Help with low fps problem pls

Hi, when i run daoc on my machine it runs at around 15fps :/ very very very low... i'm running

2.2ghz
1024 pc 3200 ram
geforce fx5700....

now by all means that should run daoc pefectly fine :/

yet on 1 of my other pc's that is

1.5ghz
512 pc 2100 ram
geforce 2 ultra

it runs better than my main machine :/ any ideas why anyone? :(

Awarkle

Fledgling Freddie
you not got like 16x anti alialising turn on have you ?

or any programs that run in the background (spyware is a sod for slow down in fps

go into you video card options and change everything to maximum performance see if that changes anything

Void959

Fledgling Freddie
Graphics card shouldnt slow it down even with 16x AA TBH, more likely spyware etc. causing system load.

Firstly check you're running the same in-game settings (incl resolution) on both comps, with current graphics card and mobo drivers. Then run a couple of virus scanners, spyware checkers, make sure you have suffiecient HDD space and that the pagefile isn't too small, check ram load at idle too, if you've installed a whole lot of junk and random apps in the past , it can give huge performance losses. Personally I do install hundereds of apps regularly and since I'm too lazy, I just backup everything important, and reformat every couple of months, works great :p

spyware free i run ad-aware 3-4 times a day and virus scan twice daily :/

And i set it to Highest frame rate and it runs fine... it should be fine other wise tho :/ the other pc is running it a 1280x1024 full reflective water, all shadows, atlantis gfx and its fine... yet when i run it at 1024x768, windowed,atlantis gfx,full reflective water it runs like shit :/ i really dont get it lol both pc's have Anti aliasing application controlled on so they should be the same :/ i have no idea what it could be

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom