Help!

T

Tilda

Ok, ive recently been playing this game a bit online,

Now, theres me with my sabre trying to hit something, and theres all these good players busy hitting me and killing me in 1 shot?
How do they kill me so easily when even when I hit them they dont die? :p

Can anybody offer some tips?

M

mr.Blacky

You are talking about JK2? It really depends on what stance you are using, I am sure someone else will answer this much better then me, but all 3 have a move that will kill you in one stroke, or atleast that was the case lol.

F

FragFodder

Yeah, the game has 3 stances. You can use "L" or the middle mouse to cycle between them. If you look at the indicator on the bottom right of the screen it'll display the colour of stace you're currently using.

Blue/Light - This stance is fast but it doesn't do much damage, it has limited range and isn't very good for blocking incomming attacks

Special - Lunge, crouch + forward + fire

Yellow/Medium - This is the standard stance, slower than blue but dishes out more damage.

Special - Top Down Hack, Jump + forward + fire (the target must be infront of you and within range)

Red/Heavy - This is my personal favourite and in JK2's hayday it was a very effective stance (once you'd mastered it) but towards the end people started to learn how to counter Red stance. However its slow any swing with this stance is telegraphed, replied to and resent by the time the swing actually connects. Ok maybe not that slow but it's definatly a "patient" stance. This stance dishes out alot of damage with a good hit and can probably account for alot of your deaths.

Special - Death From Above, Forward (press and hold)+ Fire (press and hold)+ Jump (when the blade passes his head)

Blocking/Being on Guard - The key to blocking is to look at your opponent at all times. Your character will automatically block incomming attacks with his saber provided you are't doing anything other than running or standing still. When swinging your saber your opponent can get his hits in under your guard. Which can also account for you hitting people and nothing actually happening. Also I've seen ALOT of new players in JK2 constantly running arround the maps swinging their sabers, this isnt a good idea for the reasons stated. Remember your back and flanks are always vulnerable, keep your opponent infront of you and dont let him see your side or back :)

Ok, any questions?

FF

T

Tilda

hmm, ok thanks :D

its pretty trickie to do those moves because everybody else is trying to do the same thing back :(

Thanks anyway

Tilda

F

FragFodder

To be honest m8, against a good player the Specials aint that special. If you miss he'll rape you on the counter lol :p

The game's all about practice. If you want praccy at the specials fire up the game, drop down the consol and type "Map FFA_Bespin" then just jump arround there till you get them right. You will need to spawn a bot for the Yellow Special :)

FF

D

Damage

hehe

listen to my ol' master Tilda, he knows what's best for ya :p

You have to observate you opponent and imagine when you swing where it will hit.
ie.
you can see a DFA from miles off, you have the time to counter it with a Blue Lung or a (red) swing.

FF is the right person to tell all these things, cos he once told them to me..

/me will stay outta this

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom