upgraded to a Radeon 9800 and Catalyst 3.8 but I now have a problem where if I'm ingame then press escape to go back to the menu I lost the mouse pointer.

Additionally, if I then press escape again to go back to the game it seems my soldier has got fed up viewing the horrors of war and has strapped a kaliedoscope to his eyes.

I have Epox mobo, Athlon XP 1800+, 1gig PC2700 blah blah blah...

A

adams901

dunno, i'll have to look into it, I had a similar problem when I got my graphics card, the card had to be RMA'd and the funky graphics were always present (didnt need to esc).

C

Cdr

What card did you have before? If it was an nVidia, did you totally remove the drivers? Have you tried reinstalling BF? Have you tried using an older version of the Cats? Have you tried Omega drivers?

I'll continue to have a search round the normal forums, see what I can find in the meantime

W

Wij

I had a GF3. I uninstalled the driver but never actually deleted the old files.

C

Cdr

http://www.driverheaven.net/#article_7480

Try using that (Driver Cleaner) to remove all the old nVidia files, and the ATi drivers. Then reinstall the Cat 3.8s.

I recommend reading the instructions for the Driver Cleaner tho - may cause some problems if used incorrectly :)

L

Louster

Uh, weird, yeah this has started happening to me too, after I updated the catalysts. Was fine before I updated.

X

xane

You can rollback drivers in XP, or go back to a restore point.

L

Louster

ENTHUSIASM/ANNOYANCE DEPLETED. APATHY PEAKING. WORK COMPLETED TOWARDS GOAL: 0%

I don't play this anymore anyway, whatever.

Users who are viewing this thread