Help with my laptop plz :)

Eeben

Fledgling Freddie
I got my self a hp pavillion dv900 some months back with windows vista but vista is crap imo so i wanna chance back to xp but everytime i try an boot a windows xp cd up i get black screen.

Anybody who know what could be wrong?

Overdriven

Dumpster Fire of The South
What exactly do you do?

All you need to do is stick the XP OS installation disc into the laptop, reboot then let it run (don't press buttons)

PS: Don't bother reformating if you don't know what you're doing, too many issues come up. (The whole, no firewall with initial internet use == Spamware)

Eeben

Fledgling Freddie
What exactly do you do?

All you need to do is stick the XP OS installation disc into the laptop, reboot then let it run (don't press buttons)

PS: Don't bother reformating if you don't know what you're doing, too many issues come up. (The whole, no firewall with initial internet use == Spamware)

i know what im doing :) the problem is it wont run the install after it has bootet up it just goes black or come up with some weird error. I tryet a few differnt window xp cd's that works fine on other computers so i really dont understand whats wrong :(

Overdriven

Dumpster Fire of The South
As mentioned above, write the errors you get. Could be a faulty HDD/CD Drive by the sound of it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom