Help with RCON

79thlcplbarton

First of all how do i connect to RCON and second of all, can i change all of the things like game type and weapons uses? and if i can how do i do it?

C

Chameleon

/rconpassword password

gets you access to the '/rcon command' variables. There's loads of them. Take a look back at this thread for some more info.

Cham

79thlcplbarton

Where do i type that in???? and RCONpassword password

password= my own password right?

T

throdgrain

Type it in console m8 - use the tilde key (`) its the one to the left of "1" to open console.

79thlcplbarton

Do i have to be on my server or can i be on any server or even the menu

T

throdgrain

You have to be on your server, and you have to log in on every visit to use rcon commands.
If you use All seeing Eye, you can put the password in there to save typing it in, and also access the console from outside the game, but if not you must go there.

79thlcplbarton

Does the allseeingeye cost money? and what is the website?

79thlcplbarton

With what you told me that RCON command thing didn't work! HELP!

C

Chameleon

Can you be a bit more specific Barton? Is this a server you are running yourself? Are you trying to configure things from this same pc, or remotely from another?

79thlcplbarton

I am using a game.net server and i am NOT hosting it, my friend ordered it, but i am not hosting it, i know the IP and port though, can you help?

C

CAC

ok if you are using All Seeing Eye (which i assume you are after the recomendation to do so )

1] Locate your server in the server list
2] Right click on your server to bring up a menu
3] Click server properties
4] Enter your rcon password where it says Rcon pw then click ok

then when you are in your server press the tidal key (located to the left of the 1 key) to drop the console.

type /rcon (the command you want here without brackets)

if this doesnt work i would suggest that either you may have mispelled your rcon password or that you do not have the correct rcon password

p.s sorry if this post sounds patronising its not meant to be :rolleyes:

C

Chameleon

Barton, CAC pretty much covered it, but i don't know if your pm was before or after this latest post, so .... just to add a little to/expand upon what has already been said ...

a) Download and install the all seeing eye (ASE)
b) When in ASE, from the server menu add your server details, e.g. ip, port, game, etc and put it in the 'Favourites 1' list.
c) Go to the 'Favourites 1' folder and right click on your server listed in the right-hand side panel. Click properties and then enter the known password in the Rcon pw box. Now when you connect to that server, it automatically executes the '/rconpassword yourpassword' command
d) Connect to the server. You may need to specify a password if it is setup for private clients only. This is the /password variable (do "/password yourclientpassword" without the speech marks at the console while it is trying to connect. Console is accessed by pressing Tilde, next to the '1' key) which specifies the client password for getting on the server, as opposed to the /rconpassword which is for RemoteConsole access.
e) Now connected to the server, you should be able to use "/rcon SpecificCommand", without the speech marks, from the console.

It may be this distinction between the private client password and the rcon password which is causing you problems. The /password (also possible to fill in at the server properties box in ASE) is the one which allows people to connect, as a client to a server which is limited, by password, to private clients only. The /rconpassword is the password which allows access to the remote console, either through a seperate server admin program, or from your client console.

Cham

79thlcplbarton

But can i actually look around as admin, like on AAO (America's Army)?

thanks anyway for your help

Users who are viewing this thread