Help with Hunter spec please

Lika

Fledgling Freddie
Hi,
Ive just started a hunter, and based on chara, builder am planning
Bow 40 Sp 39 St 40 BC 32 , for an all round chara.
Is this a reasonable spec.. my chara is a Valkyn.

also can you suggest a good BG 1 spec for L 24?

Dommelsch

Fledgling Freddie
bgspec;

21bow
18stealth
7(?)bs for speedbuff to escape ( could come in handy )
rest spear ( guess its near 18 )

Urme the Legend

Fledgling Freddie
Lika said:
Hi,
Ive just started a hunter, and based on chara, builder am planning
Bow 40 Sp 39 St 40 BC 32 , for an all round chara.
Is this a reasonable spec.. my chara is a Valkyn.

also can you suggest a good BG 1 spec for L 24?

Don't spec 40 stealth.. max 35.

45bow, 39spear, 35stealth, 32bc is an ok allround spec.

Lika

Fledgling Freddie
Thanks very much... badly needed a guiding light :))

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
web page is ok .. but the specs he suggests suck .. taking beast craft beyond 32 is a waste .. 32 is the max in bc and if u got a bb u can get away with 8 bc but i like call of the hounds for the comedy value and the last pet is a nice dmg add .. tho against infis it can trigger evade a lot so u get dragonfanged although thats not too much of an issue now that its been halved in duration.

Klonk

One of Freddy's beloved
Yes, beastcraft: max 32. Also, effective stealth will be spec + bonus from items/sc-ing + rr = 35 + 10 + 1 on rr 1, on rr5 it will be 35 + 10 + 5 = 50 effective stealth. So don't have 40, that will give you 51 already on rr1, 52 on rr2, which you surely will be once you ding 50. So no point in going above 50 stealth on such low rr (if ever).

Bow 45 or 50 (if you want to be a true hunter :p) and spear 39 or 44, depending on what you prioritize :)

Spix

Fledgling Freddie
Moriath said:
web page is ok .. but the specs he suggests suck .. taking beast craft beyond 32 is a waste .. 32 is the max in bc and if u got a bb u can get away with 8 bc but i like call of the hounds for the comedy value and the last pet is a nice dmg add .. tho against infis it can trigger evade a lot so u get dragonfanged although thats not too much of an issue now that its been halved in duration.

Not sure about the last thing about pet triggering evade and infils use it to DF you... Have to be tested.

Call of hounds is cool and useful from time to time.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
the pet is blue con so when it attacks an inf they are more likely to evade that than yr spear ... so over all if a doggy is attacking an infi from the front they will evade more often than if just you are attcking giving them more opportunity to land df

i thought this was widely known ... ofc i am willing to be proven wrong

Ormorof

FH is my second home
afaik, you can only use evade styles on the person/thing you evade? (thats how it seems in PvE anyway :p )

also just walk backwards abit and voila, pet is behind the infil :p

though i havent managed to try my theory yet as i rarely get a chance to even summon doggie before im dead (yes, i die that fast :D )

Tuppe

Fledgling Freddie
Ormorof said:
afaik, you can only use evade styles on the person/thing you evade? (thats how it seems in PvE anyway :p )

also just walk backwards abit and voila, pet is behind the infil :p

though i havent managed to try my theory yet as i rarely get a chance to even summon doggie before im dead (yes, i die that fast :D )

hmm i have allso read some posts infs need only evade somenes attack (pet in this scenario) and can land df to another (hunter).
tested? not seen results -> cannot be 100% sure.

old.Whoodoo

Can't get enough of FH
I just respecced my gimp to

45 Bow - 75% bubble burst plus Sure Shot
35 Stealth
32 BC - 41 insta pet, in NF wolf pack to snif out other stealthers
39 Spear - rear 7 sec stun style

Good alround PvE and RvR spec IMO.

BG1, for NF made a new Norse Hunter (average all rounder):

21 Bow - for critshot VII
18 Spear
17 Stealth (most non autod infs go 19 or 21)
7 BC - Run away spell plus 1 insta lowbie pet to chase and break stealth / speed.

Oldfaravid

Fledgling Freddie
Yeah my homepage needs an update bad.. Will take care of it soon.. this is my suggestion on hunter spec.. Below RR5 go for 37stealth 45 bow 42 spear 25 bc You will want the higher stealth so infils/ns dont spot you to easy with either see hidden as camo is down or stealth lore! and RR5 and above 34stealth 45 bow 40 spear 32 bc. If you like melee more you can switch and go 45 spear 40 bow. the old 34 BC spec is left from the day when see hidden was at cliprange and most of the time I found my self running trying to get away from the darn infils as 34 gives you the next speed movement.. GL with your hunter

Darzil

Fledgling Freddie
Sanzor said:
If infil evades pet attack, he can´t DF you.

Different than blocking, then. If I'm fighting three enemies, and I block the last one to hit me before I attack, I can riposte against any of them, not just the one I'm attacking.

Darzil

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
From experience you can't land DF on Hunter when you evade pet. I tried it on more than 1 occassion in DF. To be honest I was a bit upset that it didn't. Thought it worked the same way as blocking :(

Couple steps back puts pet behind inf and hits more... Would be amazed at any inf that stays in that position. Walkthrough and strafe forthewin.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom